The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
I heard this phrase in the saunas yesterday by a group of flight attendants. Since Tampa was not there to help me with the defination, I had to research it on my own. sanguine PRONUNCIATION: (SANG-gwin) MEANING: adjective: 1. Cheerfully optimistic or confident. 2. Having a healthy reddish color. 3. Blood-red. ETYMOLOGY: From Old French sanguin, from Latin sanguineus (bloody), from sanguis (blood). USAGE: "Still, let us not be over-sanguine of a speedy final triumph. Let us be quite sober." Abraham Lincoln; Letter to James C. Conkling; Aug 26, 1863.
-
- 5 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
If anyone is travelling to London tonight, check with your travel agent or airline. As I write, both runways at Heathrow airport are closed and several other airports in the London area have been closed due to massive snow storms.
-
Not quite sure I want to count myself in. This, from the Huffington Post. Google Maps Can Now Track People. Google Maps Can Now Track People MICHAEL LIEDTKE | February 4, 2009 10:00 AM EST | AP SAN FRANCISCO
-
Just as the Vatican is demanding that the recently un-excommunicated bishop who denies the Holocaust recant his views, it is being revealed that one of the most conservative Catholics ever led a double life. Marcial Maciel Degollado was the founder of the Legionaries of Christ, a religious order that was acclaimed by Pope John Paul II. Before he died a year ago, the new pope, Benedict XVI, forced him to leave public ministry because of accusations that he had sexually abused more than a dozen men when they were his students. But that was apparently only part of it, as now it is being revealed that the priest, who died at 87, had an affair with a woman too, and she was …
-
- 6 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
This is such a rotten idea. http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE5130LN20090204 So that will mean a pretty total monopoly on buying concert/event tickets online I despise Ticketmaster and the outrageous fees and surchages-which often add 10%-30% to the price of a ticket- and I try to leave them out of the loop whenever possible. Unfortunately that is not always a possibility for out of town concerts/events. I do hope this gets shot down.
-
- 1 reply
- 947 views
-
-
Like Obama in the US, I think Thailand realizes how important linking governmental agencies to a high speed connection. I applaud both Thailand and the US for working on and developing their high-speed infrastructure. BANGKOK: All of Thailand's government agencies will be able to integrate their information on to a superhighway network within four years in order to increase their efficiency and provide services on a high-speed infrastructure. Development of the 12-billion baht Government Information Network (GIN) project, which began in 2006, aims to help make the country more competitive. The executive director of the Information and Communications Techno…
-
Hey Guys; I'm thinking of taking a weekend trip to LA at the end of Feb and was wondering if anyone has stayed at (or heard anything pro/con). about The San Vincente Inn?)....I have a few other places I usually stay at, but really like the idea of the nude pool deck! Thanks for the input!! All the best; Ace rentmen.com/ace http://www.rentboy.com/ACEROCKSTARFANT http://www.daddysreviews.com/review.php?who=ace_vegas http://www.maleescortreview.com/index.php?...rt_id=106100760 http://www.rentboyreviews.com/escortOvervi...?escortID=10043
-
- 7 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Huffington Post is conducting a poll of the hottest new congressmen, and you can vote here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/29/w...s_n_162076.html Aaron Schock wins my vote!
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Talk about a cold case, this one if solved, may be a record. LONDON – The teenage girl disappeared in 1926. But a deathbed confession supposedly made decades ago has led detectives to open what might be one of Britain's oldest-ever cold case reviews. Emma Alice Smith was 16 when she disappeared while cycling between her home and a nearby railway station. Her disappearance has been unsolved — and her body has remained missing — ever since. But that could soon change: David Wright, the teenager's great-nephew, said Wednesday that he had at last told police about the confession, the existence of which had long been a family secret. Wright said his mother …
-
The Department of Justice has rehired a lawyer who was let go under Attorney General Alberto Gonzales on rumors that she is a lesbian: Justice Rehires Attorney Fired Amid Gay Rumor by Ari Shapiro All Things Considered, February 2, 2009 · On Monday, the Justice Department undid a small part of the damage that top officials caused in a scandal of politicized hiring and firing during the Bush administration. The department rehired an attorney who was improperly removed from her job because she was rumored to be a lesbian. NPR first broke the story of Leslie Hagen's dismissal last April, and the Justice Department's inspector general later corroborated the report. Now, H…
-
- 1 reply
- 1k views
-
-
With Daschel out, will Dean finally get the job that should have been offered to him in the first place?
-
- 6 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
What do you think of the new treasury secretary, Tim Geithner? Looks like Senate approval will come soon. Some senators have brought up some issues in his past, like not paying his FICA taxes for four years. Later, he then pays back taxes for 2003 and 2004, but does not pay for 2001 and 2002 until his nomination. When nominated, he then pays the other two years. What about the issue of his deduction on his taxes for his child’s summer camp? And this guy will head the IRS?
