The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
-
Help out an old man who has senior moments please A working boy friend of mine has his 28th birthday today. He was at the first Hooville dinner at Numbers and he was 18 then.So either my numbers are wrong,my math fuzzy,or has it really been 10 years? I do miss those dinners.I made some great friends from them and loved getting to know many of the working fellas on a social basis.Unfortunately the economy/lack of suitible venues/and a general melt down of IBB's(due to the explosion of social networking sites such as FaceBook IMO)it has become next to impossible to wrangle enough folks together for a dinner like the one's we used to have in the good old days.
-
In an effort to keep this Board alive until its dying throes, here's something. The BBC has listed 20 films that its male readers claim made them cry. They are (in no particular order) - The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King The Shawshank Redemption Up One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest The Champ The Notebook Field of Dreams Chariots of Fire The Railway Children Steam of Life (said to be a Finnish sauna documentary - might be interesting ) The Night Before Christmas Man On Fire Mary Poppins Life is Beautiful Bridge to Terabithia The Green Mile The Italian Job (the original with Michael Caine - apparently the respondent was in floods of tears se…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
-
The Wall Street Journal today has extensive articles showing how our privacy is shredded when you visit the web. Companies have learned how to do new and many things with your cookies. The article is hard to summarize (Be Afraid?) so I will provide the link, and hope it works as the WSJ is a paid site which often allows looks at articles of interest: "he largest U.S. websites are installing new and intrusive consumer-tracking technologies on the computers of people visiting their sites—in some cases, more than 100 tracking tools at a time." http://online.wsj.com/home-page http://online.wsj.com/public/page/news-lifestyle-arts-entertainment.html
-
- 19 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The list represents cities where the population seems to be young and very well educated. 1. Austin, Tex. 2. Seattle, Wash. 3. Washington, D.C. 4. Boulder, Colo. 5. Salt Lake City, Utah 6. Rochester, Minn. 7. Des Moines, Iowa 8. Burlington, Vt. 9. West Hartford, Conn. 10. Topeka, Kan. You can read details and even see a brief video of the Top 10 cities at Kiplinger's site.
-
For those of you skilled in the art of posting pictures, please consider the Ralph Woods example, wherein he has a huge glob of cum on his face. I liked that, just as I liked it on Cam4 the other day when a cute twink received such a facial and proudly mugged it for the camera. Just a suggestion, of course. Others might not like this!
-
- 7 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
OK we need to break down the barrier of reality for a moment. Now if you could spend one hour with anybody dead or alive who and why that person? What makes me think of this question is because today marks the first anniversary of the death of my best friend. He has been in my thoughts all day. Obviously, a very sad day for me and those who loved him ... but with that being said I doubt I would want to use that hour with him lol. I think about family members like my Mother who died a few years ago ... but not certain it would be her either. Next I think of famous people alive and departed and there are several that would be intriguing to spend that hour with ... th…
-
- 5 replies
- 844 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Share a favorite link with the rest of us. Porn if you'd like, but I'm more interested in just fun odd sites that you visit regularly. I usually start my morning with a visit to www.fark.com Fark They post links to funny news stories and always make me chuckle. What are yours?
-
That show was a favorite of mine for a long time. I particularly looked forward to seeing how the writers were going to work references to her pet cat, aka "my pussy", into each episode. OK, it wasn't Noel Coward, but it was funny. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/03/arts/tel...ml?_r=1&hpw
-
- 7 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
This is not good haha well it is good but too good In and Out Burger is coming to North Texas this summer. The family owned non-franchised burger joint will be opening a food distribution plant somewhere around here ... more importantly just down the street to where I moved back will be one of the first of many In and Out Burger stands. If you never had an In and Out Burger don't feel bad. They are mainly in California, Arizona, Nevada and I believe Oregon. The burgers and fries are the best on the planet and if you have a In and Out bumper sticker do what all the KOOL KIDZ do cut off the "b" and "r" before putting it on your car I raise my glass to the awesome Dou…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
I got this e-mail today from Hilton: Exciting News About Your HHonors Benefits Hilton Worldwide is pleased to announce that beginning September 1, 2010, all Gold and Diamond HHonors members will receive complimentary high-speed internet access during their stay at all 3,600 hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands. As a Diamond member, you don't have to do anything except enjoy your complimentary high speed internet at all your future stays with Hilton Worldwide. We hope you enjoy your free high-speed internet access.
