Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    Another game, another officiating error in the NFL. On a key third-and-2 with 2:52 remaining in today's divisional playoff game between the Baltimore Ravens and Tennessee Titans, the play clock clearly expired well before Joe Flacco received the snap, but no delay of game call came from the officials. The Ravens converted the first down on a long pass to Todd Heap, and ended up kicking the winning field goal later in the drive. It's not uncommon for officials to miss the play clock hitting zero, but when they do the ball is snapped nearly immediately afterward. On this play, the ball was snapped 1.35 seconds after the play clock expired (yes, I timed it). That…

    • 18 replies
    • 3.2k views
  2. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    What is happening to law and order in this fine city of Singapore? SINGAPORE (Reuters) – A couple treated open air diners to a 15-minute naked parade in Singapore, triggering both embarrassment and applause for a scene almost unheard of in the conservative city-state. Pub manager Terence Chia told the Straits Times newspaper he saw the couple taking off their clothes on Saturday night at a staircase in a block of flats in Holland Village, known for its popular nightspots. "Then, clothes in hand, they coolly walked in their flip-flops towards the market," he said, adding when the couple did a U-turn a sea of spectators was ready and poised with cameras. …

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  3. Started by Lucky,

    Former Yankees manager Joe Torre has written a tell-all about his 12 years managing the New York team. Various tidbits are coming out, including Alex Rodriguez being called A-Fraud and having a super-crush on teammate Derek Jeter- to the point where he even tried to dress the same as Jeter. But the tidbit I found curious involved pitcher Roger Clemens. People speculate that he used steroids to get those big victories, but, if you believe this, he didn't need to. The Daily News Joe Madden comments on the book: Up front, I must say it's a compelling read, even if Yankee trainer Steve Donohue rubbing Roger Clemens' testicles with extra hot liniment before every start was…

    • 0 replies
    • 997 views
  4. Guest mineallmine
    Started by Guest mineallmine,

    Has there ever been talk about adding a chatroom to MER where people can gather for a weekly chat or something. Might be a fun thing to do? Could be a good community building activity for the site. Just a thought.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Started by TotallyOz,

    I am top tier with Northwest but they are being taken over by Delta. On a recent trip to Brazil, I had an extra piece of luggage, they charged me 350 US as I checked in with Delta instead of Northwest. I was fuming. I dread the new rules and I know I will pay dearly in extra luggage and other fees. I am also Gold with the Star Alliance and will consider them for my next trip to Brazil as they allow 3 free pieces and the 4 is 200. With all these changes, anyone know what would be the best airline for upgrades, excess baggage to both Brazil and to Thailand? Any suggestions or preferences?

  6. Guest Rian
    Started by Guest Rian,

    Having been in DFW for like 7 months now I have noticed Fort Worth doesnt even come close to Dallas business. I have never gotten a call to Fort Worth since I been here. I've come close but they werent in Fort Worth but more like the outskirt areas. I find that to be sad because being from Florida I've gone to smaller twin cities before so I would of expected Fort Worth to maybe have something going. Not that I like it so much to want to go there all the time but still, It looks like a normal city (well, downtown does)...I expected something to be going on. Nothing. Anyone nearby know what Im talking about?

    • 0 replies
    • 874 views
  7. Guest BewareofNick
    Started by Guest BewareofNick,

    As usual, Bill O'Reilly is lying to "the folks". In fact, it seems that he is trying to take the Misinformer of the Year trophy away from Sean Hannity. On 1-27-09, on both his little listened to Radio Factor, as well as his prime time show on Fox "News", O'Reilly lied that all Illinois governors who had been indicted and convicted of corruption were Democrats. In fact, three were Republican and two were Democrats. The last Illinois Governor to go to jail was George H. Ryan, Blagojevich's predecessor. Ryan is a Republican. In fact, that was how Blago won by campaigning against Ryan's corruption. Bill O'Lielly indeed. You can contact Bill O'Lielly at oreilly@foxnews…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. Guest eastburbguy
    Started by Guest eastburbguy,

