numazu

English Lessons for a Thai Boy

Guest FatRichard

Ha, ha. In all this rubbish, one thing is clear, you have issues with Gaybutton, not me.

Ha, ha.  You wouldn't dare "have issues" with him as you know damn well what will happen to your membership and status on that board if you so much as disagree with him or point out a mistake he's made.

Guest thaiworthy

You wouldn't dare "have issues" with him as you know damn well what will happen to your membership and status on that board if you so much as disagree with him or point out a mistake he's made.

You can think that, if you want. I don't see the point of trashing someone on a public board. You have spent a lot of energy on your hate. I feel sorry for you.

Guest FatRichard

You can think that, if you want. I don't see the point of trashing someone on a public board. You have spent a lot of energy on your hate. I feel sorry for you.

You don't see the point.  Period.  Don't feel sorry for me; instead invest your pity and energy into critical thinking and observation.

Guest thaiworthy

You don't see the point.  Period.  Don't feel sorry for me; instead invest your pity and energy into critical thinking and observation.

Wow. Are you really that obtuse? Good luck to you, you'll need it.

Guest FossilGay

Chill, Richard.  Responding to thaiworthy's ad hominem attacks will only get this thread closed.  I notice he has not responded to your well-thought out post on making generalisations about Thai people and their learning abilities from your privileged position as an expat and as an educator in Thailand.  This is par for the course for the Stepford sycophants of Gaybuttonthai.com; don't know to respond to critical arguments and the first thing they do is get angry and then hurl childish insults at the poster.

What I'd be interested to hear are insights from you as an educator in Thailand, and Prakanong as a local, as to how we can help a young Thai person with his educational aspirations, and how to go about this sensibly and hopefully with a succesful outcome.

back to the language skills

I was wondering a lot about a boy from cambodia which I met at BBB two days ago. His english is very well and he even speak few words of german - and i mean not only "how are you / wie geht es Dir" - he was able to understand even numbers and could say his age in german.

CFP would be delighted about his grammar skills in english - better than mine for sure

And even if I was not attracted in him at the first view - these skills made him attractiv and finally I offed him - and it was nice to have a little more conversation with him than with the "normal" money boys

I think this combodian boy is really smart - in a way it´s sad that he need to do that job instead of going to the university.

funny fact : this boy speaks nearly no Thai - was kind of strange when we ordered food in a restaurant together

back to the OP: in my opinion it´s not only the point if the boy wants to learn english, the point is more if he is smart enough to do that - in every country you find smart people, dumb people and people somewhere in the middle like me :-)

Guest bidreamer

back to the language skills

I was wondering a lot about a boy from cambodia which I met at BBB two days ago. His english is very well and he even speak few words of german - and i mean not only "how are you / wie geht es Dir" - he was able to understand even numbers and could say his age in german.

And maybe he will progress further and will eventually also learn odd numbers!