kokopelli

Peter Pan Exposed!

Guest Hutchison

J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan's author was a repressed homosexual,

so a gay subtext in Peter Pan is to be expected. 

However unlike the pic above the character of Peter is nearly always played by a girl. 

PS The real boy "Peter" on whom the play was based died quite tragically when older and his brother died in his youth as part of a gay suicide pact.  (The dark side behind the fantasy.)

J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan's author was a repressed homosexual,

so a gay subtext in Peter Pan is to be expected. 

However unlike the pic above the character of Peter is nearly always played by a girl. 

PS The real boy "Peter" on whom the play was based died quite tragically when older and his brother died in his youth as part of a gay suicide pact.  (The dark side behind the fantasy.)

Keep reading, he was not only in love with a nine year old, but when the mother died he changed the will to show that it was the mother's wishes  that he be their guardian.  Not really a homosexual, unless you consider sex with small boys part of homosexuality.  I do not.

Guest Hutchison

Pure speculation, JM Barrie was repressed and there was no evidence that he ever engaged in underage sex. Similarly, Lewis Carroll favoured young girls and photographed hundreds of them with their guardians present. However he also was too buttoned-up to ever to ever carry his fantasies into real life. 

A lot of articles on famous historical figures are speculative and you really need to read books where hard research has been done. Evidence is what counts, not gossip.  

PS  JM Barrie did pursue some adult men early in his life,  I would called that gay/ homosexual ...

Ps historical figures are speculative and

PS  JM Barrie did pursue some adult men early in his life,  I would called that gay/ homosexual ...

I have read, especially when Chasing Neverland came out..  I have never seen where Barre dated men, but I could point out his sexless marriage to a women for 15 years.  Yes, no DIRECT evidence exists that he may have molested these children, and we can say the same about Michaerl Jackson,  but in both cases I can't help feeling something isn't quite right.