Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I was a bit surprised when visiting MER, from the road, using my iPad to find out I could not access most of the site including the forums. OZ / TY its time to make the site or hopefully updated site iPad / iPhone friendly I hope I don't have to start a petition

  2. Guest Hoover42
    Started by Guest Hoover42,

    OK, I know this is going to sound absurdly naive, but it's a serious question: I notice that guys in porn videos and photos almost always stop smiling as soon as they get naked. I don't think that it's simply because their attention is diverted and so the smile dissappears for lack of focus, since sometimes they'll take on another expression instead. Maybe it's just videos I happen to watch, but this seems to happen so much that I assume it's just human nature; I'm not sure I understand the mechanism.

  3. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    I think I had a crush on about 80 of these fellas! It would have been a real kick in the nuts if the would have posted "and this is what they look like today"photos so glad they chose not to do this! http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjefferson/100-forgotten-heartthrobs-of-the-80s-and-90s

  4. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I wonder how he got in this position? (From a Conan segment I think)

    • 0 replies
    • 430 views
  5. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I'm sure we all get junk mail. Usually I just send it straight to the trash box. But recently I have noticed I have been getting unsolicited (as opposed to pure junk) mail from selected property developers in London. These are about specific properties and include lots of nice photos. They also come from an individual in the sales office, someone with a reply mail address. Up till now, I have clicked on the unsubscribe button and left it at that. Today I decided to play them at their own game. On a reply, I copied the original mail and photos about 20 times - so it became a very large file! I then sent it, and re-sent it - all about 100 times. If they want to flood my…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.7k views
  6. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    These are funny now but I'm sure effective way back when . . .

  7. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    As the worldwide Muslim protests over a moronic movie seem to be subsiding, America is indirectly being dragged into protests that have broken out over 14 barren rocks in the South China Sea. Called the Daioyu Islands by the Chinese and Senkaku by the Japanese, both countries claim sovereignty over them. The protests were triggered in April when Tokyo’s governor announced he’d use public funds to buy the islands and develop them, a potentially inflammatory move. To avert this, the Japanese government bought them last week. China claims it discovered and owned the islands from the 14th century till 1895, when Japan forcibly took control until the end of World War II. T…

    • 0 replies
    • 850 views
  8. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Entertainment Weekly has put a graph together of the riskiness of the new TV shows on whether they might last or not. I'm looking forward to Revolution (which debuted yesterday), Partners, Arrow, 666 Park Avenue, The New Normal (already aired two episodes), VEGAS and Nashville among others. http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/18/new-fall-shows-ratings/

    • 1 reply
    • 493 views
  9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mIC8Nw7LqI

  10. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Remember JTT from the old 90's sitcom "Home Improvement"? He was the cute middle son back then. There were rumors of him being gay, especially after he played a bisexual hooker in the movie "Speedway Junkie".. This is what he looked like back then..... He is now 30 years old.. and look at him now..

  11. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This is a stunning time lapsed video of one of my favorite Southwest sites. . .Joshua Tree National Park. https://vimeo.com/evosia/ascendance

    • 0 replies
    • 495 views
  12. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I can't say that I'm endorsing the Kickstarter of someone trying to sell cupcake recipes using hot shirtless men in suggestive poses, but I'm happy to provide you the men to stare at for a few minutes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtwJeEhhT7M

    • 0 replies
    • 531 views
  13. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Here are some previews of the new GLEE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tquvDavHKAw "in case you were wondering Rachel, I'm straight. . ." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkc77SBfLtU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV9fxKoufHw

  14. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    It's official, your new American Idol judges are Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson! Everyone gave a heartfelt toast about being on the show after we ate last night. They are going to see the first contestants today, Sunday, Sept 16.

    • 8 replies
    • 878 views
  15. Started by kokopelli,

    Has anyone seen any trikes in Thailand similar to the image posted here? In the US many of the older bikers are trading in their two wheels for three wheels; it seems that might be an alternative for me if I ever go for a motorized vehicle. Of course the bikers in the US are giving up 1000lb Harleys for an even larger Harley trike but it is easier to keep upright when stopped.

  16. Guest zipperzone
    Started by Guest zipperzone,

    The Taliban has made it known that they are intent on killing or kidnapping Prince Harry who has just started a 4 month tour of duty (his second) in Afghanistan. I think it is insanity to allow him to serve there. Not only could they outright kill him (which would probably be the lesser of 2 evils), but can you just imagine the torture he would be subjected to if he were to be captured? Nothing could convince me that his presence there is crucial to the peacekeeping effort. How this was allowed to happen completely escapes me!

  17. Started by AdamSmith,

    Rather than further corrupt an existing thread, thought I would continue my Steinian motion with a new post. Which deserves to be richly corrupted in turn. If you like this kind of thing, enjoy... (TMI: The book title "Tender Buttons" is widely understood to refer to Gertrude's and Alice's clitorises.) Gertrude Stein (1874–1946). Tender Buttons. 1914. FOOD ROASTBEEF; MUTTON; BREAKFAST; SUGAR; CRANBERRIES; MILK; EGGS; APPLE; TAILS; LUNCH; CUPS; RHUBARB; SINGLE; FISH; CAKE; CUSTARD; POTATOES; ASPARAGUS; BUTTER; END OF SUMMER; SAUSAGES; CELERY; VEAL; VEGETABLE; COOKING; CHICKEN; PASTRY; CREAM; CUCUMBER; DINNER; DINING; EATING; SALAD; SAUCE; SALMON; ORANGE; COCOA; AND…

    • 3 replies
    • 831 views
  18. Started by JKane,

    Pics have come out of Kate topless. - - The queen is said to be beside herself!

    • 4 replies
    • 904 views
  19. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    I have question for forum members and/or providers... On sites like masseurfinder.com, they list three types of massages, therapeutic, sensual, and erotic. What is the differences between the three? I understand that therapeutic is strictly "by the book" type massage, like you can get at massage envy.. but what differentiates sensual and erotic? Thanks for your input..

  20. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Just watched the pilot to Revolution which will premiere tonight, Monday, on ABC. You can also see it now on Hulu. Anyway wondering what those who saw it thought? It seems as if it has potential. I am interested to see what the next few episodes bring. For those whod don't know JJ Abrams has had several series all that kind of bombed except one so far .. a little series called LOST

    • 2 replies
    • 875 views
  21. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I have not watched SNL in several years. But caught the first 30 minutes last night .. and the opening was really funny. Check it out.

  22. Started by AdamSmith,

    I despise it almost as much as TV, but I do use it regularly: Facebook looks to have crashed. Can't log in thru any of my browsers. All other Web services are working, so not a local issue. Anybody else seeing this? ...After their IPO debacle, this is the last thing they need.

    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  23. Started by TotallyOz,

  24. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    The UK edition of X Factor has started already and this audition from this weekend stood out to me for some reason. . .

    • 3 replies
    • 596 views
  25. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    • 2 replies
    • 570 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.