Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by TampaYankee,

    ... sort of.

  2. Started by TotallyOz,

    Did anyone else watch this? I thought the show was fun to watch but I didn't agree with any of the decisions that Bear made. And, then he chose a couple at the end to win that would not have gotten out alive. The concept was great. The delivery was horrible.

  3. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This very brief reunion blew up Twitter and Facebook tonight. There is a lot of pent up demand for this group. Although I have to say that it was not in good form to show One Direction how much weight they will gain in 15 years. . .

    • 13 replies
    • 1k views
  4. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    The CW New Fall Schedule: MONDAYS 8 p.m. "Hart of Dixie" 9 p.m. "Beauty and the Beast" TUESDAYS 8 p.m. "The Originals"* 9 p.m. "Supernatural" WEDNESDAYS 8 p.m. "Arrow" 9 p.m. "The Tomorrow People"* THURSDAYS 8 p.m. "The Vampire Diaries" 9 p.m. "Reign"* FRIDAYS 8 p.m. "The Carrie Diaries" 9 p.m. "America's Next Top Model" The CBS Schedule: MONDAY 8:00-8:30 PM HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER 8:30-9:00 PM WE ARE MEN (New) 9:00-9:30 PM 2 BROKE GIRLS 9:30-10:00 PM MOM (New) 10:00-11:00 PM HOSTAGES (New)/INTELLIGENCE (Mid-Season) (New) TUESDAY 8:00-9:00 PM NCIS 9:00-10:00 PM NCIS: LOS ANGELES 10:00-11:00 PM PERSON OF INTEREST (New Time) WEDNESDAY 8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR 9:00…

    • 15 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Whilst most of the gay forums have threads about how much to tip bar boys, the more general business of to-tip-or-not-to-tip has come up again in a long article on the BBC website. It provides a list of the tips commonly given for a variety of services in New York – * Sitdown meal: 15-20% * Buffet meal: 10% * Home delivery: 10-15% * Bartender: $1-2 a drink * Toilet attendant: 50c-$3 * Valet: $2-5 * Doorman: $1-4 for luggage, $1-2 for hailing a cab (add a $1 in the rain) * Hotel housekeeper: $2-5 a day * Taxi: 15-20% * Hair/Facial/Massage/Manicure: 15-20% Inevitably, though, tourists are often confused about who to tip and how much to tip – and even in some cases, especi…

  6. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    It's a very interesting book and you can see a partial view of how things are run in Washington. After all Leibovich can't cross anyone if he wants to keep doing what he is doing so he restrains himself, I believe and that helps his book in the end. He depicts Tim Russert's funeral in a very unique point of view. If you don't have time you can just read the prologue at your local book store and it should be enough. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/19/book-review-this-town/

    • 2 replies
    • 634 views
  7. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    A state-by-state map of America's filthy porn searches: http://gizmo.do/eYmMf6H

    • 5 replies
    • 836 views
  8. Guest lurkerspeaks

    http://www.towleroad.com/2013/08/demi-lovato-to-play-santanas-love-interest-on-glee-video.html

    • 1 reply
    • 562 views
  9. Started by Suckrates,

    Yup, its HIM, our friend Perez, back yet again to assault our senses, this time in a form fitting, body Baring Spandex costume. OK, so we will Buy that you Fancy yourself a Celebrity, but actually are famous, or more appropriately INFAMOUS for nothing more than talking shit about other people, which is one step MORE than the Kardashians are famous for. And we know you get invited to Fabulous, exclusive events, and receive lots of Expensive "Swag" because there are some people out there, mainly other Celebrities that want you to mention their names, because a Diss from Perez is a Golden publicity ticket. But the One thing that you can NEVER force-feed us to buy is the…