    OMG!! It could be the most brilliant political maneuver of the Century, if it works. Consider this: New Hampshire has turned from a red state to a very blue state, proof being how badly Jean Shaheen spanked now former Republican Senator John Sununu in November. Judd Gregg is the other unlucky NH Republican Senator, and he has a target the size of a semi painted on his back for '10 - he's virtually certain to be picked off. So today the Senate partisan split is 58 Dems (and friends) and 41 Repubs. If Al Franken wins the endless recount here in Lake Wobegon, that makes it 59 - 41. So, Obama appoints Gregg as Commerce Secretary, creating a vacancy which the NH Dem Gov…

    • 0 replies
    • 697 views
  9. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    I was reading a book review http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/jan/0...-cook-chocolate and came across a reference to anal violin. I took it as a joke, but it wasn't treated as one, so I looked it up. Lo! http://www.definition-of.com/anal+violin Has anybody here ever tried one? Once again, I hope the links work.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  10. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Have you guys seen that Dan Savage is trying to promote the term "Saddlebacking?" It comes from the Saddleback Church which was the first to promote abstinence only education. He defines it as "the phenomenon of Christian teens engaging in unprotected anal sex in order to preserve their virginities " http://www.saddlebacking.com/

  11. Guest GaySacGuy
    Started by Guest GaySacGuy,

    ""updated 11:04 p.m. ET Jan. 2, 2009 Associated Press WASHINGTON - President George W. Bush on Friday branded the Hamas rocket attacks on Israel an "act of terror" and outlined his own condition for a cease-fire in Gaza, saying no peace deal would be acceptable without monitoring to halt the flow of smuggled weapons to terrorist groups."" Ok, all well and good...But, Hamas is a democratically elected government attacking a country that they fear will attack them or destroy them. Now, Let's see....the US is a democratically elected governement that attacked Iraq because we feared they would attack US interest. Now, does that make Cheney-Bush terrorist. In m…

    • 92 replies
    • 16.8k views
  12. Guest jackhammer91406
    Started by Guest jackhammer91406,

    Hey guys, I have stopped by here in the past and even started some threads (I will never win the trip tho). But in the last few days I wave wandered in here since the other site is down. BTW, people have been pretty tough on the owner of the other site. I know some people don't like the owner and staff, but for civil people, some of the guys here have been pretty intense in their hatred. Anyway, not why I stopped by tonight, I have a question and maybe someone here can help me. EVERY TIME I stop by here, even if I don't log in, I get a pop up from a place called Male Nation VOD. I have tried setting a block on the site but being computer challenged, I don;t seem to…

  13. Guest zachary
    Started by Guest zachary,

    Former pastor Ted Haggard is making the rounds on tv regarding his life since his escort revealed details of their meetings in Denver, including drug use. My question, what's everyone's opinion on the escort affirmatively revealing this information as a public service to reveal Ted's hyprocrisy re: his public views and pronouncements about gays. I can't think of a better place to ask this question, since the majority of ads one sees contain the words "discreet," which I assume means that the provider doesn't reveal personal information. And if you agree with the provider doing it, what's your view on the boundaries for someone doing again?

  14. Started by AdamSmith,

    Chicago Trib posts some audio and transcripts from today's Blagogate proceedings: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/c...56.storygallery

    • 8 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. Started by seaboy4hire,

    So I was poking around at my favorite politicians (Congressman from Ohio Dennis Kucinich) website and thought I would take a look at his lovely wifes part of the site and found this little video http://elizabeth.kucinich.us/index.php?opt...44&Itemid=1 Just to give you some background the Honorable Congressman is wanting to introduce a bill from my understanding to get away from the Federal Reserve and put it under the Treasury Dept this video better explains it then I can right now For a little man he sure does have big balls for standing up to the bankers. Hugs, Greg

  16. Guest eastburbguy
    Started by Guest eastburbguy,

    Did anyone see Haggard on Larry King? The poor bastard just keeps digging his own grave. Btw, does anyone else's gaydar just register BONG BONG BONG LOUD when you see the schmuck?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  17. Guest eastburbguy
    Started by Guest eastburbguy,

