The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
This more or less says it all. http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-20178171 It is thought the fine was so high because Mr. Fisher chose not to defend himself. In another 15 cases involving the same porn company this year, the cases were dropped because of lack of evidence.
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
To be so tired that you no longer give a shit any more. Used in sentences: 1. "Dude, I am too exhaustipated to collect my welfare cheque today. Can you do it for me?" 2. Jim was so exhaustipated that when he realized he left his keys in the door, he didn't care to retrieve them. 3. I need to wash the car, but I am Exhaustipated. and my favorite: 4. "OH MY GOD I WAS SOO EXHAUSTIPATED AFTER THAT CRAPLESS CRAP I TOOK"
-
- 0 replies
- 663 views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
-
- 3 replies
- 632 views
-
-
The latest Bond movie has come in for heaps of praise as arguably the best Bond movie ever. One newspaper has gone all wobbly with its delirious coverage, lauding its exotic locations, extremely beautiful Bond girls, femmes fatales, luxury villas and essential vodka martinis. In one of no less than five articles dripping with enthusiasm, it states – Nothing very unusual about all that, you’d think. Except – the paper also has articles about the 500th anniversary of the Sistine Chapel, the appointment of new bishops in Peru and the Philippines, and the “welcome” news that catholic numbers are rising in Ireland. For this paper is none other than L’Osservatore R…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
So it appears that Jessica Simpson's father is gay. His divorce from her mother is now in process. Apparently he has been finding new boys in Palm Spring. This is the rumor of who he is with now.
-
- 17 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
WASHINGTON (AP) — Brad Pitt has agreed to donate $100,000 to help the Human Rights Campaign raise money for its efforts to support same-sex marriage initiatives in several states. The nation's largest gay rights group announced Wednesday that Pitt agreed to match contributions from the group's members up to $100,000. In an e-mail to members of the Human Rights Campaign, Pitt wrote that it's "unbelievable" that people's relationships will be put to a vote on Election Day. Same-sex marriage will be on the ballot in Maryland, Maine, Minnesota and Washington state. The Washington, D.C.-based Human Rights Campaign says it has spent $8 million to push for marriage equality …
-
wouldn't it be nice if we could get rid of all the negative words in the world
-
-
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Recently the Bishop of the Diocese of South Carolina has seceeded from the Episcopal Church. Any thoughts? As a Devout Episcopalian I think the unity of the Anglican Communion is important. Its funny because the second thing I thought about was the Nullification Crises in the 1800s.
- 3 replies
- 898 views
-
This should be shown in every church in the country as a lesson to be learned.
-
-
- 0 replies
- 758 views
-
-
Two of Britain’s greatest living actors, Sir Ian McKellan and Sir Derek Jacobi, both openly gay, will take the roles of an elderly gay couple in a new sitcom on British television titled “Vicious Old Queens”. The series of six half-hour episodes will be written by Gary Janetti, former Executive Producer and writer of "Will and Grace" and "Family Guy". No dates have yet been announced for the transmissions. In a related article in Pink News, McKellan – who has an exclusive interview in December’s issue of Out in Thailand – told a group of schoolchildren that hiding his sexuality for years had helped him to perfect his acting skills. He was speaking at a school in north…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
Okay, I have been watching this series for a while but some of the plot holes are getting bigger and bigger. Now during this post, I may not use the people's names properly (because I'm too damned lazy to look every one of them up) but I'll try to describe them as best I can. First of all, the new gangster that they have who is always in Nucky's face seems so far-fetched to me. I thought it was interesting at first but he takes EVERYTHING literally! It was a great hook at first but now I just roll my eyes at how "cliche" his character has become. He really could've been a good person to go against Nucky for some time too except that his character just seems so comical no…
-
Interesting ... a few luke warm former T-Mobile execs seem to have gotten together with a few wanna be barely warm leftovers to form a pyramid scheme oops I mean MLM oops I mean social commerce mobile phone company. Check out the video if you are into this sort of scam I mean thing
-
- 1 reply
- 688 views
-
-
Happy Birthday Betty White !! You share your 90th birthday with the 70th birthday of Muhammad Ali and also Michelle Obama's 48th birthday. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/17/betty-white-turns-90-best-tv-moments_n_1210224.html#s617359&title=Betty_White_Sings
-
Smartphones, computers and tablets have all become quite advanced. There really is little difference between the top tier hardware specs. So not its down to which ecosystem you are tied into to. I'm still not committed to any of the ecosystems ... I like bits and pieces of them all. I feel when it comes to content I use most Amazon wins hands down, when it comes to mobile phones I give a strong edge to the iPhone. As its simple, works well and has much flexibility. However, recently I had become disillusioned with my iPad and sold it. I just purchased a 10" Android tablet to give me back the control I craved when using my iPad. So I wonder is it best to go with all thr…
-
- 1 reply
- 664 views
-
-
At least, according to the gospel of Preacher John McTernan. He is blaming gays for Hurricane Sandy, the Storm of the Century, some are saying. This is a very sick man. If you click the link below, there is a video of him puking his guts out. http://www.huffingto..._ref=gay-voices
-
All of the media have named this the Perfect Storm and they are calling it FRANKENSTORM. I hope all of our east coast readers stay safe. For those of us on the west coast or another continent feeling deprived of all the Frankenstorm action can experience it vicariously. A variety of webcams up and down the east coast will let you see what you're missing. The first picture below is the current satellite image. The second image is from NASA yesterday that shows just how big Sandy really is.
-
This is really addictive and funny to watch.
-
Test your knowledge of the differences. I scored seven out of nine, but I studied Middle Eastern History. Since they both use versions of the old testament it is hard to tell who believes what. http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2012/10/richard_mourdock_rape_scandal_spot_the_difference_between_the_christian.html?google_editors_picks=true
-
- 1 reply
- 1.5k views
-
-
What’s the difference between the American Ballet Theater, the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater – and lap dancing? I’d have thought a huge difference, but not according to three judges on the New York State Supreme Court! For the Court has decided in a four-to-three vote that lap-dancing cannot claim the tax exemption for the performing arts because it does not promote culture in the community!! These three justices apparently felt there was no distinction between “highbrow dance and lowbrow dance” and the case raised “significant constitutional problems”. What problems, I’d be tempted to ask Their Honours? Lap dancing may find a great deal more paying customers…
-
- 11 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
I was just back from grocery shopping. I was getting some ice cream and saw Bluebell on sale. It always reminds me of growing up in Texas. Then I saw that they had Black Walnut ice cream. It was my mother's favorite. Mom and I shared a birthday (Nov 15). She passed away in 2005. For no reason at all, I got all teary eyed, just from the Black Walnut icecream. Funny how the smallest of things can bring back memories. Appreciate the loved ones around you. Don't take them for granted because one day you will wake up and they won't be there anymore. That's all. Have to go dry my eyes now.
-
- 2 replies
- 710 views
-