Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by TotallyOz,

    I in in Sao Paulo, Brazil and only got into the city yesterday and wanted to check out LaGoa. I hopped into a taxi and made my way there. I got there around 7 or so and the place had a nice crowd going. What I noticed this time was more twink type boys than I had met on previous trips. I was happy with this. I then had a guy who came over to my table to say hi. Another poster from the old boards and I forgot his screen name so I won't mention it here. I have hung out with him in Brazil and in Thailand and he is always fun to be around and full of humor and stories. We chatted for a while and I met my dream boy. The boy was from Rio and had the body of a Greek go…

  2. Guest noy9000
    Started by Guest noy9000,

    I went to the civil court (for 1st time), which sceduled a date for me to appear in Court, in late Jan. I'll be using their lawyer (which is free), and has not contact me yet. However, the court has 'NOT' issue me a letter to appear in court.. has 'NOT' summon any witness to appear in court (not that I'm worrying). I'm wondering if I've to go to the court at all on that day. The obvious is to go to the court and check, but I can't speak thai very well - and spend half a day with all that frustration. So if anyone has experience (or know), please share. Thanks ^^

    • 6 replies
    • 2.6k views
  3. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    I wanted to let everyone know about Phoenix's Gay Pride celebrations. We are the first major city to hold our pride festivities each year. We have to have it early before the weather becomes unbearably hot. There is a parade on Saturday, as well as a two day festival Saturday and Sunday. Headline entertainment has not been announced yet. Last year, three fellow posters managed to make the trip to town and joined me for all or part of the festivities. I even managed to arrange a small dinner with a couple of our local working boys in attendance. And as an added bonus, we had a field trip to Dick's Cabaret, our totally nude male strip club. It isnt anywhere near as excitin…

    • 0 replies
    • 631 views
  4. I sometimes hear that I make assumptions about other gay men.Namely that we have sex and are interested in sexual things. I also get the hairy eyeball when I let slip about the fact that I have no problem paying for my fun. Of course I could tear into them about being nothing more than a gelding succombing to PC and conurmist pressure-but I ussually do not So-do you ever get the cold shoulder about being Bel Ami-the porn studio-which I love)versus Bel Ami-the cologne from hemes-which I also love

  5. Started by TotallyOz,

    FloridaRob, BigDaddy and I got a car to take us to Alterosas today. We were all quite excited. When we arrived, we found a empty parking lot and a for sale sign on the building. I was very disappointed. We decided to check out Fragata instead and I had a great time. The saunas in Sao Paulo are a lot of fun but for me, Saturday was always Alterosas day. So many hot guys and so much fun. It was a legend in the sauna scene here and I am sad to see it move on. A few of the boys from the other saunas told us the police closed it because of drugs. I had some good times there and it will be missed. Its passing reminded me of the last days of Stella's in NYC. One minu…

  6. Started by TotallyOz,

    DENVER – Disgraced evangelical leader Ted Haggard's former church disclosed Friday that the gay sex scandal that caused his downfall extends to a young male church volunteer who reported having a sexual relationship with Haggard — a revelation that comes as Haggard tries to repair his public image. Brady Boyd, who succeeded Haggard as senior pastor of the 10,000-member New Life Church in Colorado Springs, told The Associated Press that the man came forward to church officials in late 2006 shortly after a Denver male prostitute claimed to have had a three-year cash-for-sex relationship with Haggard. Boyd said an "overwhelming pool of evidence" pointed to an "inapprop…

  7. Guest Astrrro
    Started by Guest Astrrro,

    Everyone Survives! Great pilot!! Geese Got sucked into the engines.

    • 10 replies
    • 3.2k views
  8. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have not found this documented but was told that immigration law may change to allow those with significant relationships with lovers overseas to allow their partner to immigrate. Has anyone seen information about this online? I was told that Obama would sign it into law quietly and go into effect. Anyone?

