The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
I hate to bring this up but there's about 76 days until the end of the world. You should be preparing your will as well as ensuring that somebody will be picking up your duties at work if the world does blow up. also remember that I will be selling END OF THE WORLD insurance for 20$ apiece. This policy states that if at least 95% of the world has been destroyed , you'll be able to recoup the money for your insured products (i.e. car, house, etc) Also in case the world does blow up then is there a contingency plan for the MER leadership? thanks, gc
-
- 4 replies
- 973 views
-
-
I never thought I'd live to see the day, but after decades on the air, The Price Is Right is hiring its first male model to point at prizes. WOW
-
- 12 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Big congrats to Good Morning America weather anchor Sam Champion, who has announced his engagement to now-fiance Rubem Robierb. Is this the first time he's publicly confirmed being gay?
-
Yes, another list – this time from Wall Street Journal’s Marketwatch. It really does not say things we do not already know, but sometimes it’s useful to have them reinforced. 1. “Don’t assume our prices are the lowest.” Airfare comparison sites like expedia and Orbitz now have 37% of the market. But they’ don’t necessarily get you the best fare or the lowest hotel rate. This is partly because some carriers won’t work with them, and they are unable to handle hotels' own guarantees and promotions – like “lowest price guaranteed” with reductions if you can find a better rate within a set period of time, or two nights for the price of three. As the VP and GM of expedi…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
-
-
This brief clip is just so fucking creepy. This kid needs some help now before he starts stalking or shooting up his school or whatever. Check Out The X Factor: Meet Patrick Ford, Britney's No. 1 Fan on Hulu. ( http://www.hulu.com/watch/401108 )
-
So what do you think of the new kids on GLEE? I like Puck's half brother. . .
-
Prince Harry was in Vegas recently and apparently didn't mind getting naked in front of lot of women. . . Not sure why they censored his butt. . .
-
I was watching International House Hunters a few nights ago (I know I am sooo gay). Anyway, they were in Chai Ming Thailand. I could not believe the cost of living ... it was surreal. One apartment right in the middle of all the action such as coffee shops bars and so on was $230. It was one bedroom, nice view, a little outdated but spacious and had a great balcony. Another was $400. in a newer highrise with two bedrooms and two baths. The layout was a little weird but a nice kitchen and view of the water. The third apartment was in an area called Palm Springs Further away from the action, gate guarded. A two floor, modern large house was $615. If I could afford the …
-
- 2 replies
- 646 views
- 1 follower
-
-
One year since we lost Steve Jobs. Apple's brief tribute to him. http://youtu.be/Jj0Qw8ipPLI
-
So IOS users have you updated to the latest and best ever? I like the huge improvements in Siri and some of the little additions, like separate email signatures. Not sure what I think about the Maps as I am so use to Googles mobile Maps. The Facebook integrated app is a step back to me. I do not want my Facebook friends to be added to my contacts but that is the only option if you use the app. I've only updated my phone not my iPad yet. What are your thoughts?
-
-
That's the title of an interesting article in the New York Times (courtesy of khun Koko: as I was reading the NYT link in connection with the ebony and adobe quiz I spotted it). Has anyone come across either of those expressions: a “little light in the loafers" or has “sugar in his britches.” ? http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/04/opinion/were-here-were-queer-yall.html?src=me&ref=general
-
- 2 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dearest friends- Though my very first episode aired on TV in November of 2010, the end of this past September actually marked the two year anniversary of a phone call that really turned my life upside down: I was notified that I had been cast as a new character on the popular television series, “Glee.” Woah. By that point, some of you had maybe known me from silly youtube videos, and for even less of you- from cafes, restaurants, and bars I used to play music at. Regardless of the when or the how or the why, it’s been been a pretty incredible journey for all of us since that phone call. Some highlights: In April of 2010, I was getting ready to start working on what…
-
- 6 replies
- 896 views
-
-
-
For our resident linguists can anyone wager a guess on the origin of these two words. Maybe not what you think, at first. Adobe and Ebony A clue will be provided to further confound and confuse you although Susan and Phineas would know the answer.
- 16 replies
- 2.3k views
-
One hundred years ago this Saturday, Alan Turing was born. He was generally considered the father of computer science and was gay. His logic engines were the precursor of modern computers. From 1936 to 1948 his essays outlined how CPUs would work. Whether you are a PC user or a Mac fan, this is the kind of role model gay people have always needed. I believe he was also credited with breaking the Enigma code which saved countless lives during WWII. Unfortunately, in 1954, he committed suicide because of discrimination against his homosexuality. He ate part of an apple (no relation to the computer company) that was laced with cyanide. It had been suggested that he was r…
-
-
What networks are going to show this live? Do you know what time it will start? I love politics even if I am in gay Thailand.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
...first words in '2001,' more than 40 minutes into. Anyhoo, here a clip of the miraculous Blue Danube sequence, for those elite who care ...
-
-
-
- 2 replies
- 802 views
-
-
Well we have had the best erection contest and best gay kiss contest. How about we start another? Any ideas? Maybe Best Fuckable Ass or Best Boytoy or Best Dressed Gay Couple or ?
-
- 2 replies
- 561 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Help us find the best gay kiss! Yes, that is right. We are looking for the sexiest or the sweetest or the most adorable pucker the planet has ever seen. For the entire month of September, please post the photo of a kiss you have seen (no copyrighted images). At the end of the month of September, we will see which photo has the most likes. The person with the most likes will get a One Year Free Gold Membership (transferable to a friend if you already have Gold). How to play. 1. Post a Photo of a kiss (guys only please, gay only please). 2. Wait for Others to Vote by "liking" the photo. 3. At the end of the Month, photo with the most 'likes' wins. 4. You can ask fri…
- 75 replies
- 7.2k views
- 1 follower
-
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/10/city-council-repeals-marijuana-dispensaries.html
-
- 3 replies
- 469 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Barbra Streisand's new movie "The Guilt Trip". Looks funny.