The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
What do you think? Do you think Anna was a bit judgmental? http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/anna-wintour-cancels-miley-cyrus-vogue-cover-vmas-174400101.html
-
- 1 reply
- 561 views
-
-
I wish he were gay too.. He is so dreamy.. http://music.yahoo.com/news/james-franco-doesnt-care-people-think-hes-gay-110706977.html
-
- 2 replies
- 738 views
-
-
-
I went to my first big gay wedding today in New York City. It was held in a penthouse on the upper east side. It was very beautiful and very different. I really abhor straight weddings. I always have. So my fear was that they would duplicate straight traditions. But they didn't. It was a close knit group of 40 people and it was so tastefully done with a great message and great vows. I'm so happy for the couple. They have been together 18 years this week and it's nice they decided to top off their relationship by getting married. Of course I used to live in NYC and at the wedding were five other guys I had slept with over the last 20 years. And one of them was…
-
- 15 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
There’s another pilot inspired by The Wizard of Oz in the works, according to Deadline. The CW is developing a drama based on the upcoming novel Dorothy Must Die, which sees a modern-day girl from Kansas arrive in an Oz, which is now a totalitarian state ruled by Dorothy Gale. I have to admit, I like that a lot better than the other ideas.
-
I knew the fella was shady but wow! And talk about rotten timing http://vegas.eater.com/archives/2013/09/03/krave-massive-sock-shutter-kelly-murphys-shady-past-now-in-the-spotlight.php
-
- 2 replies
- 967 views
-
-
I hope he will be ok.. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/gabriel-agbonlahor-knocks-one-direction-singer-stiliyan-petrov-174334173--sow.html
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
I used the expression 'Johnny Foreigner' in the 'Tourist Court in Pattaya' thread in the main forum. It just came into my head, then afterwards out of curiosity I thought I'd find out more about what it means. I was shocked to come across this: Here, for those with a strong constitution, is an excerpt: "Johnny Foreigner invaded Poland in 1939, starting the Second World War. He did this because the Polish man took his towel off the sun lounger by the pool, which was totally unacceptable and "as everyone knows leaving your towel on a seat means you have reserved it". Johnny Foreigner was only defeated after five years of bloody war, thanks mostly to the stiff uppe…
-
- 1 reply
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The BBC has put out the first trailer for their upcoming series Atlantis, where we meet a young hero named Jason. I love shows like this, and will watch, but what struck me about this trailer was that while the lead is undeniably hot, if this were a U.S. production, there would have been three months of training to get him huge, ripped, with a six pack you could do laundry on. I’m kind of inclined to prefer this approach.
-
- 2 replies
- 852 views
-
-
Toyko is the host for the 2020 summer games. I hope it will brighten up the country and bring hopes to people depressed and beaten down from the devastating tsunami. http://news.yahoo.com/photos/125th-ioc-session-buenos-aires-20130908-005135-148--spt.html
- 2 replies
- 784 views
-
After months of middle-aged women speculating and debating who should bring "50 Shades of Grey" and its hard core sex scenes to life, we finally have the answer: Charlie Hunnam and Dakota Johnson. Author E.L. James tweeted the news Monday -- the bondage/sex freak role of Christian Grey went to 33-year-old Hunnam -- best known for his role on "Sons of Anarchy".
-
Park & Ronen is a menswear brand that is known mainly for their swimwear line, and they take us into the casting process for models for their runway show, and let us hear from the perspective of the designers and the models.
