TMax

ISIS infiltrates Thailand

Great just what we don't need.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ISIS in Thailand

AUTHORITIES believe at least ten Islamic State militants have slipped into Thailand with the intention of attacking western targets, a leaked police memo has revealed.

The “urgent” and “secret” memo cited information about ten Syrian members of ISIS that was provided to Thailand authorities by the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB), according to Bangkok-based news service Khaosod.

It said four suspects had travelled to Pattaya, two Bangkok and two to Phuket, with the remaining two heading to unknown locations.

Guest Jason105

My reaction when I read this post was "Oh No!"

Hopefully it will not cause panic or an increase in the mistrust of those who appear to be Muslim.

http://news.yahoo.com/thailand-warned-russia-militants-entered-kingdom-070709830.html?nf=1

It will not necessarily be a bad thing if there is a heightened awareness and a more alert reaction by the authorities.

I just hope that it does not become a drain on the tourism industry which has already taken a big hit after the Bangkok explosions.

Hope all those who visit and all those  who live there will remain safe and that this threat will not come to pass.

all the best

There are few places that don't have the potential to be a target so worrying about one place over another serves no purpose for me. In so many places there are enough home grown terrorists that worrying about travelling ISIS members seems a bit redundant.

Such a shame so many people tar an entire religion for the actions of a few.