Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by Lucky,

    The LA Times today saves me the task of writing my review as it presents a lengthy article, with pictures, on the show: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,4044722.story The bf and I enjoyed the show last week. My addition to the Times article would be to commend Telly Leung on his excellent performance, Lea Salonga on her excellent voice, and the supporting cast, including in particular Michael K. Lee as a very able actor who plays Salonga's love interest in the show. No one cared, or so it seems, about the internment of Japanese-Americans during the war, so it may be a hard to task to find an audience who cares, especially if the show wants a Broadway move. It's k…

  2. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Funny and I guess this was real!

    • 4 replies
    • 479 views
  3. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    WOW, this guy is a hottie.

  4. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Pretty funny

  5. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Taken at "The Pleasure Chest" in Weho:

  6. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Is he trying to mimic Bea Arthur?

  7. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    A former trainer wrote about how to detect a lie... Do you think it will work? What's your method of detecting whether someone is lying or not? http://smallbusiness...spot-a-lie.html

  8. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    The restrooms at the Boom Boom Room at the Standard Hotel in New York City have floor to ceiling windows in the toilet stalls. Most people think the glass is mirrored from the outside, but it's not, and your business is completely visible from the High Line.

  9. Started by MsGuy,

    You're in luck! The Malaysian Ministry of Education just published a handy, easily memorized 4 point check-list for spotting gays. Damn, I just wish I had had access to this kind of information back when I was in school. Thank Allah for the enlightened Muslims in Malaysia fighting the good fight to make these invaluable guidelines available to their youth!

  10. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    The Golden Girls debuted 27 years ago today. They approached so many issues including Gay marriage. . . http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/14/golden-girls-anniversary-nbc-sitcom_n_1885005.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xxpd3Ye0zA

    • 1 reply
    • 485 views
  11. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Ian Anderson reminds us how it feels to be thick as a brick

    • 0 replies
    • 531 views
  12. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Next month a new Led Zeppelin film will be in the theaters. Its titled Celebration Day and chronicles their reunion appearance from several years ago. Are you guys planning on seeing it? Looks like it might be fun to watch in a theater with awesome sound system.

  13. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    The song in this clip seems to be written by our own Lookin...

    • 2 replies
    • 695 views
  14. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    So if you want to buy from Amazon today in CA, you better do it quick. Because starting tomorrow, Amazon will start collecting 8.75% tax on California customers. (As it should be by the way)

    • 3 replies
    • 666 views
  15. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    Happy birthday..

  16. Started by Bob,

    Just noticed that Scooby and/or the gods have added a "Like It" button to the posts. And also noticed I had a PM that told me that TJ (bless his soul) liked something or other that I posted. Because I think it's rather silly (and I also forget about it because I'm old), I don't use the feature. So, I suppose I ought to announce: (1) To posters I like (you know who you are): Just imagine I pushed the "like" button. (2) To posters I don't like (you likely have no idea anyway): Just be happy they don't have a "fuck off" button!

  17. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    Another surprise discovery in physics. That's I love the field of physics. It is so fascinating and fun. I don't think it will seriously affect the theory of evolution but still you can't be too sure. Radioactive Decay Rates May Not Be Constant After All http://www.forbes.co...tant-after-all/ http://news.stanford.edu/news/2010/august/sun-082310.html

    • 1 reply
    • 468 views
  18. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I am a little surprised but happy for them. http://youtu.be/QRzkxjsaQ-g

    • 2 replies
    • 640 views
  19. A Florida man and FabScout model has been recommended for discharge from the U.S. Navy ROTC program for doing gay pornography. Midshipman Andrew Koch, a FabScout model known as Patrick Hunter, is in the third year of a four-year scholarship service contract with the Navy. Last week, a Personnel Review Board (PRB) unanimously determined that Koch’s pornography shoots were grounds for severing his ties with the corps, as they were “inconsistent with good order and discipline,” and “inconsistent with what the Navy deems morally acceptable.” On July 27, Koch was informed by a commanding officer, T.M. Calabrese, that he was being placed on an involuntary leave of a…

  20. Started by JKane,

    • 0 replies
    • 590 views
  21. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Me and my book ... will someone please get me a cup of hot tea

    • 2 replies
    • 502 views
  22. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    "I thought about it as coming out from behind the wall. Walls now are only as high or as thick or as strong as we allow them to be." That's how Zachary Quinto describes his decision to publicly address his sexuality in a new interview with Out magazine. The "American Horror Story" hunk speaks at length with Aaron Hicklin about coming out as a gay man in a New York Magazine profile last year, and also shares some intimate details on both his childhood and current love life. "One of the most defining conversations that I had with myself was that absolutely no good can come from me staying quiet about [my sexuality]," Quinto continues. "Literally, no good can come f…

    • 2 replies
    • 774 views
  23. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    The photo below was taken in the dressing room of a extremely popular new wave band from the early 80s. What you see are really worn by them. Who is the band?

  24. I know some shows are hard to get in LOS but this show is one of my all time favorites. This season just started and it is without a doubt the best season opener I have ever seen. Plus, the introduction of Jimmy Smitts is great. If you have not seen this show before, run, do not walk, to one of those DVD places and pick up the first few seasons and watch it. I really didn't think I'd like a show about a motorcycle gang but it is amazing and the characters are really developed in depth. Plus, I love Katie Segal in this show! And, the eye candy if you like rough and tough men is enjoyable!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.