Guest ryanasia

Ask a former money boy anything

Perhaps  you could develop your ideas on the differences between Thai mbs and European rent-boys?  My first experiences of commercial sex , when I was in my late forties and had previously only experienced straight sex, were with rent-boys in London and Amsterdam, not just at Blue Boys but at the place next to Man to Man cinema and Boys' Paradise, just  down the road.

When I first came to Pattaya a year after this I was struck by how different the experience was. And I don't mean just the cost.

I'd be interested to hear your views on this before offering mine.

Guest ryanasia

Well not sure if I am more qualified in anyway to answer that question than anybody else. In Europe I was working and not a customer. I can imagine that one would feel Thai boys are more affectionate. At least from what I saw of the other guys working in Europe. They guys there were much more mercenary and much of the bragging centered around how much you got out of your punter. The customer existed in many cases only to be fleeced. I guess in Thailand it is the same but thee boys are a little nicer in their methods of doing this.

I tried to give my customers a good level of service and make the date fun for them but I wasn't over all too impressed with how many of the other boys treated their tricks. It seemed like many guys in the west were playing the short game and I think in Thailand the boys play the short game but are always looking for the long game as well. That's why you get more of a BFE here. 

Sexually you are probably more likely to get a dud in the west as well but depending on the guy this isn't always the case. If your tastes require sex that is not vanilla you may like the experiences in the west more than Thailand. Thai guys are very normal in bed for lack of a better term. 

I think the boys put up with a lot in Thailand at times but the customers also tolerate more nonsense than in the west. For example repeatedly calling the customer many times in a day. This you wouldn't do if you were a boy in the west unless you are a little crazy or on drugs. I also don't think in the west the boys will try to start saying they love you on the first couple of dates. 

The boys in the west are less obedient and could on any given day be the ones leading what was happening. Thai guys seem to just always play the "up to you" card. So for me it seemed like the relationship was more of an equal footing in the west unless the customer specified they wanted to be in charge. 

So I think in some ways the scene back in the west could be a little bit more reserved. I would be interested to know what you think was different about your experiences between the two. 

I have little to add since you have  identified the significant differences. My memories of Blue Boy et al are positive and one or two of the guys I met were not only more technically adept (some of the Thais aren't) but pleasant company. But, as you suggest, the best of the Thai guys are looking for more than an hour of sanuk and are more open and warm than the ones I met in Amsterdam. Of course, they are influenced by the "respect your elders" Asian culture.

I had no bad experiences over the two or so years I was regularly visiting Amsterdam but only twice did I engage the same guy more than once. In Thailand, I became more emotionally involved....and I suggest that this is true of the working guys ,too.

Guest ryanasia

I guess if I am the customer I would prefer Thailand and if I am working I would prefer the west. Much of this is immaterial as the scene doesn't really exist in the same way anymore. The level of competition in Thailand is astounding I couldn't imagine being one of the thousands of boys in Pattaya. I am not sure if that number is too high but you get the idea. It would be much harder to stand out in the Thailand sex scene than it ever was back in the west. 

That is probably part of the reason the Thai boys can be so clingy.

As far as the bars go I think in the west they were slightly better. No pushy mamasans that make you want to cringe when you see them. The Blue boy and Why not had a pretty chilled out and relaxed atmosphere. My favorite gogo for boys in  Bangkok is Classic Boys but the mamasans and captains are so insufferable that I no longer go there.

Guest ryanasia

i have some thoughts about customers here but I am a bit tired so I am using this again only as a place holder. I only compared customers in Europe to boys in Thailand so far. I will compare customers vis a vis later. I haven't forgotten the question about what I am doing these days either.

My favorite gogo for boys in  Bangkok is Classic Boys but the mamasans and captains are so insufferable that I no longer go there.

If they are hounding you for a tip give then just 1 baht coin and they may leave you alone, worked for me on those few occasions I was there / boys there are not of my type although there's always one or two very digestible /

Guest ryanasia

I could do it that way but I prefer not to frequent the businesses they work at so they starve out altogether. I am not really that addicted to the bars and can take them or leave them. 

Guest ryanasia

So there was somebody asking about washing your ass or something like this. It isn't my favorite topic. If a Thai boy showed you how he does it generally he would have been better at it than I am. I think Quality asked me this so just follow what the Thai boys do they are some of the cleanest asses in the world. Sorry if that sounds gruff.

