TotallyOz

Cheapest Airfares I've seen

I once flew single aisle narrow body , namely 737 with Ladeco on Miami -Santiago de Chile route with refueling in Guayaquil, Ecuador , about 8 hrs flight and thought  initially "where;s problem ? " but soon enough  before even that stop on the route is felt very cramped  and I was ready  to jump. I'd prefer normal stopover with changing planes in such a case.

4 hours ago, worldatlarge said:

Can anyone comment on United service on trans-pacific flights?

I've made 10 trans-pacific flights on United in the past year and will make another starting on Wednesday.  I'd put them in the middle of the pack for in flight service.  Business class is decent, similar to Air China.  Premium Economy is slightly roomier than Economy Plus (9 seats across, rather than 10) with a limited menu selection and free drinks.  

Flight crew is usually more mature than other airlines.  Assignments are based on seniority, thus the "mature" approach.  Between take-off drink and meal service, and the arrival service one doesn't see too much of the cabin crew, they come by with water and there is a snack half way through the flight.  

Biggest gripe is the tendency to neglect the toilet areas which are less than pleasant after about five hours into the flight.

On-time record is exceptional (at least from SFO).

I'm a million miler so I have early boarding and some other perks.  I like ANA and really like EVA.  I've used my UA miles for flights on EVA.