Guest ryanasia

Ask a former money boy anything

Guest ryanasia

Good move.  Even a modest home you own shows stability.  Homes are still cheap in some markets and mortgage rates are low.    A class action suit?  Against whom?

Against the federal government I guess. Obviously it was something I said out of pure frustration.

Guest ryanasia

Cannot you return to the USA and settle here while your BF comes to visit you periodically on a tourist visa?

A person of your experience may find a job that pays more than 125% of the poverty threshold, and your BF could visit and stay with you three or four times a year for a significant fraction of the time.  If this takes him ten trips until you can petition him on a fiance visa, the cost of $10,000 should not be so steep.  And two, three years pass quickly!

Can I talk to you via PM?

Hi Ryanasia I am following with interest and I find most stimulating topics mainly thanks to your excellent dialectic. if you want and if you can throw an eye to my topic. I'd like to know if you think I can look for love even in your former environment. thanks Franco

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/10168-love-in-thailand/?view=getnewpost

my question is so far remained unresolved. you think that there are young Thai gay interested in a long-term relationship with a possible move to Europe .... providing them all possible benefits ..... study ... standard of living ... take care ... ...

Guest ryanasia

Hi Ryanasia I am following with interest and I find most stimulating topics mainly thanks to your excellent dialectic. if you want and if you can throw an eye to my topic. I'd like to know if you think I can look for love even in your former environment. thanks Franco

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/10168-love-in-thailand/?view=getnewpost

That's the million dollar question. On one hand I would like to say yes and in this forum I have said so in the past. On the other hand... hmmm do you have other dating prospects in your area? Money aside it is much easier to do it almost any other way. I am just one guy and have explained my set of circumstances as an individual there is no one size fits all solution to love and money, unfortunately. :)

Not sure what exact post you linked to your comment. A few people have asked me for advice about specific guys or situations and I think I was able to give helpful information. Some of the more general concepts I have expressed apply to human beings universally. 

My guess is as good as anybody else's. Well maybe a tad better but it is a tricky thing to do. 

I am not quite sure what you are asking? Are you willing to move for your new love or relocate somebody to your home? I am having some trouble lately with this and it can get complicated. I think I have solved my trouble, but sure if you put the time in it is possible. You may find at some point that the amount of effort it could take isn't less than traditional dating. 

If you are thinking of a Thai guy yes you could fall in love but consider you eventually have to move here or bring him back. Long distance relationships IMO don't work out in the long run. I think the best chance to forge a meaningful relationship is to spend large blocks of time with that person. I don't think the back and forth traveling relationships work out as well. Particularly if you expect a relationship that has any semblance of being monogamous.

I spent a good chunk of my life running around and not always to my advantage. So if you are prepared to find the right guy and are willing to invest a substantial amount of effort, time and money I think it is possible. If you are of the mind set it is the easiest ways to an end it could possibly go disastrously wrong. 

I feel one down side of dating a Thai working boy is your interests will probably not be anything close to the same. So you will need a few Farang friends to bridge this gap. In this sense I would probably look to import the Thai to my environment rather than move to his. It is less risky should things go south.

However you need to be very careful because if it doesn't work out immigration might not be so understanding for your next try. 

Love is possible and I have made that clear in my earlier posts but the devil is in the details. You have to be financially secure to pull it off. If not you can visit the boys and have your pick of the best but to live in Thailand or bring one home to enjoin in a serious LTR you must have stability. 

Beware of Thai guys that are too jealous. Conversely be aware of those that are indifferent. If they don't care about your general appearance it is a bad sign. I am not saying you have to be handsome but if they simply don't care how you conduct yourself or your appearance, it is a red flag. 

In all honesty with the internet I would say pulling off a legit relationship with a working boy these days would possibly be harder than it used to be. That is just my subjective opinion. If you are going to intentionally go to meet the boy of your dreams it certainly can't hurt to put together some type of game plan ahead of time. Especially if you are leaning towards dating somebody how financially, educationally, financially may vary from what is the "norm"  back home. 

Go have so much sex that you become indifferent to it and then pick your choice once clearer heads prevail. :)

Guest ryanasia

hi..

what you write tells me that you are a great. I keen to consider a good friend. yes I am monogamous. yes I will want to always be with him. can you explain me the step on the immigration office. thank you

That will vary greatly dependent upon your nationality and where you want to live. 

It's not funny at all and easy to understand what Ryan means. You bring someone over, and let's assume the relationship fails. Then fall in love with someone else whom you'd like to bring over again. Immigration might not feel too comfortable with you attempting to "import" lover after lover...

Guest oakbloke

Hey Ryanasia

Cheers for the response... sounds like ur journey hasn't ended and hopefully the entry into the US is the final leg of ur story. After what uve gone thru u must be yearning for quiet life... but, then again, that could bore u

I'm actually keen to hear on how u survived the money boy journey in ur 20s and 30s. Although it may have started as fun jetting around and having new experiences, u didn't have a stable place to call home and were reliant on others, who u couldn't trust. How did u cope? it probably wasn't obvious at the time, but looking back, what kept u focused on trying to end up in a better position once your MB days were over?

Guest ryanasia

I think i have solved the problem. Evidently if I have $70,000 in the bank it satisfies the income requirements. Another rule that my lawyer said is not that well known is if you happen to reside together you can use the Foreign individuals as proof of stability. Also it means they won't need tax statements as I can prove I am a resident over here. 

