floridarob

In BKK now... GoGo bars (and boys) price crazy??

Hope you are not referring to me as the sympathetic farang. If you are you have your foot up your Ass and can't read.

I believe nothing . He left his Planetromeo on my computer and I saved the password.  So everything I reported , was directly read from his customers and replies, which I mentioned.

The money I advanced him was so he could secure an apartment for a monthly rate rather then a daily rate and he paid it all back with visits .  Plus I had known hime for quite some time.

If that's not who you were referring to then disregard.  HaHa

There are alternatives to Soi Twilight, you just have to go to Soi 6 and prices are way down (quality a bit, too). Or massage, or online, or Saranrom, or Pattaya.

But this thread has brought up another point: people who go for the show and people who want to off. I have seen enough shows, I plan my visits before or after show, or better go to bars without shows. I am mainly interested in seeing boys in underwear on stage. I make maybe 30 bar visits per year to look at boys, and 2 to look at shows.

But many bars offer only a mix: show and boys. Maybe these could be separated?

I'm also interested in skinny twinks in underwear on stage & not the shows. 

The shows fail to entertain me for a number of reasons, including:

1 Poor lighting.  Why have a show and turn the lights down so the customers can barely see it ?

2 The show participants tend to be larger more muscular types.

3 Boring acts

My idea of a show would involve all the twinks removing the underwear.

Anyhow, getting back to the prices, the only bars I tend to frequent on Soi Twilight are Classic Boys and a couple of those on the right hand side. 

If Classic boys put their drinks prices up to 500, then I shall probably visit just the once on the next trip, unless they have an extraordinarily nice selection of boys.

Outside of Soi Twilight, the pricing in the bars is more reasonable, but as far as I know, none of them guarantee a selection of twinks.

My preferred way of doing Bangkok remains to set a daily budget 50% above what I might spend in Pattaya and stay in Bangkok for a short period of time.  Also, as I usually travel elsewhere for sightseeing, the daily spend can come tumbling down in some of the smaller cities with bargain hotel rooms and no gogo bars. 

So 2~3 days of fun in Bangkok doesn't do that much damage to the finances.

I for one,  like  shows and consider watching them in company of either one boy from assembly or boy I brought with me or friend from this board  one of little pleasures of life.

Not as much show itself but whole atmosphere in the bar with smiling boys, excited farangs ans shocked newbies is what draws me to the shows and I try to see one every night .

As for prices and budgeting I try to rein my spending but always keep in mind I would not forgive myself at home if I skimped of something I truly liked- years of travelling all over taught me that if you really like something just grab it because it may be gone next time like so many boys we hope to see o the next trip only to arrive and discover they are gone or don't look as attractive like last time.

After experience of long trip last December and shorter one in May I noticed that is easier to keep budget on shorter trips surprisingly perhaps as one would think it's easier to let hair loose when only week or two. 

But even with a bit of relaxed attitude to prices I have my limits and 500 for drink is dangerously close to it.

I never paid more than 3000 for long time and only once agreed to 3500 but before we left boy announced that he must go with somebody else so I guess even Guardian Angel tells me that instead crossing the lines I should look for an alternatives

350-450 baht a drink.... I told them the most I would pay is 250 and they bargained down, little by little but finally agreed.

Can you and others share in which bar you negotiated drink to which price?

Here my recent experience (October with German friend B and his Thai boyfriend N): Classic boys from 350 to 300 (in May ? we tried 250 but settled for 300). Screwboys wouldn't go down from 300 (similar report on Sawatdeenetwork), so we didn't go in.

This is usually not my style; when a price is posted I either take it or leave it.* If the late previous owner of Sawatdeenetwork hadn't written that he negotiates prices, I would never have gotten the idea (that was around 2011/2012, when I first got a discount 250 instead of 300 at Hotmale). But at those outrageous prices, you have to let them know what you think, and if necessary walk away.

