Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    • 0 replies
    • 631 views
  2. Started by Suckrates,

    OK, maybe this should have been in Random thoughts, but its confusing enuf to warrant its Own thread. Does anyone know WTF Robin Thicke is singing about in his Blockbuster summer hit "Blurred Lines" ? YES, it has a sexy video, is being played all over the place, but I cant figure out what the hell he is saying, except for "Hey, hey, hey....! I even caught his performance on Americas Got Talent, and YES he's got talent, but I still couldnt understand the song..... I feel so left out......Someone please help me understand THIS song !

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. Guest EXPAT

    Interesting but effective marketing tool Amazon announced today. http://mashable.com/2013/09/03/kindle-matchbook/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

    • 4 replies
    • 769 views
  4. Started by TampaYankee,

    HIV Vaccine: Western University Researchers Report Success In Trials The Huffington Post Canada | Posted: 09/04/2013 10:00 am EDT | Updated: 09/04/2013 11:12 am EDT A vaccine to prevent HIV has aced clinical testing, according to Canadian researchers. The team, from the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry at Western University, says the first phase of testing not only succeeded, but boosted the production of antibodies in patients it was tested on. SAV001, one of only a handful of HIV vaccines in the world, is based on a genetically-modified 'dead' version of the virus. “We infect the cells with a genetically modified HIV-1,” team leader Dr. Chil-Yong K…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Started by AdamSmith,

    So on my desk, under a glass dome, I have a small chunk of Trinitite, the green glassy fused sand created from the Alamogordo desert floor in the 'Trinity' test firing of the plutonium bomb. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinitite Behind it is a photo of the aircraft Enola Gay, autographed by pilot Paul Tibbets, navigator 'Dutch' van Kirk, and bombardier Thomas Ferebee. (Not especially valuable -- they signed many of them.) Who else likes this kind of memorabilia, and collects it?

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  6. Started by TotallyOz,

    We have many new business listings for Gay Auckland. Take a look! http://www.boytoy.com/forums/index.php?/forum/264-gay-auckland/ Also, check out our article with photos here: http://gayauckland.boytoy.com/

  7. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I guess even royalty couldn't escape getting infected with parasites due to lack of sanitation in the old days. About 820 million are infected with roundworm in the world according to the source in the article, that's slightly more than 10%. http://news.yahoo.com/hunchback-king-richard-iii-infected-worms-011520753.html

    • 2 replies
    • 703 views
  8. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I have a problem called water hammering in my pipes at home and try to identify the source. Have you guys had experience with this? I have to find the sources of loose pipe leaks in my basement and crawl spaces so I'm afraid some bugs or rodents will attack me and ruin my shoes. They say seal the leak with plumber's tape but what happens if I can't reach the leak? If you guys don't hear from me for awhile consider something has happened to me. Where is my hubby for this kind of work!!!

  9. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Remember Nick Gruber who was the boytoy of Calvin Klein? He's been spotted all over West Hollywood lately. I wonder if he is "working it here" or just looking for a new sugar daddy. . . I bet he ends up in the next Andrew Christian underwear video. . .

  10. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    Once upon a time in America there were bars were a Gentleman with a few extra dollars in his pocket could meet up with a Gentleman who was looking to earn a few extra dollars. Some of the most well known of these bars were Numbers in West Hollywood, the P.S. in San Francisco, Rounds and The Haymarket in New York but most cities of decent size had at least one such establishment. Here is a fantasy of such long gone places. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e6pDJJFO98

    • 2 replies
    • 867 views
  11. Started by Rogie,

    An interesting and wide-ranging discussion on the main forum started off about the terrible fate awaiting stray dogs in Thailand and went on to consider many other instances of cruelty to animals in particular those bred for their meat, together with the pitfalls of factory farming such as overuse of antibiotics. http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/8918-smugglers-drive-thailands-grim-trade-in-dog-meat/ Some people are persuaded to stop eating meat once they are made aware of how some animals are cruelly mistreated, but many meat-eaters turn a blind eye to horrific scenes of animal cruelty, perhaps thinking - like me - such cases are the exception rather than the rul…

