The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Never myself written anything more than a few harmless lines of FORTRAN back in the Pleistocene, but know many programmers who sound just like this. Anyone here a member of that glad confraternity? Programming SucksComposed on the 27th of April in the year 2014, at 12:52 PM. It was Sunday. Every friend I have with a job that involves picking up something heavier than a laptop more than twice a week eventually finds a way to slip something like this into conversation: "Bro,1 you don't work hard. I just worked a 4700-hour week digging a tunnel under Mordor with a screwdriver." They have a point. Mordor sucks, and it's certainly more physically taxing to dig a tunnel…
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
There seems to be a proliferation of GIFs on all the porn sites I visit. I hate GIFs. They bore the hell out of me and if I find the odd interesting one, the action is usually too fast to really see it. Does anyone else feel the same way?
- 6 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
http://www.gayguys.com/2014/04/better-top-power-bottom/
-
You may want to skip this thread. I present the Portsmouth Sinfonia. Founded in England as a prank in 1970, the entrance requirement was that a person be a non-musician. It only accepted musicians if the person agreed to play an instrument that they'd never played before. The orchestra developed a cult following and released a number of successful albums before, literally, disbanding around 1980. With that introduction (or warning for those musically inclined), I give you the Portsmouth Sinfonia and their rendition of "Also sprach Zarathustra."
- 8 replies
- 901 views
-
The guy looks like an escort, but he's an amazing illusionist.
-
-
-
- 14 replies
- 1.5k views
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0PoSClDsV8 Check it out. A hot latino boy shakin' it in RuPaul's new video, "Geronimo"!
- 9 replies
- 1.1k views
-
They NBA Players say to not stay silent on the Donald Tokowitz Sterling racial slurs. Well I am not. What a terrible week for octogenarian racists. What will NBA Commish do to owner Sterling?
-
It took the judges by surprise. http://youtu.be/k_H6fmzWs2Y
-
For the first time in 20 years traveling out of the USA, there was a team of Homeland Security agents that were picking people at random. The flight was headed to Asia. The passengers they were picking were single men. They asked questions like: Why are you going to Bangkok? What do you do there? Where do you stay? How many times have you been? Why do you go so much? Have you ever seen any trafficking of any kind? How many bags do you have? What are in them? Do you have camera equipment? I was more than a little surprised to get these questions upon leaving the USA. They said they were trying to target traffickers before they leave the USA. The questions were odd and …
- 18 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
Simple rules: name that breed; the winner posts the next breed for us to guess.
-
Some of us watch for the boys.. others watch for the actual dancing.. Here you get both, on Australia's version..
-
Good news is that Fred Phelps has died.. Bad news is that some of his family members are still around to carry on his hatred. http://www.queerty.com/breaking-fred-phelps-is-dead-20140320/
- 4 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
- 9 replies
- 1.1k views
-
This is worth a look: https://homes.yahoo.com/blogs/spaces/new-york-photographer-reshoots-century-old-scenes-for-armchair-time-travelers-010659477.html
-
-
- 1 reply
- 662 views
-
-
http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-HIGHLIGHTS-Nude-rugby-takes-place-in-Dunedin-ahead-of-Bledisloe-Cup-Test/tabid/415/articleID/317956/Default.aspx#.UoKBenCsiSr
-
My tyrannical tenure has come to a close. I have retired once again, this time as admin/moderator of this site, effective 1 April. It has been planned for a few months. I've had a wonderful 8 years and 8 months working with Oz to develop and moderate this site. He has been a wonderful partner in this endeavor, I could not have asked for better. However, I've been looking forward to cutting back on my commitments and responsibilities to others as I engage full retirement. That time has come. Oz has been a great friend since I first met him several years ago in Montreal. There never was a more friendly, generous, supporting, interesting, and fun man that I've met.…
- 26 replies
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-
Created by the team that gave us "Are you being served?," "It ain't half hot mum" was a BBC comedy from the early/mid 70's with a stronger gay theme than the department store comedy, which followed a few years later. It's not shown anymore, as it's deemed offensive to some people. It was set in India during WWII and featured the antics of an army entertainment troupe. Here's two of the characters.
-
Loved the last episode of Game of Thrones. It was fabulous. I loved that little bastard dying. Now, who do you think did it?
-
- 3 replies
- 951 views
- 1 follower
-
-
And Usher. . .
- 4 replies
- 995 views
- 1 follower