The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Reading this, I am truly stunned. More encouraged now than ever that Barack might just be able to negotiate a lasting peace accord. I think the heavens are lining up just right. In this case I believe the prevailing view is that Israel once again acted in self-defense, and civilians were held as human shields. Following this self-inflicted tragedy forced on the Gazans by Hamas, perhaps some good may come out of this tragedy. Israel, like Egypt, wants nothing to do with that loony bin. But than again I might just be an incurable optimist. At least I'm happy. The early reports were that Israel was losing the PR war. From Bloomberg News: Ame…
-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -This year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format: "Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment? "A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers. "Q. Where will the government get this money? "A. From taxpayers. "Q. So the government is giving me back my own money? "A. Only a smidgen. "Q. What is the purpose of this payment? "A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the…
-
A genuine think piece on a topic that's been treated here, though not in the same way. I hope the link works. http://www.observer.com/2009/o2/hipster-rent-boys-new-york
-
- 1 reply
- 895 views
-
-
Today during 4 - 6 pm you can see the eclipse of the sun. My Thai friend took a picture frame and blacked it with a candle. You can see it in Pattaya. Just make sure you don't look at it directly without the smoked glass and not too long or you can hurt your eye. I know there is a way to use a mirror which is less dangerous, but I don't remember how to do it.
-
- 4 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
Getting ready for the new site, we are doing many new articles. Suggestions on articles are always welcome. Also, comments on them help us to edit them to make them better for all users. Here is one I wrote while in Sao Paulo this week as I was walking around thinking of picking up a guy from a park. My smarter sense kicked in and this article came out. Comments are much appreciated. Hi. Welcome back to Male Escort Review's guide to becoming a part of the male escort community. We are here to help people become comfortable hiring male escorts, so they can become cunning cockaholics! Hiring a male escort can be a great experience. You can end up having a sinsation…
-
- 13 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
By spending "bailout"money on a french made private jet http://www.nypost.com/seven/01262009/news/...able_152033.htm Have these people no sense of decency?Oh they are bankers-never mind. PS-as a fella who worships the French and almost everything about them and their country this is NOT a "freedom fries"type of thing with me
-
- 7 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
Submitted without comment... Blowfish testicles poison 7 diners in Japan Unlicensed chef prepared delicacy eaten by thrill-seeking gourmets TOKYO - Blowfish testicles prepared by an unauthorized chef sickened seven diners in northern Japan and three remained hospitalized Tuesday after eating the poisonous delicacy. The owner of the restaurant in Tsuruoka city, who is also the chef, had no license to serve blowfish and was being questioned on suspicion of professional negligence, police official Yoshihito Iwase said. Blowfish, while extremely poisonous if not prepared properly, is considered a delicacy in Japan and is consumed by thrill-seeking gourmets. Iwase said…
-
- 7 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
According to the Bangkok Post, German billionaire Adolf Merckle took his own life recently becoming another casualty of the global economic problems. The married businessman and father of four, jumped in front of a train in southern Germany. Reports say he lost heavily in trading shares in Volkswagen. Other business interests included generic drugs and in cement. He did leave a suicide note but no details have been reported. Perhaps he had emotional and mental problems on top of the financial issues. Who knows? Another suicide that may be related to the economic downturn was Kirk Stephenson, the chief operating officier of the private equity house, Olivant. He j…
-
I have a bunch of these but wanted to post a couple of favorites. Maybe more later. "I just want you to know that when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace" -- Washington, June 18, 2002 "I remember meeting a mother of a child who was abducted by the North Koreans right here in the Oval Office." -- Washington June 26 2008 And my favorite: "My fellow Americans: Major combat operations in Iraq have ended...The tyrant has fallen, and Iraq is free." -- USS Abrahm Lincoln at sea off the coast of San Diego, California, May 1, 2003 More later
-
I had a great headset for my Mac but it just broke and I'll have to buy a new one for use with my Skype. Any suggestions?
