msclelovr

Boytoyflirt.com

• Members

Glad to hear I'm not alone. I've got sixteen (!) emails from them in the past five days. The domain name links to a strip mall office in Calabasas.

I'm not sure if it's related to this site or not, though I'd think OZ would let us know if he was going to give our email addresses to a webcam site, even one of his own.

There's a link at the bottom of the emails that allegedly allows you to unsubscribe, but I've heard that spammers actually want you to try unsubscribing. That lets them verify that it's a valid email address, and makes it more valuable to sell to other spammers.

I avoided logging into this site for a couple of days to see if that would make it go away, but no luck. They have now become my most ardent email correspondent.

So sorry, this is our site. I didn't know they sent so many emails as we don't control that. My apologies for that. Boytoyflirt.com is our sister site. It is owned by us but ran by VS Media, the same as the boy images at the top of all the pages. It is a safe site to visit as it is Flirt 4 Free.

Guest CharliePS

Weird that I didn't get any of the emails.

Probably because, like me, you do not have an email address listed in your profile here (I haven't received anything from them either).

• Members

. . . this is our site. I didn't know they sent so many emails as we don't control that. . . . Boytoyflirt.com is our sister site. It is owned by us but ran by VS Media . . .

I'm still not clear who, besides this site, has my email address. And I'm not sure what a 'sister site' is if it's controlled by somebody else.

Specifically, does VS Media now have my email address, and are they free to use it as they see fit and to pass it along to other sites?

And, if this site fathers a 'sister site' in, say, Abuja, will my email address be passed along as part of the dowry?

Probably because, like me, you do not have an email address listed in your profile here (I haven't received anything from them either).

My email address is not listed in my profile. I did have email 'notifications' turned on, in case a site member ever wanted to send me an email, although it was my understanding that the email would be routed to me through this site and they would not actually see my email address until I responded to them. Just in case, I have now turned all of my email notifications off.

I know some folks have dozens of email addresses and pass them out like Halloween candy, but I've only ever had one and I try to keep track of where it goes. This is the biggest bunch of spam I've received since a Mr. Jonathan Priestley, Esq., decided he had stumbled onto 50 Million Dollars, U. S. Currency, that was rightfully mine and was eager to see that I got it.

That also did not turn out well.

I want to be sure everyone understand what we did and options.

We did not sell anyone's email address. We never have and we never will. We created a site called boytoyflirt.com and our programmers imported these emails into their system to run this for us. We did this with the assurance that these emails will never be exchanged with anyone else and with the understanding that anyone can opt out of the emails at anytime. To opt out, simply hit the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the emails.

I have had an account with Flirt for years and usually only get one email per week. I did not ask if this would be more and if it is, I apologize.

We will not sell anyone's email address to anyone ever. We did not do that. Our goal for MER and for this site was to have the flirt and one video store. The flirt site has been active for a bit but the video store is not built as it requires a physical location and we have not done this yet. Revenue here has never been great but it is a site I love and want to flourish. I spent about 90 percent of my time on this site and the revenue from it is about 2 percent of my income. :smile: I say this not to make anyone feel bad for me or to ask for donations or help. I say it to tell you that I am truly committed to making this site amazing and better every year. We have great posters on this site and we want to do everything in our power to make the site not only great but also a money maker. We believe the site is great not, but we were trying to full fill its destiny for a money maker. :smile: I truly would not offend anyone if I had thought someone would be upset with the flirt site.

For the Video store (perhaps 5 months to 5 years down the road), we will be sure to send an email to have people opt out initially. I honestly did not think of that for boytoyflirt.com and if I did, I would have done it differently.

Our Privacy Policy has always stated that we can share emails and account information with our known advertisers. However, it was never our intent to make anyone feel uncomfortable. Truly, it wasn't and I do apologize if this has happened with this. But, I assure you that this will not happen in the future.

As for the emails themselves, if you do not wish to get them, please just hit the unsubscribe button at the bottom and you will not get them any longer.

My sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

• Members

I have more than one email address for business and for personal reasons. I do not ordinarily open any email from a site I do not recognize or if not recommended by another. I know that is not a complete guarantee of anything but is a small step towards minimizing intrusions.

Thanks for the explanation. I have no problem with this approach as explained.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest CharliePS

Well, I just got my first email from boyflirt, even though my email address is not on my profile here, and strangely, it was to my private address, not the one I always use for commercial correspondence. I went to "unsubscribe" immediately, and hope it works.

Well, I just got my first email from boyflirt, even though my email address is not on my profile here, and strangely, it was to my private address, not the one I always use for commercial correspondence. I went to "unsubscribe" immediately, and hope it works.

If it was your private email, it was the one you used to register for the site. There is no other way it would have been sent to you.

The unsubscribe will work. ^_^

Guest CharliePS

If it was your private email, it was the one you used to register for the site. There is no other way it would have been sent to you.

The unsubscribe will work. :smile:

Aha! The truth will finally out: I did not register for this site. A friend who had only my private email address registered me here, to persuade me to start posting.

Guest CharliePS

Can you forward me the name of that friend? I owe him a dinner!

I'm sure he will reveal himself if you offer a delicious pad thai appetizer followed by chicken in green curry sauce.

Guest hitoallusa

Yum.. Is that Lucky's favorite dish? I can cook that for him...

I'm sure he will reveal himself if you offer a delicious pad thai appetizer followed by chicken in green curry sauce.