Badboy81

Recommendations on the best massages in Bangkok...

Took a look at the website and although these appear to be upscale facilities I'm not convinced they'd be my first choice for the type of massage jason1975 has in mind and none are convenient to Silom where he intends to explore nightlife.

If you're planning to visit Jupiter in Soi four, you can easily locate a few places in the Soi. Adam massage will probably have a handful of guys at the corner of Silom (blue polo shirts) looking for customers. A good way to determine if they're up for the task is to ask if they can do "body-to-body" massage. If so, the price is 500 baht for one hour oil, 700 for 90 min. Would expect to tip 1000 for satisfactory hour.

If over on Twilight, there's a few established places: Bangkok and Bonny, where I believe it's 600 for one hour and boys might want 1200.

Dear Husband (Thai) thought 300-400 for HJ, 500-700 for BJ, 1000 for the full meal deal. But DH is a bit "khi niao" -- cheap.

it may depend on shop but if massage  costs 1000 and tip recommended is 1000 I'd definitely expect more than just HJ for such a price

IF places have a suggested (minimum) TIP its most often now 5/600 for ''soft'' and 1000 for ''hard''-for 60/90 mins. This for normal standard shops away from the tourist zone. Some suggest more for longer sessions. There is never no description of what consists of soft/hard.

I agree with vinapu and pong that the a 1,000 per hour or higher "minimum tip" should include full on sex (if that's what you want). Because I almost always go with 90 minute massages, I usually end up paying 1500.

My usual tip at the legit (or mostly legit spots) like Prime is 300-500 - no happy ending expected or necessarily even wanted.  (A man needs his rest.)  That would be what I tip for a 90+/- minute thai massage or 2 hour combo of foot and thai massage.

Where there's no stated minimum, 600-900 (or even 1,000) for HJ/BJ depending enthusiasm and skill.  That would typically be for a 90 minute oil massage.

We all have different views on this sort of thing, but because I spend a chunk of time in BKK I do consider tipping on the higher end for good service an investment in the excellent service i get on repeat visits.  I am as subject to confirmation bias as anyone else, but it does seem to work for me.

IF places have a suggested (minimum) TIP its most often now 5/600 for ''soft'' and 1000 for ''hard''-for 60/90 mins. This for normal standard shops away from the tourist zone. Some suggest more for longer sessions. There is never no description of what consists of soft/hard.

I am curious what is soft and hard. Lol

Guest Tomas1576

I have been there three times last week. One masseur gave excellent massage and extras. Used him twice. The other one was weaker on massage, but equally good on the rest

Does Arena perform well on massage technique beside the naughty stuffs?

Yes, they perform well. But remember they are the ones who are willing to do the extras. So if it is the very very best massage you are looking for, they are a bit below that level. But I always have been very satiesfied about massages in Arena.

Yes, they perform well. But remember they are the ones who are willing to do the extras. So if it is the very very best massage you are looking for, they are a bit below that level. But I always have been very satiesfied about massages in Arena.

I liked the massage part be at least satisfactory level, then together with the great extra part. Seems Arena is doing pretty good in overall experience.