The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
- 9 replies
- 1k views
-
More time lapse images, this time of the transformation of an army vet.
-
- 1 reply
- 731 views
-
-
I don't think that this video has been posted yet. It's cute.
-
- 4 replies
- 927 views
-
-
I don't want to reveal any names, but rumor has it that this tape was filmed at a boytoy get together a few months ago...
-
-
-
-
In an unusually personal opinion, Oregon District Judge Michael McShane today held that the state’s ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional. Same-sex couples in Oregon, who expected the ruling and had already lined up at county clerks’ office, immediately began marrying. The state refused to defend the law, and the Ninth Circuit today rejected a last-ditch effort by the National Organization for Marriage to intervene, so it seems there will be no appeal. That makes Oregon the 18th state to recognize same-sex marriages. Counting both federal and state court decisions, it’s the seventeenth consecutive judicial win for same-sex marriage advocates since the Supreme Cou…
-
- 4 replies
- 864 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Pretty impressive. Watch it in HD.
- 2 replies
- 818 views
-
-
It was featured on the morning news of the local CBS affiliate today (KCBS). Very creative. Apparently it took five weeks and $800 to make. It's electrically powered.
-
- 1 reply
- 776 views
-
-
Some great time lapsed videos at night.
-
From the writers guild here is the list: The WGA's top 10 are as follow: The Sopranos Seinfeld The Twilight Zone (1959) All in the Family M*A*S*H The Mary Tyler Moore Show Mad Men Cheers The Wire The West Wing Personally I would delete a few and add some. My list would look more like this: 1. LOST 2. Blue Bloods 3. Soap 4. 24 5.Modern Family 6. Maude 7.Bob Newhart Show 8. Rookie Blue 9. Seinfeld 10. The West Wing I am sure I've forgotten about quite a few shows but this is what comes to mind at the moment. What would your list look like?
- 35 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
The late Michael Jackson appeared via hologram at the Billboard Music Awards in a history-making performance. Using cutting-edge technology, it looked as if the King of Pop was actually on stage at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, debuting the new song, “Slave to the Rhythm.” The track is off Jackson’s new posthumous album, XSCAPE, which also features the title song and a duet with Justin Timberlake, “Love Never Felt So Good.” I'm not sure how I feel about this. I think it was odd at the very least. Check it out. . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dX3AVw7TWgE
-
- 4 replies
- 957 views
-
-
-
-
. . . and you could make only one, round-trip visit to observe, would you go forward or back in time--and where would you end up? I'd basically use it to go a few years into the future get stock tips, but maybe some others have something else to do.
- 33 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
Recently, a colleague of mine informed me that he was recently diagnosed HIV+... I was shocked, and then saddened by his news.. Shocked, because I had always thought he was a person who practiced Safe Sex, and then saddened that he now had to embark on a lifelong journey and battle for Survival. However, I was more shocked to learn his feelings about his diagnosis; that he felt RELIEVED, that he now wouldnt have to worry about getting HIV when having sex....... For me, this was confusing, since if it had been ME, I would feel a GREATER sense of Stress and responsibility, to inform EVERY partner of my status before taking the plunge and letting them decide if they…
-
- 6 replies
- 1k views
-
-
New to the site obviously and already enjoying it. Come visit my profile and let's all have a sexy ass weekend. Kevin Med
- 3 replies
- 805 views
- 1 follower
-
No, this is not another poop thread! Sorry, Adam Smith, it's a book review. A review of a book about poop*. I couldn't help it. The NY Post reviews it today. They may actually be able to do reverse enemas, putting healthy poop into you to fight the bad poop. Poop wars! Let them begin! http://nypost.com/2014/05/17/how-swapping-poop-has-helped-one-doctor-cure-disease/ *Okay, it may not be entirely about poop, but the shit swap is one of the stories in the book.
-
This article appeared today in the NYTimes http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/15/health/advocating-pill-us-signals-shift-to-prevent-aids.html?ref=todayspaper Federal health officials recommended Wednesday that hundreds of thousands of Americans at risk for AIDS take a daily pill that has been shown to prevent infection with the virus that causes it. It would mean a 50-fold increase in the number of prescriptions for the drug, Truvada — to 500,000 a year from fewer than 10,000. The drug costs $13,000 a year, and most insurers already cover it. Hard for me to believe that insurers would pay $13,000/year so some gays can bareback!
- 3 replies
- 2.5k views
-
A great animation showing the evolution of London, England from Roman times through today.
-
Depending on which game I am watching, the hottest player in baseball is on the screen. This weekend the Yankees have been playing the Seattle Mariners, so sex on a stick Franklin Guttierez has been my hearthrob. I finally got the pic to post below!