Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Attended an evening of Grand-Guignol theatre at the Taper tonight with thier presentation of The Lieutenant of Inishmore http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/culturemonster/2010/07/theater-review-the-lieutenant-of-inishmore-at-the-mark-taper-forum.html It was some sort of"Gay Hollywood"night as there were an awful lot of "those types" in the crowd Chris Pine did a great job BTW

    • 2 replies
    • 862 views
  2. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. Started by eeyore,

    When I was a young boy (oh so long ago…) I valued the dollar in terms of things that were relevant to my perspective on life. So, for example, one dollar would equal one ice cream cone. Two dollars represented a hot dog and French fries, and for three dollars you could add a milk shake. Although not relevant to my bankroll at the time, twenty thousand dollars…. well I could buy the Good Humor truck. I think you get the idea. Well now that I’m older (a lot) my perspective on things has changed. So, for example, twenty dollars equals one lap dance at a Montreal club. Twenty thousand, well… I rent the whole club for the night as my private harem. When I see the Canadian exc…

    • 18 replies
    • 2.3k views
  4. Started by Lucky,

    The daughter of former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani was arrested today for shoplifting. The mayor, a so-called family values man on his third wife is the same guy who gave us Bernard Kerik as New york Police Commissioner and tried to foist the man upon the country as Homeland Security director before his deep ties to organized crime were discovered. Kerik is currently in prison. Giuliani ran for president but his children refused to support him.

    • 18 replies
    • 2.1k views
  5. Started by TotallyOz,

    I wanted my Thai boyfriend to experience The Godfather this week. We watched all 3 episodes. Not an easy task for a non native speaker. He thoroughly enjoyed the movies and asked lots of questions. One of them was about the cooking the men were doing in the movies. It got me to thinking about great food scenes from movies and great movies about food. I have listed a few of my favorite foodie movies. Anyone have others to add? Chocolate - One of the best romance movies EVER. The Cook the Thief His Wife & Her Lover - Sick but an amazing movie. Julie and Julia Fried Green Tomatoes - Growing up in Alabama, this one hit home. Like Water For Chocolate The Break…

  6. Started by TotallyOz,

    Has anyone see this movie out in Thailand? I Am Love (2009) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUXEAhJb_O0

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. Guest Anton
    Started by Guest Anton,

    Hey guys, A day ago I sent someone a private message. Today I thought I'd check if I had any private messages myself, but I really don't know where to look. In addition, if I can't find mine, the person I wrote to may not know he got something and there may not be a response. Does anyone know where to find your own private messages? Best, Anton.

    • 1 reply
    • 872 views
  8. Guest glutes
    Started by Guest glutes,

    Googling this brings up some answers. Anyone know more? Wilson writes: “A ‘peg-boy’ is a young male who prostitutes himself to homosexuals; ‘peg-house’, a homosexual brothel. There is an unsubstantiated story that boys in East Indian peg-houses were required to sit on pegs between customers, giving them permanently dilated anuses.” Whatever you say, Bob. http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2794/rum-sodomy-and-the-lash Dave (12018) -- 06.20.2001 According to folklore, there was a position in Her Majesty's Navy called "Peg Boy." Peg-Boy's demeaning role was to be there for the pleasure of the sailors during long, lonely voyages. In order to remain, err, loose, Peg …

    • 9 replies
    • 2.1k views
  9. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    A South African dude has been charged for allegedly stealthing eight HIV negative dudes. http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/man-with-hiv-exposed-others-court-told-20100805-11jv2.html Has anyone else noticed that stealthing has become increasingly popular? I feel like when I read gay blogs guys are talking about it more than ever and that their seems to be less of a stigma to it than there was before. Just a quick exampled of some things I found in a literally 30 second Google search: http://www.breedingzone.com/forums/7-Bug-Chasing-amp-Gift-Giving-FICTION http://www.rawtop.com/blog/2010-01/safe-sex-bottom-turned-on-by-being-stealthed http://bugshare.net…

  10. Started by Lucky,

    I have asked a few guys to register here at MER since the fun is about to start. August is upon us. Two of them have reported back with registration problems. If anyone you referred has problems registering or logging in, please call it to the attention of management IMMEDIATELY. We want new membeers to feel welcome from the very first! So let's make their first day a breeze! TY- Please correct the spelling of Members in the tile!