    (It's been a while since I posted here; I am not so sure about the "thin but bright line" between "current events" and "politics" - forgive me if I trespass. ) The early rumblings of speculation are beginning to be heard about whether there will be "consequences" for any of the Bush crowd who (may have) committed crimes while in office. Obama has signaled his view by stating his desire to look forward and not back. This week Congressman John Conyers threw what might turn out to be the first grenade when he subpoenaed Karl Rove to testify before the House Judiciary Committee. There are those who are rational and not necessarily left-wing ideologues, eg. Constitutio…

  18. Guest eastburbguy
    Started by Guest eastburbguy,

    This will undoubtedly offend several here, which I acknowledge in advance. That said, my words echo my views, which are very sharp in nature. It's popular these days in many circles to succumb to the vapors when confronting the supposed virtues of "bi-partisanship." Just ask David Broder, the most over-rated, "inside the Beltway prisoner" ever taken by the Washington Post. (IMO, Broder has happily stayed a Prisoner of that incestuous "I'll tell you what you want to hear in return for you doing the same for me" journalistic debauchery for decades and, sorry to say, it's not likely to end until he dies). IMO, "bi-partisanship" is a means to an end, not an end in itsel…

    • 2 replies
    • 934 views
  19. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Iceland is set to appoint a former flight attendant and the world's first openly gay woman, Johanna Sigurdardottir, as interim prime minister following the failure of the country's conservative-led government under the weight of the country's collapsed banks and billions of dollars of debt accumulated in an aggressive overseas expansion.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  20. Guest eastburbguy
    Started by Guest eastburbguy,

    I'm sure many here have read about and seen CNN's portrayal of the utter injustice perpetrated upon former Alabama Gov. Don Sigelman. If you think you can't land in jail in this country just because you happen to be in opposition to the current Party In Power, just ask Don Sigelman, then ask Rove. Then ask Harriet Meiers, then ask Gonzo, then ask The Joker whose legal credentials are seemingly the only ones not publicly sanctioned by Shrub and Company. To those here who favor "letting bygones be bygones," for all the Bush atrocities, I pose this question: if you were Sigelman, would you be so sanguine and ready to forgive? If it were me, I'd go to my grave clawin…

    • 0 replies
    • 659 views
  21. Guest TAYLORKY1ESQ
    Started by Guest TAYLORKY1ESQ,

    Howdy y'all, good ol' Taylor-Ky.1.............is back....LOL. Ok,ok i know that excites y'all, but try ta control yourselves.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  22. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    Hotel Carter in NYC voted the "filthiest hotel in america" http://consumerist.com/5141324/behold-the-...otel-in-america This place does have some interesting history http://gothamist.com/2007/09/01/suspect_questio.php Having stayed in some pretty run down places I must think that took some doing!

  23. Guest SmallTownJohn1
    Started by Guest SmallTownJohn1,

    SQL Hot guy from MGMT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVnRzEjpUmE Peter Alexander in a suit...niiice!!

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  24. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    Since OZ took a moment to share about his favorite TV show I thought I would also.House. I love this show.The acting is great(I never imagined Hugh Laurie as a serious actor-and you can not detect a trace of his english accent)as is the writing. I was talking to a couple the other night,one is a MD and the other is a pharmacist-they told me that the technical stuff is pretty spot on and they enjoy trying to second guess the writers and guess the final diagnosis. There is even some eye candy(the young blond intern and House's best firend are pretty cute)and I know the straight boys think the girls are sexy-one even has a blog about them. It is on almost every night now…

  25. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    I was saddened by the death of John Travolta's 16 year old son. I grew up watching Travolta in "Welcome Back Kotter" and feel sorry for his loss. NASSAU, Bahamas - John Travolta's teenage son, Jett, died in the Bahamas after apparently suffering a seizure and hitting his head at his family's vacation home, authorities said Friday. A house caretaker found Jett, 16, unconscious in a bathroom late Friday morning. He was taken by ambulance to a Freeport hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Police Superintendent Basil Rahming said in a statement. The teenager had last been seen entering the bathroom on Thursday and had a history of seizures, according to …

    • 18 replies
    • 4.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.