  10. Study: Americans Enjoy Watching TV, Eating News in Brief • Science & Technology • ISSUE 49•35 • Aug 26, 2013 WASHINGTON—According to a new study published Monday by the Pew Research Center, Americans enjoy watching television and eating. “Our research indicates that residents of the United States take great pleasure in watching television, often for many hours at once, and enjoy eating food in large quantities, preferably several or more times per day,” lead author Dr. Richard Cowell said of the study, which follows an earlier report that concluded the nation greatly prefers sitting to standing. “Our findings also suggest Americans enjoy watching televisio…

    • 3 replies
    • 680 views
  11. Just finished and put up a few new City Guide Articles. I hope you like this one! http://gaypalmsprings.boytoy.com

  12. Interesting list. I didn't find citation for where they got their info. Anyone see a citation? http://skaught.likes.com/the-25-most-dangerous-cities-in-the-world

  13. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

  14. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    A transgender was beaten to death. I can't imagine how hard and viciously one has to be beaten to die. This is tragic and can't believe that this happens in NYC. I hope she rests in peace. http://news.yahoo.com/transgender-woman-dies-beating-front-nypd-precinct-201642369.html

    • 1 reply
    • 609 views
  15. Check out the list here and it includes a nice hotel in Bangkok! http://community.ihg.com/t5/Promotions/Point-Breaks/td-p/27691

  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This man needs a new record label and another hit record. His last record hit #1 on the Billboard's album chart. He needs a lot more attention than he is getting. ADAM LAMBERT

    • 3 replies
    • 847 views
  17. Started by Lucky,

    Well, I damn well hope not! It's not FRISCO! It's San Francisco. The battle to stop the use of Frisco has been going on since Herb Caen admonished in his column decades ago that you never call the city Frisco! But now it seems like the battle could be lost as Frisco is used a little more often by the ignorant. See following article: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/nativeson/article/Farewell-to-Frisco-say-hello-to-San-Fran-4759011.php

    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
  18. Started by t0oL1,

    http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/25/20185516-report-us-hacked-into-un-video-conferencing-spied-on-eu?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=2 Report: US hacked into UN video conferencing, spied on EU Carlo Allegri / Reuters file A taxi drives past the United Nations Building in New York, July 29, 2013. The main building has recently undergone a $1.8 billion dollar renovation. By Andrew Rafferty, Staff Writer, NBC News A German magazine reported Sunday that the National Security Agency secretly monitored the United Nation’s New York headquarters by hacking into the organization’s video conferencing system. The weekly Der Spiegel cited documents provided…

  19. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I get such a kick out of this couple. They are adorable and you just have to like them when you watch these commercials.

  20. Started by AdamSmith,

    I had no idea... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/10262202/LinkedIns-red-light-district.html

    • 0 replies
    • 712 views
  21. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Even though we have known this in LA for quite some time, I guess he finally came out officially. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/21/wentworth-miller-comes-out-gay_n_3792389.html?ir=TV

  22. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.2dayfm.com.au/shows/kyleandjackieo/video/ricky-martin-surprises-kyle-and-jackie-o/#ooid=41MTVkYzrqQApVoHIgcE8hpRMg1vm8Dk His new song is "Come With Me" -- I'd love to. . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QORaeaw8hNc

  23. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    I arranged for my flight back from London for arrival at SNA rather than LAX so that I could join up with some friends attending this years celebration on 10/5/2013 http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com/ I am looking forward to my first time being in the park with 1000+ other gay folks!

    • 1 reply
    • 789 views
  24. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    I will be attending Las Vegas Pride again this year. Las Vegas Pride is a little different in that it is a night time Parade and that it ends in a VERY public place (Fremont street) and then a very fun party follows. I remember attending my first LVP over 20 years ago. It was a very small event hidden from public view behind screens in Sunset Park. Times have certainly changed! Now the event has HUGE sponsorship from one of the major casino companies as well as others http://www.lasvegaspride.org/

  25. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I know that he will settle down and he will have a wonderful family someday. I think he is on the right track. I think his kids will be so cute.. I just can't wait to see them.. http://www.heatworld.com/Celeb-News/2013/08/Justin-Bieber-cant-wait-to-have-kids---but-reminds-fans-hes-more-than-just-a-sex-machine/

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.