One interesting thing is he suggested the use of proxy marriage. The fiancee visa would take longer but if I use proxy marriage it cuts BS. I could also take my partner and get married in person but this fact may help others.It simply means I can get married with only one person present (me) in certain states. So the news I have received tonight has been pretty positive. There are quite a few articles about proxy marriages and a few regarding how they are of benefit to same sex couples. 

Only Montana does double proxy marriages where neither party is present but obviously they don't recognize same sex marriage. One interesting tid bit is Brazil honors double proxy marriages for same sex couples. For my purposes I would prefer to do it in the USA as I just think it would look more legit. 

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/08/15/proxy-weddings-may-hold-key-for-same-sex-couples.html

I was worried I would have to run out and get a job. Driving Uber for 1.25 times the poverty rate wasn't too exciting of a prospect. :)

The cost of the lawyer and visa fees will come out to be around $2,500 and takes about 4 months to process if anybody was wondering. If people are interested in more details a separate thread could be created. 

Guest ryanasia

Good move.  Even a modest home you own shows stability.  Homes are still cheap in some markets and mortgage rates are low.    A class action suit?  Against whom?

One pitfall of homes is proving equity a mortgage won't accomplish that. The other drawback is tax assessment is often lower than actual value in many markets. Though the attorney did say if you pay outright and it is a new home the tax assessment will probably come in pretty close to the value. 

He seemed to be if the opinion that a vast majority of his  clients need to use assets to try to mitigate a lack of stable income or cash on hand. This makes sense that would be a typical scenario. American guy takes a trip to Thailand and falls in love over the course of a holiday. 

Gets back on the ground and now has a credit card debt and a mortgage to pay. I am obviously referring to average middle class people that may have problems proving poverty X 1.25 on paper after debt. I can imagine there are a healthy amount of people in the forces and others that would have these type of problems.

Guest ryanasia

Hey Ryanasia

Cheers for the response... sounds like ur journey hasn't ended and hopefully the entry into the US is the final leg of ur story. After what uve gone thru u must be yearning for quiet life... but, then again, that could bore u

I'm actually keen to hear on how u survived the money boy journey in ur 20s and 30s. Although it may have started as fun jetting around and having new experiences, u didn't have a stable place to call home and were reliant on others, who u couldn't trust. How did u cope? it probably wasn't obvious at the time, but looking back, what kept u focused on trying to end up in a better position once your MB days were over?

A lot of this was explained in my earlier posts. I explained about being a thrill seeker and took delight in going to any town on a whim. I felt like a hired gun in the old west and the adrenaline rush was addictive for a decade or so. Just pick a city in Spartacus and look for a bar with the infamous R AYOR and I knew it would be okay. I took great pride into squeeze something out of nothing. I paid the price for this bit of youthful arrogance at times and did what we call the "death march" if you strike out or can't find a place to flop. 

Those tend to be about my earlier days and n the later posts I am explaining the after math of it all. Look through the thread and feel free to ask me to clarify but I feel I would just be rehashing what is already in this thread to answer this question at length.

Here is a quote from Francois Villon that sums up the early days quite handily. Not sure if it is too vague but i think I had a good grasp of it early on. 

"Necessity leads men to stray just as hunger drives the wolves from the forest."

These days I just want a riding John Deere lawnmower lol

I thought you were Asian for some reason. I want to ask how old you were in that pic, but maybe that's rude. But I guess I just asked in a way.

HAHAHA I think Ryan just uses LOTS of those Whitening Soaps and Creams.

I know my Filipino Guy does...

Guest ryanasia

HAHAHA I think Ryan just uses LOTS of those Whitening Soaps and Creams.

I know my Filipino Guy does...

No I am just fish belly white.

I am looking in to ways of monetizing everything for tax purposes. I don't want to say much more but yeah it is a bit fucked up. I will get around it hopefully.

What you say about Income Requirements for Married Couples is a surprise to me. I have a Filipino friend of many years who is seeking a man from the US to marry him. HUM sounds like the same story for so many guys in the Phils. I have advisedhim and his American BF to go to the US Embassy in Manila and apply for a Fiance Visa. Guess I had best inform them of other requirements to meet... Thanks

What you say about Income Requirements for Married Couples is a surprise to me. I have a Filipino friend of many years who is seeking a man from the US to marry him. HUM sounds like the same story for so many guys in the Phils. I have advisedhim and his American BF to go to the US Embassy in Manila and apply for a Fiance Visa. Guess I had best inform them of other requirements to meet... Thanks

I also leaned recently that you need £18,600 annual income ($24,000) if you want to bring non-EU wife/husband to U.K even the foreign partner is very rich.

Guest ryanasia

I also leaned recently that you need £18,600 annual income ($24,000) if you want to bring non-EU wife/husband to U.K even the foreign partner is very rich.

Yup

Guest ryanasia

For an American to sponsor a fiancee they must make 1.25 the poverty line or have $63,300 in the bank. So you must make $22,500 a year or something similar. What the person you sponsor makes has no relevance. It ia incumbent on the USA citizen to have that income or a combination of assets.

Thanks for the information!

I will pass this on to my friend in the Philippines.

His problem is the man who wanted to marry him now has "cold" feet.

So probably better they did not proceed.

Guest ryanasia

Thanks for the information!

I will pass this on to my friend in the Philippines.

His problem is the man who wanted to marry him now has "cold" feet.

So probably better they did not proceed.

The Philippines also can be harder to process a visa in. The American embassy for example will not allow a co-sponsor for applications based in the Philippines. Also the Philippine government requires conditions to be met for any national to leave the country.

They know many citizens want to get out of dodge and they require proof of what they are doing to leave. 

The other American embassy that has such restrictions is in Nigeria.