Badboy81

Whats New In Bangkok...Not interested in boys

Flying to Bangkok tomorrow for shopping....

Disclaimer...I have been to BKK many times and was there in March

I am interested in learning anything that is new since March besides BOYS...I don't have sex in Bangkok and only had two encounters over my many trips, with only one being a Thai guy...

I will definitely hit up the updated Night Train Market as well as IconSiam...

Any other suggestions would be appreciated...

I a got all the touristy stuff out of the way my first few trips so interested in anything that would be new or different...

Thanks...

1 hour ago, Badboy81 said:

I am interested in learning anything that is new since March besides BOYS...

There’s a new lady bar on Patpong 2. The Crown Royal steak house has been cut in half and Extreme bar now occupies the other half.

King’s Corner lady show bar has a new entrance facing onto Patpong 2. 

Stickman reports that, contrary to reports, Hooters on Silom remains open.

On 11/12/2019 at 9:47 AM, vinapu said:

new MRT line from Hualampong across the river with impressive Sanam Chai station

glass floor atop of Maha Nakhon building

27 new locations of  7/11 stores scattered all over the Bangkok for your shopping needs

But also at least 4 7s have closed without replacement. The newest are far better though-larger, more variety esp. in fresh food, and you can sit at a counter to eat inside. They even have learnt that farang dont want automatic bags around everything.

Now since 5/12 also BTS further extended to Kasert and MRT as trial on the western ring toward PATA.

Assuming you have already seen IconSiam then the new MRT line will offer new experiences. The new Sanam Chai station is fabulous and let's you explore Chinatown. Both the new MRT and BTS lines offer new shopping opportunities (new Megamalls too) not known to most tourists. 

9 hours ago, Uranus said:

From a social anthropologist view: Arriving in Bangkok from somewhere in the world to travel on the MRT and Skytrain. Interesting. 

Actually there are many cities in the world without subways and many countries without railways, even in Thailand's  vicinity so MRT, Skytrain and even old humble Hualampong my be quite a tourist attraction for somebody coming from those places. 

Speaking from personal experience, back in 1997 biggest highlight of my trip to UK was same day,  round trip from London to Paris on the train under La Manche ( English ) channel, big rail novelty those days.

Agreed.   I sampled both the MRT extension and the glass viewing platform recently.

The MRT extension, is of course primarily a more convenient way to explore China town and a few other places.  Plus visit an old favourite restaurant.  On the walk back to Silom, I found some very interesting scrap metal dealers.

There are plenty of old things I haven't properly explored yet.