The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
This 18 year old bi-sexual was kicked out of his house by his parents earlier this month http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/02/bisexual-teen-kicked-out_n_4182108.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices
- 4 replies
- 938 views
-
I am a former escort. Trust me, criminalising prostitution doesn't helpRhode Island and rural Nevada used to offer protections for adult sex workers. Now it's illegal in RI and more dangerous for all Matthew Lawrence theguardian.com, Sunday 3 November 2013 07.30 EST Today marks an interesting anniversary in Rhode Island. On 3 November 2009, Governor Donald Carcieri signed a bill criminalizing indoor prostitution and overturning a 29-year-old statute which allowed consenting adults to conduct sexual transactions for money behind closed doors. While some rural counties of Nevada allow brothels, Rhode Island laws were more liberal, with escorts working legally in ho…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
I thought this was funny. Thanks Townie for re-posting. . .
-
- 6 replies
- 766 views
-
-
- 8 replies
- 1.4k views
-
18 beautiful young Nepalese men contested for the title of Mr. Nepal as hundreds cheered for them. Although the pic was a JPEG image, it was banned by boytoy. My title to the thread was also changed when I tried to upload the now dangerous picture. But, upload it finally did. APF News reports: Biswo Raj Adhikari, a 24-year-old sociology student from Makwanpur district near the capital was crowned "Mr. Handsome" and said he was thrilled to win the title. "My family and friends will be proud of me as I will be able to inspire other gays who hesitate to come out openly," he told AFP. Parents and well-wishers of the contestants thronged the event organised by leading LGB…
-
- 1 reply
- 739 views
-
-
Hi Guys I was wondering if I could get you make your first post on the forums. Pick any topic that interests you, and tell us what you think. OR, you could respond to this post, and let us know how the board looks from a lurker's perspective. I am sure we'd be glad to have you participate. I know I would. xxl, I forgot to include you, and I am so sorry. Let us hear from you too.
- 18 replies
- 1.8k views
-
People talk about boycotting businesses that are not gay friendly. Chick-fil-a being one of the most famous (or infamous).. But their chicken sandwiches are really tasty... Today is the premiere of Ender's Game. The blockbuster movie was written by a very anti-gay author. Will you see Ender's game? Do you eat at Chick-fil-a? How staunch are you on supporting anti-gay boycotts?
- 16 replies
- 1.6k views
-
Dont we do death notices around here anymore? RIP Lou Reed who had the stonewall courage to sing about our people way back then and created one of the most amazing songs in doing so. I wish I could say I came up with this line but our rockers arent built to last and so true too. so many so dead so soon. and a really really really special live performance of Sweet Jane with Metallica looks like maybe from 2 years ago.
-
- 2 replies
- 875 views
-
-
Are you listening to this awesome song? Does it make you want to do horse? Anyway, So many missing and broken and empty plastic hearts. The world would be happier place if we had more plastic hearts in this connected era. Do you think it will rain tomorrow? We need more rain and ice here. There are two guys staring at me as I write this post kind of creepy and nice at the same time, huh? So the guys from Pawn Stars are on tour, for real ... WTF do they do? It kind of makes me curious enough to go see them , but back in fish land though beautiful Cuban boys to play with. I m sure from your posts many of you have already played with my toys first. Don't be scared off of …
-
You don't have Free Reign to assault our senses Gurlfriend. It's Been DONE. Put your shit AWAY ! (Tell Him, hito !)
