Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Doctor Who: the rediscovered William Hartnell interviewA 1967 TV interview with the actor who played the first Doctor, previously thought lost, has resurfaced. What does it reveal about the show's history? William Hartnell in 1966, shortly before he stood down as Doctor Who. Photograph: REX/Jon Lyons Lost for over four decades, a newly rediscovered filmed interview with the original star of the BBC's Doctor Who series is set to shed new light on the early years of the show. William Hartnell played the first Doctor from the programme's inception in 1963 through to the start of its fourth season in 1966. In those days, the show regularly had up to 12 million view…

  2. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I can't believe whether this is true. Changing bed sheets just three times a year? More surprisingly people who think they are clean say that they only change bed sheets once a week! How often you guys change your bed sheets? I change mine every two days if I don't have sex on it. After sex I change my bed sheets the next day.. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2398721/Ugh-Single-men-change-bed-sheets-just-times-YEAR--thirds-guests-stay-time.html

  3. Started by Lucky,

    Now this post might seem to be about Rio de Janeiro, or Brazil, and thus in the wrong forum. But no, it's about humor, and thus in the proper forum. Just checking! The NY Times today has an interesting article about a comedy troupe, Porta de Fundos, in Rio which has politicians and church leaders fuming. One skit is about cutting embezzlement temporarily in the face of protests. But one funny one took on the numerous sightings of the Virgin Mother of Christ. This one is seen in a gynecologist's office, where the doctor saw the image of Jesus between her legs, leading to the poor woman caught in stirrups for hours while doctors, nurses, and devotees hold candlelight vigil…

    • 0 replies
    • 667 views
  4. Let no one say that out featherweight boxer Orlando Cruz isnt taking full advantage of the power of his social media presence. The Puerto Rican-born athlete has posted a tasteful nude photo on his Facebook page, according to Latin website ElNuevoDia. Were not sure of the reason for the photo, but were not prone to question anyones attempt to create art. Full story here: http://www.queerty.com/look-out-boxer-orlando-cruz-posts-nude-photo-on-facebook-20130831/#ixzz2dbgAJ38w

  5. Guest Anton
    Started by Guest Anton,

    The title already suggests it and it was hanging in the air for a while. I started a new job and I'm changing careers. After finishing a study that I picked up a bit more than a year ago it's time for a change. Some may wonder if I'm still seeing regular clients but to those I have to say I'm sorry as I'm not. The new job I now have and the service I provided before simply cannot be combined. Most of all I would like to thank all the wonderful clients I met the past years. They made it possible that I lived a life of freedom, independence and travel while visiting the best places in the world for over a decade. Meeting other colleagues, either for a drink, or for a prof…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. New Boyfriend Tracker App Nails Thousands Of Gay Cheaters In Brazil I love the idea behind this app. Cheating gay boyfriends across South America were outraged last week after learning about a new smartphone app that tracks their infidelities and discreetly reports back to their lovers. In other news, half of Rio is now single. The AP reports that tens of thousands of Brazilians downloaded the Boyfriend Tracker app from the Google Play app store before it was discontinued following customer complaints last week. According to reports, the app would send location information, duplicated text messages and even internet history to a person that had stealthily installe…

  7. Started by Lucky,

    The Washington Post only allows me to read so many articles a month, so I read that all you have to do to get around that is remove their cookie. That brought me to look at my cookies, and again I am just amazed at how sites that I visited for as little as a few seconds put tracking cookies on my computer. So I removed a bunch of them, especially if they had the word "ad" in them. But I usually go too far and remove cookies I want or need. So I wondered if someone here who knows these things could tell us just why cookies are attached to computers that have just dropped in. Do they really then follow us around the internet, watching what we do? isn't that usually non-pro…

    • 0 replies
    • 730 views
  8. Started by kokopelli,

    This post was triggered (pun on Roy Roger's horse) by Founthainhall's post on Some Model Photos which questioned the movie, The Lone Ranger. Actually the Lone Ranger was very funny and filled with action. And yes, the William Tell Overture was played and an excellent rendition with great action scenes. But, if not a Lone Ranger fan, from those thrilling days of yesteryear, when from out of the past come the thundering hoofbeats of the great horse Silver , you might be lost by the story and the music. A really neat opening and closing scene. Best to view this movie with the right attitude and be prepared for some fun. In a way, like The Rocky Horror Picture Sho…

    • 15 replies
    • 4.6k views
  9. Started by boiworship,

    Wouldn't it be marvelous to have a get-together in Palm Springs early next year with some of the regular posters? I'd love to meet everyone.

  10. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.logotv.com/video/misc/951301/weeklings-one-direction.jhtml Very funny

    • 4 replies
    • 1.9k views
  11. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I saw these on Facebook and thought Oz might want them for Halloween.