-
- 0 replies
- 778 views
- 1 follower
-
-
For starters let me state that I feel this fella did nothing wrong=If falling in love with some boy half your age floats your boat-well that is your business.The judgement(or lack of)of a)hoping that something like this did not surface,and B)when it does surface lying about it must give us pause. However-If you are a "community leader"for any community and know that there are skelatons in your closet that MIGHT at some point resurface then you owe it to your community to step aside and let a "cleaner"person carry the banner for your cause. I hope this gets sorted out and that the Mayor does not have to resign-but it still will color his term of office. http://news.yaho…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Living part of the year in Thailand I know just how serious an offense insulting the monarchy can be. With the new party in place, their top priority is protecting the monarchy. The Thai laws against insulting the monarchy are some of the strictest in the world. Here is a BBC news article: The latest edition of UK-based current affairs magazine the Economist has been banned in Thailand, amid local anger over its coverage of the royal family. The Economist's Thai distributor held back Friday's issue - which contains an article about an Australian writer who was jailed for slandering the monarchy. Last month another edition was banned because of an article questioning…
-
- 0 replies
- 801 views
- 1 follower
-
-
We are writing many articles for the new rebuild of the site and this is one I have been working on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Oz Hi. Welcome back to the Male Escort Review's guide to everything in the world of gay male escorts. We know that many of you are very experienced with the love that dare not speak its name and with escorts. Lots of you are longtime Friends of Dorothy. But, we also know that lots of you are inexperienced with both men and with male escorts. That's why we want to help you come to terms with yourself, embrace your cockaholism, get down and dirty and take it like a man. One of the many reasons that men decide to hire a ma…
-
- 17 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
While this could be inclusive of the type of "service providers"this site is most concerned with I would like to open it to a broader perspective if possible. I had my car washed last week(just in time for the rain ) at a place I have had less than wonderful results at before.This time the fella drying/finishing the car was a supervisor and he did a terrible job.Rather than go over the things he missed on the car I just took the keys pulled up a little bit into a secluded spot and fetched the owner-I went over what was missed by the supervisor,told him it was the third time in a row I had less than good results from his business and that was why I was taking my bus…
-
Complete list of winners of the 15th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards: Movies: _Cast: "Slumdog Millionaire." _Actor in a leading role: Sean Penn, "Milk." _Actress in a leading role: Meryl Streep, "Doubt." _Supporting actor: Heath Ledger, "The Dark Knight." _Supporting actress: Kate Winslet, "The Reader." _Stunt ensemble: "The Dark Knight." Television: _Drama series cast: "Mad Men." _Actor in a drama series: Hugh Laurie, "House." _Actress in a drama series: Sally Field, "Brothers & Sisters." _Comedy series cast: "30 Rock." _Actor in a comedy series: Alec Baldwin, "30 Rock." _Actress in a comedy series: Tina Fey, "30 Rock." _Actor in a movie or miniserie…
-
- 1 reply
- 866 views
-
-
Revolutionary Road was ripped off on Academy Award Nominations. Terrific performances by Kate Winslet & Leonard DiCaprio. It was an awesome study of the descent into madness. I won't say any more about that because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it. Also a great period piece of 1950's suburban America and the male dominated corporate working environment like seen on Mad Men. I also saw The Wrestler & Slumdog Millionaire and enjoyed both movies, but think they may have suffered slightly from over hype.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
The Health Ministry has expressed concern over the increasing incidence of HIV infections among young girls between 15 -19 years old who could access porn magazines and media which publish articles and pictures on real sexual experiences, erotic short stories and novels. Deputy of Public Health Minister, Vicharn Meenchaiyanant said the recent ministry's survey had found that about 48 per cent of young girls have watched pornographic videos while 35 per cent have visited porn sites on the Internet. The Public Health found that only 39 per cent of young girls use condom regularly. The number of HIV infections in young women is two-fold higher than that of young me…
-
You have to give Britney credit for pulling a Madonna-worthy controversy with her new single from the CD "Circus". Radio stations have said they won't play the song before 10pm unless she changes the name of the song. They are considering "If You See Amy" which of course makes no sense if you listen to the song. The chorus goes, "The boys and the girls are begging to If You Seek Amy". Say it real fast. You'll see what I mean. So funny.
-
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
I was listening to the NPR business news this morning.In 17 seconds they went through the roster of companies annoucing layoffs and job closures that were announced today=27,000 people lost their jobs today in the USA When I thought about that I realized the town I grew up in had a population of 25,000.My home town was just fired today.
-
- 1 reply
- 906 views
-
-
I have found this show simply wonderful and love every episode. It is clever writing and wonderful original stories. I love Kristin Chenoweth. Her voice is angelic and they are using it more and more. I really loved her when I saw her on Broadway and have enjoyed everything she has done since.
-
- 1 reply
- 931 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Does anybody else find her late discovery of interest in politics a bit perverse? I'm not a fan of the whole 'I'm an amateur who knows nothing about Washington so vote me in" school of campaigning in general. I want a politician who has a clue, and preferably one who has done enough to warrant my vote. Other than her name, does she really bring anything to the senate that thousands of other new yorkers who would probably like to be senator wouldn't?
-
- 30 replies
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Does it bother anyone else that the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court apparently doesn't know the Presidential Oath Of Office?
-
You'll enjoy http://failblog.org/ Particularly the pole dancer fail.
-
- 0 replies
- 855 views
-
-
This is very bizarre! I might order one just for the kitsch factor. A real converstion starter-or stopper http://dealnews.com/lw/artclick.html?2,275809,905509 "He Backed into my knife---He backed into my knife nineteen times!----Not guilty!"
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Today was a milestone in the history of The United states of America as we welcomed our 44th President. However as I listened to the speeches and the ceramony I was reminded of how impregnated with the hoodoo voodoo of religion our country has become.And that it is not enough to have intellegence and speak well-one must also cave in to a small group of folks who scream loudly-but really carry little weight. I look forward to the day when the USA elects an Atheist or an open Agnostic to the highest office of this land-freeing us at last from that yoke of tyranny that is organized religion!
-
- 10 replies
- 1.5k views
-