bucknaway

Andrew Drummond's take on boyztiwns creation

interestingly, this site is blocked in Thailand. Of course, circumventing the block is just a click away, but I didn't proceed to read the article as it appeared a very long-winded, uninteresting story related to football, a topic that bores me to death. So I don't know what the offending content might be... It's not just this story, but the entire Andrew Drummond site. Guess he's persona non grata here....

attachment=21987:block.jpg]

post-11689-0-55720600-1496517245_thumb.jpg

Yes, Andrew Drummond's site isn't blocked in Thailand because of that very article alone. He has exposed countless government and business shenanigans and has made powerful enemies, ultimately leading to his departure from Thailand.

His style of investigative journalism and Andy Hall's style of human rights activism - sadly! - just aren't compatible with Thailand. Considering the circumstances, I'm just glad they made it out alive.

Not sure Alexx is entirely correct. I dont think Andrew Drummond took on the government. His forte was investigating organised crime and the police who were usually in cahoots with it. He was once sued for libel by a Scottish bar owner whose illegal activities he had written about. He fled Thailand because the threats to him and his family had become too real. Most sites relating to Andrew Drummond direct are blocked. But plenty of others in which he is indirectly mentioned remain untouched.

If in Thailand the OP's link is blocked; but can get it and read it via VPN.

In my opinion Andrew Drummond is a brave journalist and has exposed some vile criminals etc who thrive in Thailand.

One of the dangers of trying to tell the truth in LOS is that amongst other things money can buy anything including bribing those in power plus the defamation laws allow a truth-teller to be prosecuted successfully even when speaking the truth.

The golden rule in Thailand is stay under the radar, do not invest here and trust no one.