*And when no price is posted, this is a pretty sure sign someone wants to overcharge you, especially if a pocket calculator is lying nearby. All markets where locals buy have prices posted, markets for tourists usually not.

*And when no price is posted, this is a pretty sure sign someone wants to overcharge you, especially if a pocket calculator is lying nearby. All markets where locals buy have prices posted, markets for tourists usually not.

How many of the bars on Soi Twilight have the prices posted and where are they ?

In somewhere like Classic Boys, I usually walk in, sit down and am asked if I want a drink, with no menu in sight.    I'll then order a water or beer & see what turns up on the tab.  

Knowing where the price list is would be a step forward.

Price posted outside: X-Boys, Fresh Boys, Hotmale, Dream Boys, Tawan.

Classic has price on right top corner of the board (?) that doorman shows you.

Not sure for Screwboys, I think there is no price posted.

Asking for menu is a good idea. Some places have hot tea, which is a nice change from orange juice or pineapple juice (which I usually order: I don't drink alcohol and can get water for free at home).

Classic is ground floor, upstairs are Hotmale, Dream Boys, X-Size (forgot X-Size in my previous post, price displayed outside).

I think it was Michal who reported the German manager of Dream Boys wouldn't reduce drink price even for him (generous tipper, multiple visits with company, order many drinks) because he has plenty of other customer who pay.

Thanks Christian, I think it was X-size, where the sole doorman /usher was quietly accommodating my request for a discount. I was there early & didn't want to wait for the 11pm show. It was my first visit to the bar. My 'favourite' bar in Soi Twilight is X-boys where I find a couple of their waiters energetic & friendly, with a few cute twinks on parade.

On several past visits I saw a good number of Khmer boys on stage, some with nice lean bodies.

Price posted outside: X-Boys, Fresh Boys, Hotmale, Dream Boys, Tawan.

Classic has price on right top corner of the board (?) that doorman shows you.

Clearly I'm rushing into the bars too quickly to see these.   

Must take more care.   

Good to hear Nature boys has good staff numbers (compared with normal).  

What were they wearing there ?   A few years ago, they used to have tiny little aprons & nothing else. So everything would be out on display. 

So that was something pleasantly different to the other gogos.

Last year they had switched to Speedos.  

There seems to be nothing "normal" at Nature Boys these days; it seems to depend on the night and the whim if the boys.

Up until last year you could depend on seeing around 8 to 10 guys every night. Now numbers fluctuate between 0 and 10. Last month they had a few new guys.

They haven't worn those aprons for a couple of years now. Oh, one of my regulars there, told me the police banned them. But there's still easy access to the goods and the guys are as eager as ever.

Nature boys was low on boys in 2013 and 2014 (not warranting 150 Bath drink price when you can get more boys in Super A for 100), but on my recent visit and according to others, now busy enough to warrant a repeat visit soon. A little slice of Eros in Bangkok, how wonderful!

Individual underwear, but dicks come out quickly.

Continues to be nice talent at the lesser expensive venues.... went to Golden Cock tonight where, in the past, never saw anyone of interest to me... tonight were two.

We all have our tastes, but this kid (24 yrs old) looked Mexican to me.... off fee 400 and short time, 5 hrs, was 1000....

VERY, VERY good sex... and a great body to match. They don't pose in underwear there because they don't "work" for the bar..... but I would take him off again in a heartbeat.

Can someone tell me how to rotate pics here, lol..... in my computer they are correct

post-11622-0-25500300-1446837082_thumb.jpg

post-11622-0-98487000-1446837199_thumb.jpg

This is what few of us mentioned already, instead of complaining about high soi Twilight's  prices utilize nearby alternatives in soi 6, more clients , more boys will look for opportunities there and if one is tired with twinks -Tawan is right there too.

I like selection presented above , not exactly my types but all nice bodied enough  to be considered offable, Super A boy in jeans  I find particularly sexy. lucky you floridarob.