Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    A friend of mine who was in New Orleans over the weekend for Southern Decadence sent me this pic.

  2. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This is an encouraging chart showing favorability for gay marriage growing.

    • 4 replies
    • 645 views
  3. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-31/apple-loses-japan-patent-lawsuit-against-samsung-over-devices.html?cmpid=msnmoney I am not a big fan of Samsung and I personally use only Apple products. I'm surprised that US jury members didn't make a fair judgment, however. Well many crazy things are going on in the US so I guess it's just a tough luck. Good thing is Samsung can stand on its own by its new line of products and they will survive this. BTW, something like what was in John Grisham's novel, Runaway Jury, might have happened in the case but I doubt it. I am not sure, however, why the foreman was not dismissed during the jury selection and Samsung's lawyer team w…

    • 3 replies
    • 690 views
  4. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    Some Americans are asleep while Chinese, Russians and foreign and domestic criminals are out there to find a hole in the system... It worries me a lot. Let's be imaginative and do something about it before it comes.

  5. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    One of the finalist from AGT does beautiful sand art to music .. if you haven't been watching AGT check out the brief clip to see this talented bohemian artist. Check Out America's Got Talent: Joe Castillo: Semifinals on Hulu. ( http://www.hulu.com/watch/395755 )

    • 2 replies
    • 521 views
  6. Started by AdamSmith,

    Is there no end to it? http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/31/priest-apologizes-after-sex-abuse-comments-draw-ire/

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    The stop-motion animated zombie comedy ParaNorman was released Aug. 17, but convervatives are only just now starting to make a fuss over the film’s inclusion of Mitch Downe, who's being called the first openly gay character in an American animated feature. Mitch, a musclehead jock and the older brother of one of the main characters, appears to be straight until close to the very end of the film, when a girl asks him out to see a movie. Voiced by Casey Affleck, Mitch responds, "Sure, you're gonna love my boyfriend. He's like a total chick-flick nut!" That's it. Cute and innocuous, right? Well, William Bigelow of Breitbart.com is not at all amused: "You knew it was only a…

    • 1 reply
    • 687 views
  8. Started by AdamSmith,

    Send-up, by an inspired poster, of the online recipe genre... http://www.food.com/recipe/ice-cubes-420398 ...and the priceless reader comments... http://www.food.com/recipe/ice-cubes-420398/review

  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    Here is the word for this week: absquatulate \ab-skwoch-uh-leyt\, verb: To flee; abscond. "If you try to absquatulate again, I'll sic the FBI on you." Elliott Roosevelt; Murder in the Executive Mansion; St. Martin's Paperbacks; 1996. "You'd thank me to 'absquatulate,' as the Yankees say,"interrupts she, laughing and showing the sweetest, shortest, whitest little set of teeth that ever set dentist at defiance. "Well, I will in a minute; but' I have an errand unto thee. oh, captain.'" -- Rhoda Broughton, Cometh up as a flower: an autobiography Predictably, he is rejected by the people and threats are made on his life (Jeremiah is probably in prison at this time) so …

  10. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I have always found particle physics all but impossible to grasp. Grasp? It’s never got near my fingertips! Even Stephen Hawking’s A Brief History of Time, supposedly an easyish read, lasted only a few pages before I gave up. Now there’s another reason to try and learn a bit more. The BBC website today has an article about the supermassive black hole at our galaxy’s centre that scientists seem to have known about for quite some time. What is new, though, is they have discovered a giant gas cloud spiraling around that hole. The cloud has an oval-shaped path and has doubled speed in the last seven years – to 2,350 kms per second. Yikes! Doesn’t a back hole gobble up eve…

    • 23 replies
    • 4k views
  11. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    There are a lot of opinions on this one. . .

    • 0 replies
    • 512 views
  12. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I am not sure but men4rentnow got into some trouble with the law? Does anybody have any idea on this?

