firecat69

Cape Town South Africa

To answer my own questions:

I was told that Sea Point promenade is the place for cruising. Didn't see any obvious cruising though. I was told to look for guys walking their dogs along the promenade :unknw:

Apps are busy (Grindr in particular). Some/ a lot of the black guys are MB. Look for profile pic of torso only and often "discreet" will be used in profile text. A quick Q "Do you charge?" will make it clear. Asking rate: 450 to 1500 rand but after negotiation 400 to 600 rand seem to be the level (USD 25-40). Some will be able to host.

Massage is often solicited in the apps. Asking rate is about 800 rand/hour - I didn't venture into any negotiations but no doubt rates are negotiable too.

Enjoy!

There are some areas in Cape Town where I would try to avoid walking the streets at night/after dark. Daytime there is no issue. In the CBD/City Bowl there are a lot of homeless people/beggars on the street that will ask you for money or to buy them food. I didn't feel unsafe but the number of strangers approaching you is too much. Uber is very popular and rates are cheap. But in general Cape Town is a lovely city and certainly recommended. 

English is spoken everywhere. No issue at all.

I'm not into your kind of guys, sorry, so I don't have any first hand experience and I wasn't looking for twinks. I didn't notice any on the apps.