  12. n an interview with the New York Times Adam Liptak, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg offered a grim assessment of the Court where she so often finds herself leading a four justice dissent the Roberts Court is one of the most activist courts in history. As an historic matter, this is a pretty staggering claim. The Supreme Court in 1905 handed down a decision called Lochner v. New York that is now widely taught in American law schools as an example of how judges should never, ever behave. Lochner treated any law improving workplace conditions or helping workers to obtain an adequate wage as constitutionally suspect. And Lochner was hardly an anomalous moment in the Courts his…

  13. Started by TotallyOz,

    Well, I am not offering but I am curious to see what will happen in many states now that the federal government has decided to let states decide what is best for the laws inside those states when it comes to Marijuana. I was happy that the AG said they would let Washington and Colorado make their own laws and not interfere. Can't wait to see what happens based on this new policy. Personally, I love weed to relax me to sleep. But, I smoke it only in California from time to time. I hate alcohol and have never been drunk once my entire life. I would love to see the legalization of MJ across the land.

  14. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I'm having a bout of insomnia tonight, so I decided to look at my Facebook page and my friend posted this selfie. Sometimes insomnia can bring some nice things. . . .

    • 3 replies
    • 728 views
  15. Started by Suckrates,

    Madonnas WHITE biological baby wants to be a rapper, and it helps when you have a rich, powerful mom to support your whims. Madonnas 13 year old son Rocco has formed a rap-duo with his best buddy. The duo even has a rap name, which is: Modoccor– which is their names spelled backwards (rocco and Dominic)– and they combine rapping with street dance, gymnastics and break dancing. The pair are virtually inseparable (Hmmmmm?) and have recorded six demo tracks to send to record bosses. Madonna is obviously helping them. Dom and Rocco are totally serious about it though and continually document their time in the studio." You never know - it could be a phase, but perhaps …

    • 2 replies
    • 847 views
  16. Such a great story and so true that about a man who sacrificed so much to be open and out and pave the way for so many after him. http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2013/08/29/op-ed-what-happened-when-i-met-dave-kopay

  17. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I wish you a happy birthday and many many more to come!

  18. Started by Suckrates,

    She's such an inspiration ! http://24.media.tumblr.com/8797dca47e096e609a6b0532bce1f09d/tumblr_mlq6xiVpjI1raewu0o1_500.jpg http://24.media.tumblr.com/3ccfb1f07db3cc1cdeeec54e4594ce1e/tumblr_mkuz1hTzKa1rf35tso1_500.jpg http://31.media.tumblr.com/91316d68031293020acf68e9c20d8309/tumblr_miqxt0r35n1rgl1pao1_400.jpg

  19. I loved the first quote at the bottom of this article! It is sad to see how such hatred and bigotry can really be around today. http://www.advocate.com/news/world-news/2013/08/28/russia-raids-gay-peoples-homes

  20. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

  21. Started by Suckrates,

    We are about a week away from the announcement of the New cast for 2013-2014 Season of Dancing with the Stars, and several leaks have already come forward: Leah Rimini (King of Queens), Amber Riley (Glee) , Snooki, and Jack Osbourne (Ozzys son) and Corbin Bleu (High School Musical)... Biggest surprise: Valerie Harper (Rhoda)... Isnt she at Deaths Door ???? Jenny McCarthy has also been rumored..... Who would you like to See ?

    • 4 replies
    • 807 views
  22. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I'm not sure what I and my hubby are going to do with some savings we get from this.. Instead of buy more shoes I want to spend it well.. Ah it's going to be good to be married.. http://news.yahoo.com/treasury-grants-wide-tax-recognition-same-sex-couples-182041850.html

  23. WASHINGTON (Reuters) - All legally wed gay couples, no matter which state they live in, are entitled to the same U.S. federal tax benefits as married heterosexual couples, the Obama administration said on Thursday. The U.S. Treasury ruling, following a landmark Supreme Court decision in June, means that whether a married gay couple lives in New York, which recognizes gay marriage, or Oklahoma, which does not, federal tax benefits and responsibilities apply. The Supreme Court on June 26 invalidated a key portion of a 1996 federal law, known as the Defense of Marriage Act, which had defined marriage as between a man and a woman. There was some uncertainty aft…

  24. I will not even get a royalty. Rare first edition of Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nations goes on saleCopy of book dating from 1776 is expected to fetch £50,000 at auction in Edinburgh Press Association The Guardian, Thursday 29 August 2013 13.37 EDT Simon Vickers, a book specialist at Lyon & Turnbull, with the edition of Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nations. Photograph: David Cheskin/PA A rare first edition copy of Adam Smith's work The Wealth of Nations, which has been valued at up to £50,000, is to be sold at auction. First published in 1776, the book by the Scottish economist and philosopher is one of the world's first assessments of what creates wealth …

    • 2 replies
    • 948 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.