  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    I am not much of a street cruiser but went to the Central area of Sao Paulo near the Republic park area. We walked around quiet a bit and stopped by a bar for drinks. Mostly just people watching. I was with a friend or I would not have felt as safe as I did. There were at least 1000 gays around the bars and cafes and streets. Everything from twinks, to bears to transvestites, to everything in between. Lovers kissing on the street. Frolicking going on. It was fun to watch. There were hustlers along the areas of the park and some very cute. I am not yet adventurous enough to pick up one and take to my hotel but some do. It was a fun scene if you are with someone w…

  10. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    Here is an interesting travelouge from the 1930 on Siam. This 10 minute travelouge on youtube is an East meets West clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWdGpil2F7A...227&page=10

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Guest shebavon
    Started by Guest shebavon,

    From the NY Times. By STEVEN ERLANGER Published: January 21, 2009 JERUSALEM — With the rule of Hamas in Gaza apparently unchallenged and its popularity growing in the West Bank, the new Obama administration faces an immediate policy choice: support a Palestinian unity government, as Egypt and the Palestinian president, Mahmoud Abbas, want, or continue to isolate Hamas and concentrate on building up the West Bank as a political alternative to radical Islam. The issue is urgent because of the international effort to rebuild a bombed-out Gaza while trying to avoid letting Hamas take credit for the reconstruction, as Hezbollah did in southern Lebanon after th…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.7k views
  12. Guest eric194288
    Started by Guest eric194288,

    how do u go about finding a guy in the last minute around 1130 at night when ur horny and want to meet up right then and there ? would prefer an escort - not someone from the streets - are there escorts who are avail in the last minute and dont mind calls around midnight ? how do u know who to call ? (specifically in los Angeles!) dont even mind paying double for late night , but sometimes u just want a person to call. there is no agency in los angeles that i know of sadly. Suggestions ??

    • 11 replies
    • 1.8k views
  13. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    I thought John Howard and his conservatives were out of power. Maybe not? Dec 30 - A group of conservative politicians is making headway towards a ban on topless bathing on some of Australia's best known beaches. Christian lawmaker and veteran morals campaigner Reverend Fred Nile has won backing from key politicians in New South Wales state, home to Sydney and its famed ocean beaches, to tighten existing laws covering nude sunbathing. The move has provoked strong reaction from easy-going sunworshippers. Penny Tweedie reports.

    • 5 replies
    • 2.2k views
  14. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    LOS ANGELES – Talk about irony. George Carlin spent decades pushing the bounds of free speech by saying the seven words you can never say on television, but not one of them made it into an FBI file on him. Among the 12 pages in a file recently released by Carlin's family are a couple of letters from outraged citizens who complained that the comedian had made fun of the FBI and its director, J. Edgar Hoover, during TV appearances in 1969 and 1970. There's also a letter from Hoover himself thanking one of Carlin's critics for defending his honor, and an internal FBI memo that quotes the director as asking: "What do we know of Carlin?" Not much, as it turned o…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    BANGKOK: -- The Public Health Ministry yesterday approved a Bt1.2 billion plan to raise the average intelligence level of Thai children and to help them grow healthier and taller. The plan aims to lift the Intelligence Quotient (IQ) of Thai children to average scores of 110 [iQ denotes the ratio of a person's intelligence to the statistical norm] and- reflecting their good health- have them standing 175 centimetres tall. Currently, Thai children have an average IQ score of 103 and an average height of 165 cm. Public Health Minister Witthaya Kaewparadai revealed the plan was launched in response to findings that Thai children's physical and intellectual deve…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  16. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    Obama has followed many of Lincoln's ideas and actions, like the train ride to Washington. Lincoln's second inaugural address was one of the best. As Parade says: One inaugural address, however, still lives in the hearts of all Americans. It was given in 1865 by Lincoln, whose Bible will be used by Obama on Tuesday. Perhaps the greatest speech ever given on American soil, it ends: “With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation’s wounds...to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations.…