-
Any football fans ... no? Its ok how about any fans of big thick pro football player cock? Ahh yes http://www.allmaleonline.com/
-
I love this explanation of the "theory of intelligence" from the TV show Cheers. Here is a converstion between Cliff and Norm. 'Well you see, Norm, it's like this . . . A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo; and when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturall…
-
This is not a complaint but it seems to me almost everybody these days (not me) is making some kind of porn with themselves as the star. It's not just those headless jackoff videos but everythng you can think of with their heads attached for all the world to see. I can understand some people doing it for money. Who doesn't need a few bucks these days? I'm just surprised people don't worry that these might come back to haunt them. I'd like to think we live in a world that is so liberated that some homemade porn is no big deal, still...last time I looked, things didn't seem so free to me. When I was a little gay kid I couldn't wait for the Sears catalog to look at the u…
-
This show just keeps me on my toes from week to week. I love it. I hope many more seasons are to follow. This week's episode was great and can't wait to see what happens next.
-
- 2 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Watching the new site come together has been exciting for me. Here is another article for it. Let me know any suggestions! Oz Welcome back you horny homos, kinky twinks, budding bottoms and turgid tops! As we continue to work to make The Male Escort Review be all that it can be, we are back with more advice on how to pay for play with all you gay lays! We know that many of you are new to the escort scene – and even if you are an experienced pay for gay, you may have never written an escort review before. That's where we want to help. The Male Escort Review only works because we are a cum-unity. If our members don't give us the dickalicious details of their dirty d…
-
- 10 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
What a surprise! I thought Governor Paterson would pick attorney general Cuomo. I guess he felt a need to replace the senate seat with a woman. ALBANY, N.Y. – Gov. David Paterson appointed Democratic U.S. Rep. Kirsten Gillibrand on Friday to fill New York's vacant Senate seat, finally settling on a woman from a largely rural, eastern district of the state to replace Hillary Rodham Clinton. "I appreciate the opportunity that you have afforded me and the trust that you have placed in me," she told Paterson. "I realize that for many New Yorkers, this is the first time you've heard my name and you don't know much about me." The appointment, which requires no f…
-
BANGKOK: -- Phrakanong Court on Friday sentenced Kanpitak Pachimsawas, 21, son of former Miss Thailand, to 15 years and two months in jail on charges of premeditated-murder due to his aggressive driving which killed one and injured three others. The penalty was reduced to 10 years and one month as the defendant had already paid some compensation to the injured. On July 4, 2007, Kanpitak swerved his car into the footpath near a bus-stop where many people were waiting for buses after he got into an argument with the driver of bus number 513, claiming that the bus hit him and fled. One died and three others were injured. Court ordered Kanpitak, son of Kun-anek…
-
(Feb. 2) - Soap opera veteran Clint Ritchie, who for two decades starred as a plain-spoken ranch owner on 'One Life to Live,' died on Saturday just hours after getting a pacemaker implanted, a friend of that actor told Radar Online. He was 70. The star's pal and bookkeeper, Linda Honore, said Ritchie "had been sick for awhile." He suffered a heart attack in late January, and had the pacemaker installed. Ritchie played Clint Buchanan on the long-running ABC soap. He joined the cast in 1979 and last made an appearance in 2004. The role was recast. The actor never married and has no children. He lived on a 60-acre ranch near Sacramento. So, was Clint one of us??
-
I saw the film twice, and really liked it, and recommend it; we all know it's about the Frost interviews, so follows is a synopsis of the factual errors, and if u consider that a spoiler, then don't read it. Caveats, Langella does a great job, although his voice is deeper and more affected than Nixon's, but he captures his mannerisms well, and the voice in the film works; there was no late night call from Nixon to Frost, presumably that put in to show Nixon's feelings of inferiority and driving ambition; the business deal with Frost was for $600K plus 20% of the profit (the film leaves out the profit portion), Nixon needed the money for legal bills and to get ahead at t…
-
Seems to me a crime to build a $450 million dollar staduim and not use it. Do they only have one soccer team that will draw in the masses? Maybe they can hold badminton or ping pong matches? BEIJING (AP)—The area around Beijing’s massive Bird’s Nest stadium will be turned into a shopping and entertainment complex in three to five years, a state news agency said Friday. Officially known as Beijing National Stadium, the showpiece of the Beijing Olympics has fallen into disuse since the end of the games. Paint is already peeling in some areas, and the only visitors these days are tourists who pay about $7 to walk on the stadium floor and browse a pricey souvenir …
-
Anyone going to see him when he joins Guys and Dolls? Openly gay and hot as hell!
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
For anyone who looks up at the night sky and feels wonder, more sad news about our misplaced priorities... http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/...ose-792768.html
-
- 4 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
The other day I had a booking set with a date and time frame. It was with a client who I had met before. Around the time we had planned for I hadnt heard from him so I had sent a text asking if we were still on, which I rarely do! However, I was texted back that, "it was too late", and that he "was waiting for my call". I was disappointed because I had already had him on my schedule since middle of last week. On top of that, the initial time we met he had contacted me to confirm, yet this time he expected me to call him. But I have actually had a couple of clients tell me this, and I tell them the same thing. I dont like the idea of calling someone when I'm not sure if t…
-
- 13 replies
- 2.2k views
-