Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Enjoy these GIFs of Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Magic Mike homage from Saturday Night Live. NBC wiped all of the YouTubes from the internet already.

    • 2 replies
    • 513 views
  2. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    The Emmy’s were awarded last night. Kevin Costner – admittedly not my favourite actor – won Best Actor in a Movie or Miniseries for "Hatfields and McCoys". He then plumbed the depths when he compared making a speech with a heavy Emmy in his hand to something you’d do at the Olympics. Shame on you, Costner! The Olympians worked for many years to achieve their success. You had to make a 40 second speech which most actors should prepare for, no matter how likely their chances of success. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/10452451

    • 0 replies
    • 998 views
  3. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    These ads for Cannon towels from the 1940s are extremely homoerotic when viewed through a modern lens.

  4. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    Today, I saw an old friend and we talked about when we used to see each other on a daily basis. Life is so funny though and now we hardly ever speak anymore. Now and then, we might think of one another but our time as friends has come and gone. It is truly amazing how our lives change throughout the years. I hope though that maybe someday in the future, my dick and I will once again be close friends. Until that day, I'll have to live my life without it.

    • 1 reply
    • 584 views
  5. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Former Pirates owner Kevin McClatchy reveals he is gay 5:06PM EST September 22. 2012 - Kevin McClatchy says he kept quiet about being gay for the years he owned the Pittsburgh Pirates because of homophobic slurs. McClatchy, the controlling owner of the Pirates from 1996-2007, publicly revealed his sexuality in a column by Frank Bruni of The New York Times. He said he told his family in 1996, around the time he bought the team, because of an anonymous threat to leak that information. "I think I was more paranoid, for sure, about people," he told the Times. "And suspicious, definitely. And angry." McClatchy is another in a lengthening list of men involved in American pr…

    • 5 replies
    • 868 views
  6. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    "Live While We Are Young" - new single by the hot boy band One Direction. http://vevo.ly/O3u3o3

    • 2 replies
    • 603 views
  7. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

  8. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDoFIlAxoTE

    • 2 replies
    • 555 views
  9. Guest tomcal
    Started by Guest tomcal,

    I am sending this as general message to all the guys I have met and become friends with on here that I will be leaving the board, not out of anything wrong, but realizing that I have gotten into a routine of checking this site out everyday morning and night and I realize I have fallen into a rut! J Instead of checking CNN or Google News or Yahoo business I am checking our MER first in the morning! LOL I need to change things up and set different priorities. Business is good and I have quite a few travel plans set up but I need to expand my participation in other areas of my life. I think the audience is limited for my posts and I have written about everything a pe…

  10. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    I am eagerly awaiting two of my favorite shows from last year to return.. American Horror Story is slated to premiere season 2 on Wednesday, Oct 17.. and The Walking Dead will premiere on Sunday Oct 14

  11. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

  12. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    My birthday is in November. I usually try to schedule a vacation around my birthday, but this year, finances will prevent me from taking a "major" vacation like Rio or Montreal. I was considering a drive-cation to Southern California, if I can convince a certain boy to go along with me. I have been to Disneyland only one time in my life, and that was back in the mid 70's. I have been to Universal Studios once, back in the early 2000's. Never been to any of the other LA area theme parks. I am talking probably a 4 day trip--which park would you guys recommend for someone who enjoys rides and sights.. Hopefully we will be able to hit the park during the day, then WEHO bars…

  13. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    It was quite a site all over Southern California today seeing Endeavor taking its final flight.

    • 2 replies
    • 687 views
  14. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.advocate.com/arts-entertainment/people/2012/09/20/paris-hilton-says-most-gay-men-have-aids Paris was recording saying gay men are the horniest people ever and probably all have AIDS. . . http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/09/16/rupert-everett-gay-parents-i-cant-think-of-anything-worse/ And Rupert Everett said that he thought that two gay dads are probably the worst thing ever. . .

  15. Started by AdamSmith,

    May MsGuy absolve me...but intriguing, to say the least. 'The Gospel Of Jesus' Wife,' New Early Christian Text, Indicates Jesus May Have Been Married A discovery by a Harvard researcher may shed light on a controversial aspect of the life of Jesus Christ. Harvard Divinity School professor Karen L. King says she has found an ancient papyrus fragment from the fourth century that, when translated, appears to indicate that Jesus was married. The text is being dubbed "The Gospel of Jesus' Wife." The part of it that's drawing attention says, "Jesus said to them, 'my wife'" in the Coptic language. The text, which is printed on papyrus the size of a business card, has not be…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Sure this yarn sculpture is a bit NSFW, but is it also gay? Because it looks that way to me. Also, I have now just asked if a yarn sculpture is gay. LOL

  17. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    The iPhone 5 and lots of other things to be announced live today at 10AM PDT.