    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    He has a facebook page of thousands giving him a naked salute. Also here is a brief CN report on the surge of support for him. http://cnn.com/video...upport.cnn.html http://www.facebook.com/salute4harry

    • 3 replies
    • 637 views
  14. Started by AdamSmith,

    Sorry, picked this up in replying to a thread in another dept. and just could not resist. Bad habits... Monty Python's The Final Rip-Off Introduction Constitutional Peasant Fish License Eric The Half-a-Bee Song Finland Song Travel Agent Are You Embarrassed Easily? Australian Table Wines Argument Henry Kissinger Song Parrot (Oh, Not Again) Sit On My Face Undertaker Novel Writing (Live From Wessex) Liner Notes String Bells Traffic Lights Cocktail Bar Four Yorkshiremen Election Special Lumberjack Song I Like Chinese Spanish Inquisition Part 1 Cheese Shop Cherry Orchard Architect's Sketc…

    • 0 replies
    • 822 views
  15. Started by Lucky,

    Well, I don't wish happy birthday to dead people, but will note that River Phoenix was born on August 23d, and died at the young age of 23. What a sad loss his death was. But, I can wish Happy Birthday to basketball star Jeremy Lin. And guess what? He, too, is 23 on August 23d. May his future be bright.

    • 7 replies
    • 924 views
  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    There is a debate going on (Facebook debate) that these are too "gay" to wear. What makes something "too gay" for anyone or especially straight people who like to label things as too gay??

    • 12 replies
    • 1.5k views
  17. Started by Rogie,

    Headline spotted on Yahoo: Obama: Armstrong Was 'Great American Hero' (note: my emphasis on the word 'was') Lance or Neil?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views
  18. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I cancelled HBO a while back in an effort to gain control of my cable bill, but from the looks of The Newsroom, I'm going to have to find savings somewhere else, because this looks amazing. And Jane Fonda does so much with just a few words, channeling her ex-husband. I am getting a current three month "free sample" run of HBO but of course this show starts just as my trial ends, so I will have to renew to watch this and True Blood.

  19. Guest tomcal
    Started by Guest tomcal,

    A young boy (looks like about 14) fan yells out during a practice round of the U.S. Tennis Open, to Djokovic "Will you Marry me?" not only is Djokovic very cool about it, but so are the fans! watch what happens.. #!

    • 4 replies
    • 672 views
  20. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    The Story: His five year old son likes to wear dresses. In Berlin Kreuzberg that alone would be enough to get into conversation with other parents. Is it wise or ridiculous? "Neither one nor the other!“ He still wants to shout back at them. But sadly they can’t hear me any more. Because by now I live in a small town in South Germany. Not even a hundred thousand inhabitant s, very traditional, very religious. Plainly motherland. Here the partiality of my son are not only a subject for parents, they are a town wide issue. And I did my bit for that to happen... I didn’t want to talk my son into not wearing dresses and skirts. He didn’t make friends in doing that in Berl…

    • 1 reply
    • 550 views
  21. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    My neighbor's doggie seems to be in pain and crying all day in the yard. I can't call police here since they don't care about animal cruelty. I wish I could go over there and find out why he is in pain but the security systems on our neighbor's house makes it inaccessible. I will be arrested for trespassing and the alarm will startled the dog anyway so I won't be able to examine the dog properly. A lot of dogs and cats are mistreated here. Although my the other neighbor, a very old lady, has a cute dog and he is well treated and happy. She lets him outside the house to enjoy the sun from time to time and he never barks at anyone. He seems so happy to be outside. There i…

    • 6 replies
    • 804 views
  22. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    Well over the summer term, I took 2 classes and learned in 1/2 the amount of time because that's how summer term works. Now I'm in Fall term and I'm taking Algebra (ugh!) because I was just shy of where I needed to be to get into my CORE Algebra class. So I have already taken test number 1...(there's 6 total)...actually I got an 87% the first time but I took it again and got a 100%. So NOW I have learned (and decided) that I will attempt to go through TWO algebra classes in this term. If I'm successful then that will finish my math core class and I'll be able to take something else. If I'm not successful then I will probably have a nervous breakdown halfway through the…

    • 1 reply
    • 578 views
  23. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I can't wait for the new season of American Horror Story. They are starting to show adverts for it and they are freaky as one might expect. I love this new poster for the show that was released this weekend.

    • 5 replies
    • 766 views
  24. Started by TotallyOz,

    Did anyone see this movie with Jack Black and Shirley Shirley MacLaine?

  25. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    At McDonald's no less . . .

    • 8 replies
    • 844 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.