- 4 replies
- 981 views
-
http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/01/smallbusiness/sex-workers-obamacare/index.html
-
- 1 reply
- 720 views
-
-
I am going nuts as I was sure I had read this here first, but I don't find it. The NY Daily News, among others, is reporting that former Full House TV cast member Blake McIver is now a studly muscled go-go dancer. I have no memory of him, but I would like to meet him. He could double date with Justin Bieber. He is openly gay though, unlike Justin. The News Report, and one more pic: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/blake-mciver-full-house-star-reveals-go-go-dancer-article-1.1501352
-
- 9 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
-
Parking this here, as there is no forum for general-interest cinema. Happy All Hallow's! 'Here's Johnny!': The Shining scene is scariest in movie history, claims studySeminal Jack Nicholson scene voted most frightening, but The Exorcist and A Nightmare on Elm Street have the edge overall Ben Child theguardian.com, Thursday 31 October 2013 09.37 EDT Jump to comments (149) Death's door … Jack Nicholson in The Shining. A study suggests the 'Here's Johnny' scene is the scariest in cinematic history. Photograph: Ronald Grant Archive The "Here's Johnny" scene from Stanley Kubrick's The Shining is officially the scariest movie moment of all time, according to a new s…
-
For those among us who thought Livia, Caligula, of course Claudius, et al. were the best thing Alistair Cooke ever said grace over, here a nice episode summary to reminisce through. With reader talkback! http://www.toonzone.net/forums/entertainment-board/200542-i-claudius-30th-anniversary-talkback-spoilers.html#.UnK5iT29K0c
- 2 replies
- 783 views
-
Just normal prurient press prying into his life, so I put it here instead of in the Politics mausoleum... Here's A Very Interesting Picture Of Edward Snowden On A Boat In RussiaBy Michael Kelley | Business Insider – 4 hours ago Life News A new photo of Edward Snowden shows him on a boat in Moscow with the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour in the background. The scene was published by LifeNews, which published a photo of the former NSA contractor grocery shopping earlier this month. The scene is fascinating given the quizzical look on the 30-year-old's face, which raises the question of who took the photo and what his mindset is. It appears that Sarah Harrison, a …
-
- 0 replies
- 805 views
-
-
http://www.bringyourchallenges.com/ill-do-it-later?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=wall_post&utm_campaign=Q3#procrastination-calculator
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
The Simpsons and Their Mathematical Secrets By Simon Singh at 1:29 pm Wed, Oct 30, 2013 Boing Boing The Simpsons is arguably the most successful television show in history. Inevitably, its global appeal and enduring popularity have prompted academics (who tend to overanalyze everything) to identify the subtext of the series and to ask some profound questions. What are the hidden meanings of Homer's utterances about doughnuts and Duff beer? Do the spats between Bart and Lisa symbolize something beyond mere sibling bickering? Are the writers of The Simpsons using the residents of Springfield to explore political or social controversies? One group of intellectuals author…
-
- 0 replies
- 694 views
-
-
One of the things I have enjoyed in the past are the discussions between various members of topics that carry a little more weight than some of our more light-hearted topics. Sadly, we see fewer of these. I think one reason is that there are members who simply don't want to get serious, which is fine. But sometimes they express that by participating in the thread without any real contribution other than to sabotage it. So, I would ask anyone who does not want to participate if they would refrain from doing so, My question is this: Does commitment mean anything anymore? So often commitment has meaning in the abstract, or when it is easy. But, when the going gets tough, pe…
- 20 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
These three boys were put together by Simon Cowell for the US X factor and tonight they did a great country version of Katy Perry's "Roar". They are the group to be beat this year. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16kz5m_restless-road-top-16-the-x-factor-usa-2013_music
- 2 replies
- 761 views
- 1 follower
-
I saw this picture someone used on Facebook as their cover photo and I immediately thought of you.
- 10 replies
- 1.2k views
-
Oh my Suckrates.. I didn't know you were born in October when everything is so beautiful. Happy Birthday!!! and many many more happy years to come..
- 7 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Back in the day, even then having the chance to dot the "i" was tough to achieve. And now, most likely, the Art Schlichter option, a hell of a lot easier now I would assume. Lots of practice in prison, after all. Here's something cute by the band who makes the person who gets to dot the "i" one of the luckiest folks in Ohio. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNe0ZUD19EE
-
- 0 replies
- 686 views
-
-
I can't believe a major clothing company hired Chris Crocker as the new model for American Apparel. I guess their HR didn't Google his name. . .
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views