reader

Probe cop who's marrying BF

From Khaosod English

AYUTTHAYA — A policeman in Ayutthaya province is under investigation for breaching discipline by announcing he will wed his fiance, a police commander confirmed Monday.

Lance Cpl. Thanadech Sukthawinand launched to online fame last week after a wedding invitation, which showed him in a police uniform, surfaced on social media. His supervisors soon launched a probe to ascertain whether he breached any unspecified regulations by getting married.

“We are now investigating the matter. We have not taken any action against him yet,” Col. Samart Kaewmanee, head of Wang Noi police, where Thanadech is assigned. “We want to find out the facts first.”

But when pressed on what offense the lance corporal might be guilty of, Samart would not say.

“Actually, I don’t even really want to talk to the media about this,” Samart said, laughing.

The wedding is set to take place Wednesday in Roi Et province.

On Friday, an image purported to be an internal Ayutthaya police memo ordering the investigation was posted to social media. Reached for comment, provincial police commander Thanasak Panyaem referred inquiries to Samart.

But Thanasak told Matichon on Friday they merely wanted to find out whether Thanadech had a wife or children, and whether he was eligible to marry. The colonel also reportedly said police officers were free to live in accordance to their sexual orientation, as long as their conduct is in line with regulations.

Same-sex marriage is not recognized under the law, but it is also not illegal and same-sex weddings are commonplace.

Paisarn Likhitpreechakul, an activist with the Foundation for Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Rights and Justice, said it’s the first time he heard of a police officer being investigated for marrying someone.

Continues with pic

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/05/08/cop-review-openly-marrying-boyfriend/

The cop is hot...it's very unusual for a good-looking Thai to partner with someone who's not at least his equal in the looks department...unless there's some other kind of compensation involved.  People are obsessed with looks everywhere but here it takes an out-of-worldly dimension.  My straight roommate takes at least an hour to dandify himself before going out and spends a fortune on skincare and grooming products.  He only dates hot girls younger him with "small and tight pussies" (his words). 

Guest Hutchison

The cop is hot...it's very unusual for a good-looking Thai to partner with someone who's not at least his equal in the looks department..

The "looks" of his partner are your opinion. Even in Singapore , I am sure they have the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" or the Singlish equivalent.

What most social media communities view as odd couplings of one more / one less attractive partner should keep their more aggressive opinions to themselves and just be happy if the couple is happy. Its tough enough meeting the right guy, then putting in the effort to maintain a good relationships and then fighting to get their union recognized and accepted. . 

Of course, there will always be some measure of criticism which is understandable when ones relationships goes public online or off - but in general is the couple is happy celebrating their relationships, it is better to spread positivist and goodness if no harm comes from it. 

The rugby player Sam Stanley probably has gone through a heckuva lot of flack for being with his fiance, but I see much less vilification of Tom Daley and his now husband. 

:D 

The "looks" of his partner are your opinion. Even in Singapore , I am sure they have the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" or the Singlish equivalent.

Of course I've heard of that expression, as I'm sure you've heard of the Thai axiom beauty lies in the eyes of the beholden. :lol:

Seriously, it's not my opinion necessarily, but idle chatter among my Thai friends is that the fetching policeman's partner is very wealthy. Hot policemen in tight uniforms are highly objectified in Thailand and LCP Thanadech is the ultimate trophy husband.   This phenomenon is hardly unique to Thailand and has been happening since time immemorial.  Young, beautiful women marry rich, old and sometimes repulsive men all the time.  Just look at Melania and Donald.  We don't judge but it doesn't mean we can't have an opinion about it when the story is in the public domain, released by the parties themselves.  It's not as if these two are running from gay persecution in Iran or something. 

The other guy is probably rich. Case closed. ;)

Case closed?? And you know nothing of their relationship other than the photo? What a bitter attitude.

Guest ryanasia

Pretty ironic that a bunch of guys that date hookers criticize a guy that could have a good catch. Please show pics of you with your latest boy toy and let us judge you. At leas they speak the same language and they both most likely have a job. I would really like people commenting on looks to post  a pic of them with their Tawan boy or twink to let others comment.

Pretty ironic that a bunch of guys that date hookers criticize a guy that could have a good catch. Please show pics of you with your latest boy toy and let us judge you. At leas they speak the same language and they both most likely have a job. I would really like people commenting on looks to post  a pic of them with their Tawan boy or twink to let others comment.

Agreed.. I have to hope that love is blind or I will be single for ever!!

Case closed?? And you know nothing of their relationship other than the photo? What a bitter attitude.

You do know the purpose of emoticons, don't you? The one I used in the post of mine that you quoted indicates that what I wrote was (half) in jest. We're not in a position to have a serious discussion about their relationship, and it's none of our business anyway. Just some light-hearted banter about a news report, as far as I'm concerned.

On a more serious note, however, I think it's a good thing that same-sex couples who feel deeply committed to their relationship hold such wedding ceremonies. Their families and friends probably enjoy it just like any other wedding, and society as a whole might also become more open-minded as a result.

You do know the purpose of emoticons, don't you? The one I used in the post of mine that you quoted indicates that what I wrote was (half) in jest. We're not in a position to have a serious discussion about their relationship, and it's none of our business anyway. Just some light-hearted banter about a news report, as far as I'm concerned.

On a more serious note, however, I think it's a good thing that same-sex couples who feel deeply committed to their relationship hold such wedding ceremonies. Their families and friends probably enjoy it just like any other wedding, and society as a whole might also become more open-minded as a result.

I know the purpose of words too, and I thought yours a bit severe and judgmental. It seems I may have been wrong. I appreciate your clarification. I agree wholeheartedly woth your last paragraph.

Excerpts from Khaosod English

AYUTTHAYA — A disciplinary inquiry has cleared a policeman in Ayutthaya province of wrongdoing for the invitations he sent for his same-sex wedding.

Three months after he was laced under invstigation following his marriage, Lance Cpl. Thanadet Sukthawinand said Wednesday that he had been cleared without further repercussion.

In May, police said they were investigating whether Thanadet’s marriage violated any police regulations.

“Nothing came of it,” the lance corporal said, adding he’s still on the force.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2017/08/30/cop-cleared-wrongdoing-marrying-boyfriend/