  18. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I get really pissed off when airlines advertise special fares which, when you read the small print, are “based on two flying.” In other words, screw the single flyer! In Asia, Singapore Airlines is the worst offender as many of its promotions have this condition. Since I sometimes fly easyJet in Europe, I still get emails with its various promotions. Maybe I have never looked in detail before, but I note that today’s email about “Amazing City Escapes and More” has most of the illustrated prices “based on 2 flying.” I think it is a disgraceful insult to people who, for whatever reason, are single and wish to fly solo. Of course with a full service carrier like SIA,…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  19. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I need to get back to the US ASAP... Who is your pick? I think all of them are cute... http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/secret-princes-undercover-find-love-us/story?id=17264838#.UFw7Na4taK8

  20. RIP Keith Griffith . An outspoken advocate for sexual liberty has passed away at too young of an age. I met him once- a long time ago during a differnt part of my life-and enjoyed talking with him. He was very smart,very witty,and very very randy! He and Scott O'Hara were in the frontlines of defending Queers who did not need the stamp of socity's approval in their days publishing STEAM magazine. I did have problems with Keith's politics, but he was mellowing as he moved into his fiftes. Keith Griffith you will be missed http://www.xbiz.com/news/154191

  21. Started by Lucky,

    It's rare that a birthday gets missed around here, but shocking that the 30th birthday of the emoticon may have gone unnoticed had I not seen the story on the NY Daily News. The happy face has become a universally loved symbol, and spawned many a child. Think how unhappy it would have looked had we ignored it! The News reports: The computer symbol for “not serious” or now more generally “happiness,” made up of a colon, dash and a right parenthesis, was born into existence at 11:44 a.m. on September 19, 1982, when it was posted on an online bulletin board by Carnegie Mellon computer scientist Scott Fahlman. “If someone made a sarcastic remark, a few readers would fai…

    • 2 replies
    • 884 views
  22. Guest CharliePS
    Started by Guest CharliePS,

    TL's thread about the guy who wondered if he were "bisexual" or "gay" jolted me into realizing why I'm so irritable these days: I'm tired of being pushed into boxes with labels, usually with pretty restrictive definitions for those labels. Are you a Conservative, a Moderate or a Liberal? Gay, Bi or Straight? Dominant, Versatile or Submissive? Wealthy, Middle Class, or Poor? Black, White or Asian? Chaste, Committed or a Promiscuous Slut? (Dividing everything into threes, by the way, is a staple of classical rhetoric, but it doesn't mean it's appropriate for every subject, just easier for the lazy categorizer.) OK, I've had a lot of sex with a lot of men, and I am more tu…

  23. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    This is the title of a recent BBC website column penned by a former US soldier, David Donovan. Donovan was an American infantry officer trained in counter-insurgency whose job was to provide assistance “when possible” and leadership “when necessary” to the government of South Vietnam. During one operation near the Cambodian border, he found himself asking, “What are you doing here? Is this ever going to mean anything?” Generally, his main brief was to accomplish two goals: “improving security by improving the fighting skills of the local militia . . . (and) encouraging development by helping local officials initiate projects meant to improve community life.” His p…

  24. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    In the thread “Malaysians Warned on Gay Symptoms in Children” in the Malaysia forum, the subject of religious zealots and crazies is touched upon. That’s an apt topic as more parts of the world are increasingly awash with dangerous anti-American riots, including some parts of the Middle East where America and the west has actually assisted in overthrowing their former dictators. The cause is a pathetic trailer for a movie which may or may not even exist but which was filmed with the actors duped as to its true purpose. The movie “The Innocence of Muslims” deliberately provokes Muslims by mocking Islam and the Prophet Mohammed. CNN is now reporting that the actors thou…

  25. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Mitt Romney is clearly having a tough time with unsympathetic members of his audience filming and then putting his monstrous gaffes up on the internet. But here’s one complaint that went out on public radio yesterday. “He was obviously inarticulate in making this point.” “Inarticulate?” Well, that can mean incomprehensible, incoherent, dumb, unintelligible, unclear – amongst others. Perhaps the commentator himself might have been a little more articulate in making his point. The speaker? Oh, that was Romney’s running mate! http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/10445093

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.