nynakedtop

Babylon: "Newbie Question" from an Old-Timer

- but the mamasan made it clear that i would either take "her" or no one at all.

it looks that for some reason he labelled you easy target and good to know you stood your ground.

Unfortunately from time to  time we hear similar stories , guy great for one turns nightmare for another one . Fortunately also sometimes it's other way around. It's better to chalk it off to experience  and move on than nursing bitterness. You are right , it was not worth to spoil vacation time by creating a scene , sweet revenge would be re-visit and completely ignore the dickhead.

Nakednytop, it seems that GC may have a new mamasan because they one you describe doesn't fit description of the one I remember (older, slim and no way I'd consider in the "offable" range).  There was another guy, early 30's, with slicked back hair, who I assumed was one of the boys, who sat with me for a while who was in no way fem and had a hunky body. I brought him drink and tipped him as he left the bar because he had provided a brief service. Upon leaving 20 min. later, he was leaning against his motorcycle. talking with a girl.

However, there was a mamasan who worked in SA in the afternoons who was quite fem, age 50+, who held his hand out for 100 bht as I left (I did not fill it).  He was annoying.  I certainly hope he hasn't moved over to GC.

The only good news I take from your experiences in that you had no trouble with any of the boys at any of the three spots.  Just disappointed that you didn't get to enjoy them.

I always try to ignore the bad services i had in many places like restaurants, massage, and gogo bars, as long as the thing that i actually go there for, the food, the massage/masseur, and the boys are to my liking. It is such a waste if because of the waiter, u didnt get to enjoy the delicous food, because of the reception or manager, u missed out on great massage session, and because of mamasan, u missed out on the boys. What i would do if i was in your place, i would endure the mamasan, called the boy i like to sit with me, get his contact or off him, arrange subsequent meetings direct with the boy. Of course if u are there to enjoy the boy at the bar, that wont work.

may i say as a relative newbie to this site (but not to all things thai), that everyone has been really helpful, engaging, and energizing in your responses to my dilemma.

i was nervous about putting it out there, as it made me sound like some total newbie incapable of navigating the complicated web that thailand can be --

but based upon the talk here, petty annoyance(s) be damned, i am back to GC to get the guy i wanted that night (would do it tonight, but i am fresh off a wonderful massage experience at ARENA - details upon request!)

may i say as a relative newbie to this site (but not to all things thai), that everyone has been really helpful, engaging, and energizing in your responses to my dilemma.

i was nervous about putting it out there, as it made me sound like some total newbie incapable of navigating the complicated web that thailand can be --

but based upon the talk here, petty annoyance(s) be damned, i am back to GC to get the guy i wanted that night (would do it tonight, but i am fresh off a wonderful massage experience at ARENA - details upon request!)

Please share details! :)

i am back to GC to get the guy i wanted that night

excatly the right move, you are there for boys not mamasan so don't let an  experience with  him derail you

I picked a guy named "James" from south of chiang mai 

now you got me curious,  one of my favorite boys from there was James but in Dec I was told he left for good  so I I wonder if that's the same boy or somebody is using the same nick - your James was twinky or hunky?

I guess nothing easier for me to find out than jumping on the plane but I guess asking is  a bit easier and cheaper

if guy buys himself drink on my   tab without asking me, even if I refuse to pay I'm already pissed off. How one can prevent it? by pretending nothing happened? or just shrugging it off ? I wonder 

It's better to chalk it off to experience  and move on than nursing bitterness. You are right , it was not worth to spoil vacation time by creating a scene , sweet revenge would be re-visit and completely ignore the dickhead.

excatly the right move, you are there for boys not mamasan so don't let an  experience with  him derail you

now you got me curious,  one of my favorite boys from there was James but in Dec I was told he left for good  so I I wonder if that's the same boy or somebody is using the same nick - your James was twinky or hunky?

I guess nothing easier for me to find out than jumping on the plane but I guess asking is  a bit easier and cheaper

"my" James (well, at least for 90 minutes and still in my memory) was definitely a hunky guy!

Re Golden Cock and Super A.

I have been to Super A many times over the years, and never had any problems with staff, nor observed other customers having problems.

Whenever I poked my head into Golden Cock, there was nothing to entice me to buy a drink and stay (low number of boys, none my type, all fully dressed).

Nature Boy, apart from a surge with about 10 boys some years ago, the same problem: low number of boys, none my type, skip.

But all these bars fill a niche, something that cannot be found in Soi Twilight, and half the price of Soi Twilight. Long may it continue!