  12. Started by Lucky,

    Eric Bana is gorgeous in this movie, where he stars with Rebecca Hall in a legal thriller about defending a terrorist in the post 9-11 age. Reviews are mixed, and it is definitely flawed as well as fatalistic. I would recommend it for the small screen, but I did enjoy it and thought most of it was well done. It's unsettling, and that may account for some of the less stellar reviews, but it does raise important questions and was easy on the eyes with Eric Bana as well as the London scenery. Slate: "But there are enough genuine moments of surprise to make this genre exercise an invigorating one." NY Times: "“Closed Circuit,” a slick, tasty slice of late-summer nonsense fr…

  13. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    She is remarkable. http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-77248744/

  14. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This is hilarious. . .but don't drag and drive. . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEz9HvbpiCI

  15. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    i watched a recent episode online and am a bit hooked. problem is to see previous episodes its ppv at amazon like 2.00 a show. anyone watching is it worth it?

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  16. Started by Suckrates,

    For those of you who haven't had enough of Miley Cyrus and her tongue yet, here is your Daily Miley.... Maybe she is just related to that breed of dog that CANT keep her tongue in her mouth, or just maybe her Tongue is TOO BIG for her mouth??? We need to be a bit more understanding.

    • 3 replies
    • 800 views
  17. If you want to tear up watch what happens when this little guy misses out on a souvenir ball. It's fun to listen to the announcers too. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/upset-kid-diamondbacks-game-gets-souvenir-ball-165043174--mlb.html

    • 0 replies
    • 832 views
  18. Started by TotallyOz,

    We have been working hard on new code that allows the site to be easily viewed in Ipads and Iphones, etc. It also has a new look and feel. My designer has been having a lot of fun with the site and showed me some new stuff today and I loved it. I can't wait to share with you. I am told that by the end of this month, you will be seeing many changes to the front end of the site. The forums will stay the same. Functionality will stay the same. Reviews will be the same. It is the look that is changing. I hope for the better! But, as always, I am optimistic.

  19. Started by Suckrates,

    Well, the fast food chains are really upping their game in the competition for customers. Mickey D's will be introducing CHICKEN WINGS, and Burger King is giving us a French Fry Burger... Both sound totally edible and enticing. Are you Drooling yet ?

    • 17 replies
    • 3.8k views
  20. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

  21. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    From Glee and the upcoming Riddick. . .

  22. Started by TotallyOz,

    Walmart is the largest employer in the USA (except the Federal govt). They have stated that starting in 2014 that domestic partners will be covered. Nice. http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/27/news/companies/walmart-same-sex-benefits/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

  23. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Lance Bass is engaged to his boyfriend of a year and a half, Michael Turchin! “He said YES!! Love this man,” the 34-year-old ‘N Sync singer wrote on his Instagram account. Lance proposed to his man with a black diamond band while they were in New Orleans together over the weekend. He even texted Michael‘s parents for their permission first, according to Us Weekly. “They’re such a great couple, everyone is so happy for them,” a source told the mag. “Their friends and family are thrilled.” “Happiest guy in the world ” Michael hinted at the engagement with his tweet over the weekend. Some photos of Lance & Michael:

    • 11 replies
    • 2.1k views
  24. Started by TotallyOz,

    There are many types of relationships and many people have found things that work for them. But, to many of us, we have been told that you should stick to one partner and never sway. This is what I wanted when I came out and had my first boyfriend. The older I have gotten, the more need I see for open honest relationships at least for me. It won't work for all. My two Thai boyfriends both have significant others they see from time to time when I am here and then they live with them when I am away. I am honestly 100% OK with that. I have friends that tell me that they have relationships where they take holidays apart and don't discuss what happens and they have been …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.