-
Today we welcome the listings for both Gay Berlin and Gay Belo Horizonte! Amazing cities. Take a look: Take a look at the article for Gay Berlin here: http://gayberlin.boytoy.com/ And, take a look at the listings for Gay Berlin here: http://www.boytoy.com/forums/index.php?/forum/159-gay-berlin/ Take a look at the article for Gay Belo Horizonte here: http://gaybelohorizonte.boytoy.com/ And, take a look at the listings for Gay Belo Horizonte here: http://www.boytoy.com/forums/index.php?/forum/265-gay-belo-horizonte/
-
- 2 replies
- 789 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've been invited to a screening of this movie in NYC on Sept 7 at 7PM and I will be going. To avoid an X rating, 40 minutes of footage was cut from William Friedkin’s controversial 1980 S&M thriller Cruising. In a provocative re-imagining of this censored material, directors Travis Mathews (I Want Your Love) and James Franco create an explicit and steamy nonfiction film-within-a-film about gay sex and masculinity. As the straight lead, Val, prepares to assume the Al Pacino position, he is forced to confront his own sexual boundaries and discomforts, which flare as he pushes deeper into this iconic gay interior. The film had its world premiere at the 2013 Sundance Fi…
-
http://m.moviemistakes.com/film2663
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
-
The event of the season may just be a funeral. Jose Sarria, known by many as the Rosa Parks of the gay rights movement and Empress Jose I, passed away last month at the age of 90 and has left an elaborate agenda for his funeral service at San Francisco's Grace Cathedral on Friday. Female titleholders from his Imperial Court--the gay organization and charity he started in 1965--are requested to wear "black/dark full length (understated) mourning attire, crowns, shoulder length veils covering both crowns and ones face" along with "black gloves (opera length if wearing short sleeves)." Males titleholders are "respectfully requested to wear dark suits, crowns and white …
-
- 0 replies
- 727 views
- 1 follower
-
-
The long awaited announcement of Casting for the uber-popular S&M novel is here... The author revealed that Charlie Hunnam, Star of Cable TV's Son's of Anarchy has nabbed the lead of Chrisitan Grey, while newcomer Dakota Johnson, daughter of Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith gets to play his girl in Bondage. Maybe its just me, but I thought this adaptation needed some BIGGER names ? I don't find the male lead SEXY enough for THIS role. Guess we shall see ?
-
- 11 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Anyone ever started a sexual relationship with their best friend? About 3 months ago this started with me and normally happens a few times a month. He is in a 10 year relationship but his partner has basically shut down emotionally. Haven’t had sex in 4 months and they pretty much just living together. He broke up with him back in January but the guy cried and said how much he needed him and they got back together. The change only lasted about 6 to 8 weeks. His partner is primarily the bread winner. provides a good home but isn't providing the emotional needs. He feels that’s the difference between the partner and I. He provides one thing I provide the other. For me thing…
- 21 replies
- 2.5k views
-
No particular topicality; just chanced across this, and was charmed. The writer must have had a passion for the show, for Frid and for the other actors, for she gets every nuance exactly right. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/20/arts/television/jonathan-frid-ghoulish-dark-shadows-star-dies-at-87.html?_r=0
-
One of my favorite cities in the world is Barcelona. I haven't been in a few years but plan on getting back in 2014. Check out our article: http://gaybarcelona.boytoy.com/ And, check out our new forum for gay guide listings to this great city: http://www.boytoy.com/forums/index.php?/forum/158-gay-barcelona/ As always, we would love input, suggestions, new places to list, etc. Thanks for being a member of boytoy!
- 6 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
3 Times a week I peruse the reviews on Daddy's to see if perhaps I've missed something good. Today I look and find a typo ridden "I've arrived" post from Daddy in Las Vegas. He really has hit a new low: This week I took Ace and Peter Hung to see Penn & Teller who are known as the "Bad Boys of Magic." I very much enjoyed watching Ace our P&T virgin gasp a few times when the bad boys proved that they have not lost their touch. I first watch the show in 1984 on Westwood blvd. before they rose to frame. They still have a meet and greet after the show and don't leave until they meet everybody (I was last in line so that I could have a minute or two with Teller). O…
- 62 replies
- 8.4k views
- 1 follower
-
Boy Comes Out On Facebook, and his Mother writes an incredible letter of support.
-
-
Tonight’s one-hour summer finale of "Hot In Cleveland" on TVLand starts with a long-awaited Mary Tyler Moore Show reunion as Elka (Betty White) and Mamie Sue (Georgia Engel) get their old bowling team (Mary Tyler Moore, Valerie Harper and Cloris Leachman) to open that bottle of wine they swore they’d open together in fifty years. Jesse Tyler Ferguson also appears as a director Victoria hopes to work with. After all that, the summer finale sees Victoria finally get married while Joy runs into her ex.
-
It's the number one in the box office. Will it beat my Justin Bieber's record of 98 million dollars (Justin Bieber: Never say never) ? Let's see. http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/one-direction-this-is-us/trailers/