gaperking

What condo could you recommend in Pattaya?

Heading back to Pattaya. This time thought condo would be nicer than hotel. Staying 3 weeks. Could you make some recommendations? Close enough where action is but doesn't have to be right there. (You can send PM too if you prefer.)

Guest DThump

Currently two things have occured that may affect your ability to rent a condo for a short period in Pattaya. First a Thai court has ruled against what is known as airbnb also a new law has been enacted stipulating that a rental property that is let out for less than 30 days requires a "hotel license".

Currently two things have occured that may affect your ability to rent a condo for a short period in Pattaya. First a Thai court has ruled against what is known as airbnb also a new law has been enacted stpulating that a rental property that is let out for less than 30 days requires a "hotel license".

My condo management at Pratunmak is ignoring the rules. There are signs about the new laws but there are plenty of airbnbs being rented to the detriment of other tenants. Two Russian sluts were fighting in the hallway and their room again today at 600 am and for the next hour after they probably returned from walking street. I will be moving when my lease expires to a place with no short term rentals, if i can find one that is.

Friends who stay in the View Talays 2 and 5 seem to like them and there were short term rooms available when i last checked. View talay 2B is well managed, quiet and has good security.

Center Condotel would be a good choice. It is listed as a hotel and within the rules. Also you could rent for one month which would be cheaper or equal to a daily rate such as for three weeks. Rent for one month and leave in three weeks.  Centrally located to everything.

Send me a PM is interested. But the availability of rooms depends on what time of the year you plan to arrive. Now it is low season and rooms are more available. 

I suppose it depends on the specific appartment & rental company, but my only stay in Centre Condos lasted about 1.5 hours. The grim corridors & horrible appartment were not an option.

I spent 15 minutes contemplating, then the next hour looking for a hotel. I then swiftly moved to the hotel, leaving the sh*t tip appartment behind.

How about looking for something in City Gardens with a good airbnb rating ? Or Mosaic ?

I suppose it depends on the specific appartment & rental company, but my only stay in Centre Condos lasted about 1.5 hours. The grim corridors & horrible appartment were not an option.

I spent 15 minutes contemplating, then the next hour looking.......

Not sure when you were last but Center has undergone a major remodeling of the common areas.

Be aware that Pattaya and all of Thailand is in a upheaval over illegal hotels, guesthouses and condos with short-term rentals. How all this is will playout is uncertain. The other gay boards and thaivisa have threads on this subject.

Guest abang1961

See I wasn't name calling when I mentioned that guy...What has he contributed to this forum except insults?

Someone had the cheek to send me a private message.

Thank you for installing the IGNORE button.. 

To him, leave me alone...in fact, leave this forum alone.

We don't need you around...what good had you brought to this forum?

See I wasn't name calling when I mentioned that guy...What has he contributed to this forum except insults?

A fair question. To answer, I think there is currently no rule against constantly subtracting from the quality of discussion.

Just had a great time in condo in View Talay 7 in Jomtien. It is new and the apartments are gorgeous. Costs about £25 per night. Through airbnb and just stayed for 6 days. No obvious problem with airbnb in Pattaya. Certainly no problem with guests. Whether in day or night the security people not concerned in any way. Nice pool and shops, laundry etc on bottom floor.

Just so people can make an informed decision, the news media here has been reporting raids to illegal hotels, guesthouses and condos in a crackdown and enforcing the > 30 day rule. A registered condominium like View Talay 7 is not a hotel and rentals less than 30 days are illegal. Residents here have been attempting to clamp down on this activity without success but now have backing from the authorities. Airbnb lost a court case in Hua Hin, guesthouses and condos have been raided in Jomtien so progress is being. TiT so changes will not happen overnight but the implementation of the revised Hotel Act has a compliance deadline of 2021 but the crackdown is in progress. You can read about the discussion on the Thaivisa.com Pattaya Forum and this is being discussed on the other gay boards as well.