    • 12 replies
    • 2.6k views
  17. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    CANBERRA (Reuters) – Two Myanmar fishermen have survived for almost a month in shark-infested waters by floating in a large ice box after their boat sank, rescue officials said. The men, both aged in their 20s, were on a 12-meter Thai fishing boat with 18 others when it sank in heavy seas off Australia's north coast on December 23, said Australian Maritime Safety Authority spokeswoman Tracy Jiggins. "They had no safety equipment, no beacons, no means of communication and they'd been drifting for 25 days," Jiggins told Reuters Tuesday, describing the ice box as "desk sized." "For them to have even been spotted in a huge body of water is amazing," she said. The men …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  18. Guest Ice
    Started by Guest Ice,

    I bring professionalism and realism to my clients. I would like to bring you into my world of Dom/sub or just for those who are looking for the real Dom.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  19. Guest MichaelVincenzo
    Started by Guest MichaelVincenzo,

    I am curious about how many people followed Barrack Obama's lead by making MLK day a day of service. I thought the idea was fantastic and I hope that it becomes a tradition to restore our country to it's full glory. My day of service was spent speaking out for the animals in the circus by bringing awareness to the less informed people who attended the Ringling Bros. circus in Orlando. Appropriately, I held a sign with a photo of an African American's foot in shackles alongside a photo of an elephant's foot in chains; the sign included a quote from Martin Luther King that read: "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" For those of you who are not inf…

  20. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    A study in political spin Judy Wallman, a professional genealogy researcher here in southern California, was doing some personal work on her own family tree. She discovered that Harry Reid's great-great uncle, Remus Reid, was hanged for horse stealing and train robbery in Montana in 1889. Both Judy and Harry Reid share this common ancestor. The only known photograph of Remus shows him standing on the gallows in Montana territory. On the back of the picture Judy obtained during her research is this inscription: 'Remus Reid, horse thief, sent to Montana Territorial Prison 1885, escaped 1887, robbed the Montana Flyer six times. Caught by P…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  21. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    Corrections Department chief Natthee Jitsawang said yesterday his office would join forces with the Army and police on Wednesday to wipe out drug dealing in five prisons. The 300-strong Big Cleaning Days force, with medical backup and sniffer dogs, will carry out urine tests in Klong Prem, Bangkwang, Khlong Pai and Khao Bin prisons and the Central Correctional Institution for Drug Addicts. They will also look for mobile phones used to order narcotics. Natthee said he had instructed prisons nationwide to conduct similar searches at the same time. Source: The Nation - 11 January 2009

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  22. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    NEW YORK – Only five metropolitan areas in the U.S. will escape job losses this year, according to a forecast released Saturday by the U.S. Conference of Mayors. New York is expected to take the biggest hit as thousands of jobs are lost on Wall Street. Big financial firms are slashing workers as they cope with bad debt. Other companies have gone under, like Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., which filed for bankruptcy in September. The New York area is expected to lose 181,000 jobs in 2009, the report said. Consulting company IHS Global Insight produced the report for the group. The Los Angeles area is expected to see 164,000 lost jobs, in part because of the h…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
  23. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    Wellllll not really He has made a wise move (he was paying rent on threee apartments in the US)and let his apartment in LA go. He will now be based in Las Vegas-a city I visit often so I will be able to catch up with in in person from time to time. He has NOT left rentboy.com. I forsee a lot of new working boys in Las Vegas very soon as Brandon works his charm-and maybe we will see a Numbers style restaurant opening in Las Vegas in the near future. Still I will miss his nights out in LA.

  24. Guest lvdkeyes
    Started by Guest lvdkeyes,

    We went to see Defiance today and it is an excellent movie, a true story about the Jews in Russia during WWII. At the risk of starting a war here, I will say its depiction of how the Jews were treated gives a better understanding of the "defiance" of the Jews in Gaza. I can see why they are reacting to Hamas the way they are. OK, blast away!!!

    • 8 replies
    • 2.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.