Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by KYTOP,

    Being in my mid-50's now and having the blessing of being able to travel broadly from my late 30's until my early 50's, it may seem strange but I had never attended a Gay Pride Celebration. I even had a BF in Chicago during this time and never got to Chicago Gay Pride which has one of the largest Gay Pride parades in the world when we were together. Well that has finally changed this year. I was able to attend Chicago Gay Pride in June and attend the parade that had always been on my to do list. I must admit I did feel much pride as I noted the politicans, Local TV coverage and local celebraties in the parade. The major corporations (even Walmart) as sponsors or having f…

    • 5 replies
    • 989 views
  2. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Take a moment for a thought for the legacy of Matthew Shepard, who died 14 years ago today. What have we learned?

    • 2 replies
    • 737 views
  3. Started by Lucky,

    In the Daily News, that is. Today's NY Daily News had a couple of hot pictures: And, for some reason, they found space to repeat the Prince Harry photos!

    • 0 replies
    • 720 views
  4. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    Call me Phillip! Your picture looks very hot and you have very solid well-defined abs! gcursor

    • 1 reply
    • 469 views
  5. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Two recent revelations about people who were virtual icons have all but destroyed their reputations. Lance Armstrong never failed a drugs test, massively increased awareness of testicular cancer and raised hundreds of millions of dollars for cancer research. He has finally been branded a doper and a cheat with what now seems massive and insurmountable evidence. Jimmy Savile, an oddball unattractive pop radio presenter and manager of dance halls, rose to become one of the most loved figures in British television amongst children and adults alike. He also raised an estimated £40 million for various charities, especially children’s hospitals. This philanthropy gained him…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Saw this movie today. I definitely recommend it for anyone who enjoys the teen growing up movie like the old John Hughes movies of the 80's.. Great story.. great acting...

  7. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    "Hitchcock" is the latest project from Sacha Gervasi (writer, "The Terminal"), which tells the story of legendary director Alfred Hitchcock, played by Anthony Hopkins, his wife Alma (Helen Mirren) and the making of Psycho," maybe his best known feature film. The poster has been released (above, via EW) and is certainly a wonderful throwback to the posters for Hitchcock's biggest hits back in the day. But it doesn't exactly convey that much of the movie is actually a "love story" between Hitchcock and Alma, who were together 53 years. "I think Alma accepts Hitch for exactly who he is and knows his idiosyncrasies and his crazy predilections," Gervasi tells EW.…

    • 4 replies
    • 592 views
  8. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    An unemployed child minder in France was about to call her phone service provider to cancel her subscription when she received a bill for €11,721,000,000,000,000! http://www.guardian....ench-phone-bill How do you pay off 11.7 million billion Euros in installments? It’s 5,000 times the GDP of the country!

  9. Started by Lucky,

    Many of us have known people who got caught up in drugs, alcohol, sex, gambling, or any other behavior where it became compulsive for them. Addicts can cause those who care about them great pain. As much as we rejoice when an addict seeks help, as much as we want to support him, we are still treading dangerous waters. Many addicts seek help only as a means of keeping the trust of those who support them. They are not sincere. Soon their lies become transparent, and then, among the many tears, there are often promises to do better. Few addicts are capable of curing themselves. It is not enough for a drug addict to avoid drugs, or a sex addict to avoid the internet sites th…

  10. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    So in order to prepare myself to be a better wife to whoever it might be... I decided to improve my cooking skill. I am cooking curry and soup for dinner right now and waiting to see how it will taste. Two of my close confidants will taste my food in a couple of hours. If it works then I will take a picture and post it on here. I hope I don't have to eat everything on my own because it doesn't taste good... I hate throwing food away.

    • 13 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    Appeals court allows Samsung to sell Galaxy-Nexus! http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/appeals-court-decision-samsung-apple-case-allows-samsung-195832720.html?orig_host_hdr=news.yahoo.com&.intl=US&.lang=en-US

    • 0 replies
    • 472 views
  12. Started by MsGuy,

    Turns out the Soviets weren't the only guys editing their history back in the bad old days. Passages from Thomas Jefferson's private papers thrilling over his realization that the real profit in slavery was from keeping his female slaves breed regularly were deliberately edited out of the printed version published in the 50's and lay unnoticed in the archives until 2005. Scholars are just now piecing together how his attitude toward slavery changed once he figured out how much money he could make from breeding more slaves and how brutal life was for them on his plantations. Jefferson even refused a large inheritance from his friend Kosciusko because he specified it was …

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  13. Started by TotallyOz,

    Here is the word for this week: apostle PRONUNCIATION: (uh-POS-uhl) MEANING: noun: A strong supporter or pioneer of a policy, cause, or belief. USAGE: "Romney is the frontman and apostle of an economic revolution, in which transactions are manufactured instead of products, wealth is generated without accompanying prosperity, and Cayman Islands partnerships are lovingly erected and nurtured while American communities fall apart." Matt Taibbi; Greed and Debt: The True Story of Mitt Romney and Bain Capital; Rolling Stone (New York); Aug 29, 2012. ETYMOLOGY: From Greek apostolos (messenger). Earliest documented use: 950.