-
- 1 reply
- 644 views
- 1 follower
-
-
As men, we are often told not to cry. Or, if we have really special people in our lives to "let it all out." I remember as a child going to see King Kong. It was my first PG movie. My sister and I went together. I came out sobbing and was sad all night. I told my mother, "I don't ever want to see a PG movie again." As an adult, I find I do tear up in movies. Some just bring me a slight mist and some make me cry. The Green Mile was on that really made me cry. When the main character was going to be covered with the mask and said he was afraid of the dark, I just sobbed. Are there any movies that make you cry?
-
- 11 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
- 2 replies
- 752 views
-
-
-
- 9 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
We don''t often focus on women, so I have been trying to think of which women I admire. For sure Eleanor Roosevelt makes the list. My mom and my sisters do too. But, what about modern women? With 24 hour cable, do we know too much about them to admire them? I can say that I admire Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the Supreme Court Justice, and I also admire Joan Rivers. If I had to push it I would add Ellen DeGeneres. But that's all that come to mind. Rightfully, Hillary Clinton should be up there, but she toed the line for Bill too much to win my respect.
-
- 13 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I love writing articles for sites. It helps me get into a more creative mood. We have written many in the Learn the Lingo area of the site. Are there any other article subjects you would like to see? Anything that we are missing related to gay escorts, male escorts, clients, sex between the two? Any suggestions or advice is appreciated! http://www.maleescortreview.com/community/How_To_Write_A_Good_Review
-
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A new study shows that gay are 2.5 times more likely to be smokers than non gays. What do you think of that? Do you smoke? http://www.365gay.com/news/smoking-rates-higher-in-lgbt-community/
-
- 30 replies
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
As if we needed to be told. Nice to hear it again, though. Monogamy unnatural for our sexy species By Christopher Ryan, Special to CNN July 29, 2010 2:24 p.m. EDT Editor's note: Christopher Ryan is a psychologist, teacher and the co-author, along with Cacilda Jethá, of "Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality," published by Harper Collins. (CNN) -- Seismic cultural shifts about 10,000 years ago rendered the true story of human sexuality so subversive and threatening that for centuries, it has been silenced by religious authorities, pathologized by physicians, studiously ignored by scientists and covered up by moralizing therapists. In recent deca…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
The forum at Daddy's Review is now open. I wonder how many people, offended at the high-handed way that they have been treated, will stay away from there for forever or a period of time. I know, that I,for one, will stay away. The lack of respect Daddy has for his own members is legendary. He doesn't think much more of his visitors or suppliers nor much more of his moderators. Until a change can be made in the leadership of that Forum that will revamp the whole place, and will show an interest in what the posters are actually saying and doing, I Cannot return. Oz, please buy the site as quickly as possible!
-
- 30 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
While stopped at a light on my home from an errand, I looked to one side and spotted a guy who looked like Levi Johnston's twin brother walking down the sidewalk and lugging an overnight bag behind him. On impulse, I called out and asked if needed a ride. He said, "Yes!" without hesitation, but then paused a second and said, "actually, I'm only going a few blocks. Thanks anyway." The light changed, and I drove off. It's very unusual for me to do proposition someone like that, but how could I resist the opportunity to sit next to a Levi Johnston lookalike for a few minutes. Sigh. He was probably an axe murderer anyway. Anyone else, act on such impulses and have bette…
-
- 14 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
-
I am dying to see this movie but it is not in Thailand. Has anyone else seen it? Is it good? All the hype has been positive from what I have read. But, I am looking forward to seeing it myself.
-
- 3 replies
- 878 views
- 1 follower
-
-
It shouldn't go without notice that this month marks five years since HooBoy's passing. It seems, to me anyway, that with regard to the community much has changed even though little has happened. To be fair change was afoot before he passed. It is difficult to say how his passing affected the long-term course of that change other than to say the community passion has diminished. One need only to consider that after only five years the anniversary of his passing has escaped notice pretty much everywhere... until now. On a separate issue, I'm sure HooBoy would be saddened at the state of affairs in Thailand on this fifth anniversary of his passing there.
-
- 7 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-