Pattaya Gogo Bars 2016

Guest ronnie4you

The Gentlemen's Club was very popular in 1987 and for a few years after. It was a block away from Boyztown, and IDs were not a big thing.

Guest DThump

Gentlemen's club was close to 2nd rd.further toward Beach rd. was Thai Boys, many great looking guys worked there, Gentlemen's club had much more fem/twinky types but also had some good looking guys.

One more thing about staffing of bars:

Eros seem to have the same boys for years, and unfortunately not of them is my type, and while I like the concept, I don't go to Eros every time I'm in Pattaya.

Kawaii seems to still have half of the boys I saw a month before.

Power Boys and Nice Boys seem to have a completely new set every time I go (which makes me wonder: where did the others go, and how do they source their boys?)

The one Power Boy I saw last year has a Gay Romeo profile in Pattaya, last logged in in early November.   I couldn't find him on any other profile or in the bars, so presumably he has retired or taken a career break.    

I suspect that happens to a lot of them.  I saved a few favourite Gay Romeo profiles about a  month before my trip, including some familiar gogo bar faces.   Several profiles were deleted & certainly some of them had no replacement.

As for recruitment, well this time, I found a much higher proportion of Khmers than usual.    Previously it has tended to be more Thai & Laos boys, although my sampling method isn't very scientific.  

I guess the way to understand recruitment is to wait until you eventually get one who speaks a lot of English & ask him.

Power Boys and Nice Boys seem to have a completely new set every time I go (which makes me wonder: where did the others go, and how do they source their boys?)

that explains plenty. Last month when there  I visited both encouraged by some post here and  I did not like what I saw / I'm not famous twink chaser/, now I see I could just have bad luck on day of my visit.

But as long as Good Boys are opened no visit to Sunee is waste of my time.

For you it is: "Gin in these days had less water than now"

I don't mind to agree but :

1. I came to gin later in my life , roughly in the beginning of this century

2. I'm not one you will hear from how good old days were / they were but because they are gone I rather  think how beautiful this year will be /

I still didn't make into A-Bomb, despite occupying a hotel room on the same street.   

Eventually I wandered past when a number of the boys are outside & not one of them motivated me to go in.   Which is the same reason I've never bothered before.

The only bar I should have visited, but didn't try on this trip is Dream Boys (Pattaya).

I spotted workmen removing the lower of the 2 Wild West Boys signs, so perhaps something else is planned for that location.   I will not miss that one.

On this trip I also sampled more host bars than previously, including 2 offs from host bars in Sunnee & 2 in Jomtien complex.   Actually, the host bar scene in Jomtien seemed to be thriving, whilst Sunee shrinks a little more every year.   Rather sad when it had numerous gogo bars only 7 or 8 years ago.  

The host bars in Jomtien seemed more professional, as the staff seemed well presented and immediately approached any customers when eye contact was made, so you can easily invite them to sit with you.  

Contrast with, say Double Shot in Sunnee, where the boys were quite happy so ignore customers, play pool or all crowd around the same table with about 6 of their friends & 2 customers.   The 2 customers on that table tipped 100 baht per boy, so it's not like they were outbidding me.