  14. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Ted 2 ??

  15. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    http://news.yahoo.co...-215330343.html

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com The Unofficial Gay Days at Disneyland runs October 5-7, and will feature stars from RuPaul's Drag Race, Michael Urie, Dot Marie Jones, Florence Henderson, Miss Coco Peru, and a screening of the new ABC series Nashville.

  17. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Will the boyscouts finally give way to the pressure and begin to accept gay scouts and leaders? Matthew Kimball walked away from the Boy Scouts in 2005. Since he was gay, Kimball knew that his sexual orientation would be at odds with the Boy Scouts of America’s policy banning gay Scouts and leaders. Kimball was both: an Eagle Scout and an assistant Scoutmaster. Kimball had not revealed his sexual orientation during his Scouting years. But he decided, like a number of other gay Scouts, that he could no longer stay publicly quiet about the organization’s membership policy after learning that Ryan Andresen, a teen from his own Troop 212 in Moraga, Calif., had been denied …

    • 1 reply
    • 596 views
  18. Guest thaiworthy
    Started by Guest thaiworthy,

    This is funny and could apply to a lot of people, not just devoted Apple computer owners: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple When you get through with that, here's another funny one about religion, which is not much different than Apple devotion. http://theoatmeal.com/comics/religion

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  19. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Would you wear these new shoes from Cole Haan - both reflective and waterproof wingtips. I think the bottom being pink doesn't quite work for me.

    • 1 reply
    • 484 views
  20. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This weekend was the Human Rights Campaign's National Dinner, an interminably long event I've sat through on more than one occasion. Sally Field was presented with the Ally for Equality Award, and was introduced by her son Sam Greisman (who happens to be a Towelroad intern). She's easily mom of the decade from the sound of it, and it's worth taking the 13 minutes to listen to the endearing introdution from Greisman as well as her speech, in which she drops an f-bomb to great effect.

  21. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    My wooden floor near outside the bathroom on the first floor is sinking and my basement ceiling is dripping water. Now for the guys here who are into home improvement.. Is this a pipe problem or my bathroom is not properly sealed somewhere? How can I locate the hole? I'm not sure who to hire to fix this problem either? Do I call a plumber? I need a husband for this kind if matter..

    • 9 replies
    • 971 views
  22. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    SO I have been taking a Princeton class on COURSERA. Hey, it's free and it's not like I will ever go to Princeton in my real life anyway. The course is called INTRO TO LOGIC. I'm starting to understand how to create the problems (similar to algebra equations) and then I made a REVOLUTIONARY breakthrough! NOW I can understand practically any logic problem just by tweaking them a little. Here's an example, I won't give you the BORING before ..just the exciting problem AFTER IF Tom loves having sex with Escort Dan, then Tom loves having sex with Escort Bill. IF it's Sunday & raining, then Tom loves having sex with Escort Dan or Escort Bill. IF it's Sunday & rainin…

    • 2 replies
    • 710 views
  23. Started by Suckrates,

    Although I missed the pilot episode of ABC's new show 666 Park ave, I caught it on Hulu and was very pleasantly surprised. If you like spooky Rosemarys Baby inspired horror, this show is your ticket. Starring Terry O'quinn from Lost and Vanessa Williams from Desperate Housewives, they play a married couple of Devil disciples who own this Luxury apt complex and are in control of the residents lives and cause all sorts of sinister chaos. The pilot held my attention, and gave good insight into how the show will play out, witholding a few tidbits to whet the appetite. I liked it and will tune in for more. 2 Thumbs up from me. :thumbsup: .

    • 1 reply
    • 690 views
  24. Started by TotallyOz,

    Does anyone have info in the kiss in tomorrow for CFA? I'd love to go and take a few photos. (unless someone here is willing to meet up and kiss)

  25. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    • 3 replies
    • 761 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.