emiel1981

Where to go for back waxing in BKK

Till now I was only reading things in this forum, never posted something.

But... I would like your advice on something. Beginning of January I will travel around SE-Asia for two months, off course starting in BKK. Would like to go to a good salon to get my back waxed. Looking for recommendations on where to go, including price indications if possible.

Thanks a lot guys!

Wow, 10 days ago already and noone answered. Cannot give any rec from myself, but you will be spoilt for choice, that is, at least in the touristy parts of BKK-big city. Prices vary (a lot) and do not reflect any better experience-as with about anything here in TH. They reflect nicer and shinier and thus more costly surroundings. But I´ve seen many with advertised prices in roughly the 3-700 Thb range for such parts. IF the place advertises in gay media or so, add a few 100 extra just for this and do not expect anything better treatment, but more handsome guys to do the job.

FRankly, I think its just as massage: its just a lotteree and you dont knwo what you get untill its done. It might be an awfully long ago well-trained (and thus likely beyond prime years) older lady or someone fresh on the job without a clue what to do.

(I once was surprised that whithin a down market Thai ex-dept.store turned into a shopping paradise some 20 kms away from Silom, there was such a shop also advertsing ´bum crack´ in its pricelist with brazil wax for I think it was 300 bt.

@emiel1981, it has been a year, but me and my friends usually go to Cutey and Beauty, the salon in Thaniya Plaza third floor.

https://www.cuteyandbeauty.com

A trip down memory lane for me:

On 10/12/2016 at 4:57 AM, numazu said:

He asks where will I go for a haircut. I tell him my favorite has always been Cutey and Beauty in Thaniya Plaza. I like going to this salon, because you can go here for not just a haircut, but also your waxing, manicure and pedicure and foot massage needs. I usually go the morning after I arrive from America for some much needed pampering. I get a fresh haircut, maybe a mani and pedi, and sometimes a foot massage and a facial. At their website at http://cuteyandbeauty.com/service.php they have a couple of “Jet Lag” specials obviously marketed to the upmarket farang. The prices are not cheap, but for the visiting farang, it is still cheaper than comparable service back home.

Walking through Soi Thaniya is always a treat. It always looks different in the day as it does at night. We head into the building and take the escalators up to the 3rd floor to the Cutey and Beauty floor. We go through the golf supply stores and kiosks that litter the floor. It was BurBoy’s first time in this plaza so he was curiously scanning the area. He looks at the merchandise and looks me and asks “What is golf?” I point to some photos and explain what golf was. He asks if I played golf. I said I didn’t, but maybe in the future.

I second numazu's recommendation. Advantage: it's a gay shop. I just went a couple of days ago and got whole back, stomach and armpits for 500 baht, though the previous time a month or so ago they charged 800 for the same (the hair may have been longer and therefore looked more than last time).
The Burmese guy that used to work at my previous go-to place Up2 Hair Salon (now closed) has recently started at Cutey&Beautey, too. But this last time I got another guy assigned to me and he wasn't as thorough as the Burmese one used to be at Up2. Next time I will make an advance reservation with the Burmese. His name is Yee.

There is also WaxLava on the ground floor of Silom Plaza (where Arena massage is; not to be confused with Silom Complex), which is men only. They are more expensive, so I haven't tried them, but they offer a wide range of different types of wax for different body areas. Maybe that's better, I don't know. see https://www.waxlava.com/

One of our forum members (forgot who) swears by La Nature Waxing on Rama 4, see website for services and prices: 
 http://lanaturebangkok.com/main/3018/index.asp?pageid=194&t=men-s-body-waxing

A quick  google maps search for "waxing" also found this men-only place I've never heard of before: RE:BORN Waxing https://www.instagram.com/reborn_waxing/  (seems a bit more expensive than Cutey & Beautey)

Excerpt from the La Nature FAQs:

Q : Do I need to do anything before my waxing appointment?
A : Yes. Please be showered and clean before coming to your wax appointment (especially if you are having your butt waxed)! There's no excuse for lack of hygiene in this situation. It's not like you've suddenly been caught with your pants down. Wash your bits please, with soap and water.

On 12/19/2019 at 8:22 AM, vinapu said:

thank you for the link,. finally I learned difference between bikini and Brazilian wax, always thought it's same same

Such understanding should now prevent any painful misunderstandings when you order ?