  11. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Accidentally stuck this in the wrong forum the first time around. A military contractor is arguing in court that it was totally fine and legal for him to bill the U.S. Government for escorts. "His lawyers also defended the hiring of prostitutes for employees and board members, arguing in court papers that it represented a legitimate business expense "if Mr. Brooks thought such services could motivate his employees and make them more productive." Oh, really! http://gawker.com/5597566/body-armor-manufacturers-are-legally-entitled-to-hookers

  12. Started by Lucky,

    42 (now 43) times Alex Rodriguez has approached the plate since his 599th home run. Each time he gets in the batting stance that most favors his bubble butt and thick thighs. The look of determination on his silky brown face stays the same. The crowd gets just as excited as the umpires substitute the specials balls to mark his milestone. Cameras flash throughout the ballpark. And yet, each time, he fails to reach the milestone that only six players in baseball have ever reached. Is it frustrating for him? Who cares! It's frustrating for me, and that's what I care about. He's getting about 100,000 dollars each time he goes to the plate. All I get are diminished hopes of…

    • 16 replies
    • 2k views
  13. I never really signed up to be a customer with Chase but after five mergers/takeovers here I am. But I hate having to go in and do buisness with them(direct deposit is not an option) as they pounce on you to try and sell you services. I have learned to firmly say "no thanks"after falling for this twice, Looks like some of the workers hate doing this as much as I do! http://consumerist.com/2010/07/chase-banker-i-hate-that-were-required-to-pull-people-out-of-line-and-offer-upsells.html

    • 18 replies
    • 2.1k views
  14. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    A Grower Not a Shower?

  15. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Let's try this again, hopefully with no red X's this time... Proving love comes in all shapes, sizes and colors...

  16. Guest zipperzone
    Started by Guest zipperzone,

    I don't "think" this belongs in the politics section..... Did anyone catch the news item that Levi Johnson is back with Palin's daughter - as a couple - and talking of marriage? Mama is pissed and I for one, love it. Though I must admit that his "neked" pictures were somewhat of a bust. He looks way hotter in a dark blue business suit.

  17. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Elliot Spitzer's madam is running for guv under a "sex, drugs and gay marriage" platform. http://gawker.com/5603966/eliot-spitzers-favorite-madam-is-running-for-governor-on-a-sex-drugs-gay-marriage-platform

  18. Started by MsGuy,

    AC360 laid one of those ambush/attack interviews on Craig Newmark in D.C. tonight blasting CL for acting as a clearing house for pimps & underage prostitution. In all fairness to Anderson Cooper he did (weakly) try to tone down the young lady doing the reporting. Sigh, ratings must have been off lately.

  19. Started by eeyore,

    I like twink Tuesdays ....

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  20. Started by eeyore,

    • 1 reply
    • 948 views
  21. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    This is a beautiful water photograph. Its so crisp so clean looking. I really love photos of the ocean. Do we have any photographers in this group ... other than taking pics of horned up young men

    • 2 replies
    • 659 views
  22. I attended my nephews wedding this weekend. I was by myself and pretty much stuck with close family. I was thrilled when my sister introduced her best friend to family-followed by"and this is his husband...." Times are changing.Bit by bit,inch by inch. Some of the male guests were a little"rough"which suited me just fine Funny-with all these dance shows on TV that straight white guys still cannot dance to save their souls!

  23. Is the recession over? Are we headed up? Or, is this just a pause in the problems? Alan Greenspan was in NBC's Meet the Press and signaled that a possible double digit dip may be in the future. Your thoughts? Bloomberg News Former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan said the slowing economic recovery in the U.S. feels like a "quasi-recession," and the economy might contract again if home prices decline. "We're in a pause in a recovery, a modest recovery, but a pause in the modest recovery feels like a quasi-recession," Greenspan said on NBC's Meet the Press. Asked if another economic contraction, a so-called double dip, was possible, Greenspan said, "It is pos…

  24. Started by TotallyOz,

    Long haired Jonny is back for more, and this time he's brought cute Justin with him!! Opening his ass up for more action, this time with a small black butt plug, getting larger and larger as more is pushed inside his eager butthole. Needing his cock worked on, Justin pulls his bottom boy down and slides his cock into the prepped ass, fucking him solidly, making him moan out loud with each forward thrust he's subjected to. Click Here for More

  25. Started by JKane,

    I fucking loved Inception! It had so much more depth than Hollywood's expected out of an audience in damn near forever! Really glad it made 60m this weekend, hope the take doesn't fall off a cliff now. About two thirds in, it occurred to me it was a lot like What Dreams May Come, but on a path to have the correct ending to that movie (the ending where they both get 'stuck' forever) instead of the bullshit saccharin Hollywood test group one... And while there's a slight bit of doubt, that's the ending I'm convinced of for Inception. Sure, the top wobbled slightly... after being spun awkwardly yet spinning for longer then it was ever shown before toppling in the real…

    • 14 replies
    • 1.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.