Back in the day it wasn't so premeditated and sometimes there were mishaps. The Thais know how to do this these days very well.

Guest ryanasia

Pro tip: take imodium after dinner.

It just struck me that it could be used also as an excuse back then to avoid the deed. I really don't know any guys that would do a full douche in those days. The exception was perhaps Germany if you were going to do something... lol My next story will be about the Valentino club in Koln which still exists evidently.

My favorite gogo for boys in  Bangkok is Classic Boys but the mamasans and captains are so insufferable that I no longer go there.

Classic Boys is also my favourite bar for boys & I agree the mamasans are bad, easily the worst around.

I get ever more direct at sending the mamasans away.

Well not sure if I am more qualified in anyway to answer that question than anybody else. In Europe I was working and not a customer. I can imagine that one would feel Thai boys are more affectionate. At least from what I saw of the other guys working in Europe. They guys there were much more mercenary and much of the bragging centered around how much you got out of your punter. The customer existed in many cases only to be fleeced. I guess in Thailand it is the same but thee boys are a little nicer in their methods of doing this.

I tried to give my customers a good level of service and make the date fun for them but I wasn't over all too impressed with how many of the other boys treated their tricks. It seemed like many guys in the west were playing the short game and I think in Thailand the boys play the short game but are always looking for the long game as well. That's why you get more of a BFE here.

Sexually you are probably more likely to get a dud in the west as well but depending on the guy this isn't always the case. If your tastes require sex that is not vanilla you may like the experiences in the west more than Thailand. Thai guys are very normal in bed for lack of a better term.

I think the boys put up with a lot in Thailand at times but the customers also tolerate more nonsense than in the west. For example repeatedly calling the customer many times in a day. This you wouldn't do if you were a boy in the west unless you are a little crazy or on drugs. I also don't think in the west the boys will try to start saying they love you on the first couple of dates.

The boys in the west are less obedient and could on any given day be the ones leading what was happening. Thai guys seem to just always play the "up to you" card. So for me it seemed like the relationship was more of an equal footing in the west unless the customer specified they wanted to be in charge.

So I think in some ways the scene back in the west could be a little bit more reserved. I would be interested to know what you think was different about your experiences between the two.

The funny thing is they get cut out.

Yes, I expect to venture into Classic Boys again on the next visit.    The mamasans will be sent away, several times if necessary.

If I like a boy, some eye contact & a couple of nods will bring him over to my seat fast enough. 

I'll converse directly with the boy & he will for sure be the only one in the bar getting a tip from me.    Hopefully a substantial tip.   Their awful mamasans will not get one baht.

Somehow mamasans will always get a cut from the boys irrespective whether the tip is for sitting with customers or for the ultimate off.

Once I witnessed a mamasan extracting a 20 baht commission off the tip I gave to a lad for sitting with me. Of course she didn't get anything from me. I think the boys are in some way beholden to the mamasans, especially the new recruits.

Somehow mamasans will always get a cut from the boys irrespective whether the tip is for sitting with customers or for the ultimate off.

Once I witnessed a mamasan extracting a 20 baht commission off the tip I gave to a lad for sitting with me. Of course she didn't get anything from me. I think the boys are in some way beholden to the mamasans, especially the new recruits.

I'm not sure it's always but I  suspect at least very often and not only in bars but also I massage places as well which would explain why in some places minimum tip is considerably higher than in others. 

While ago I noticed that one of boys from  now defunct FanClub  was still on the Senso website so at next opportunity I asked him why he left. He did not like mamasan extracting 200 baht from him after every massage although he admitted he was busier there than in the new place.

At end of day this is between boys and mamasans and we clients should stay out of that issue.

@ diff. between TH/western guys:

Have not had that many western guys and what i had was not much inviting to further following this path.

Comparing figures, and just restricting to the BKk m2m massageshops, which are essentially only male brothels in some thin disguise:

there are far, far more (in BKK around 40/50) of them as in any major western city-most will have an average total staff of maybe 20/25, but on most quiet weekdays maybe only 5 or so work/wait for customers

But what makes them most attractive to me: at least in the aimed at TH places, they learn their trade, have to follow short courses/training (weekly or monthly or so, among them from an older and very experienced masseur) all aimed to please you. And most of them will do, and can nicely surprise you with it. Give them the chance to do.