Lucky

Ambiance Hotel Pattaya

• Members

Since I have been to Thailand so many times, I considered myself lucky to have found the Ambiance Hotel in Pattaya's Boystown. The prices were good, the hotel was clean, albeit simple, and you could bring boys to the room with no problem. I must have stayed there 8 times.

But, the last time I noticed differences The staff was not as friendly, the bed cover had stains although it had clearly been sent to the wash. The stains were of the appearance, and in the location, that one could reasonably conclude that they were semen stains. On top of that, there was a serious bug problem. I didn't stay long.

But I liked the location, and no other hotel of the original quality of the Ambiance, in Boystown, that allowed guests is on my llist. The owners who made the Ambiance such a success had bought a new place, which is nice, but not in Boystown or near anything I wanted to be near.

So I come asking for advice. Has anyone stayed at the Ambiance lately? Can you suggest, from personal experience, another hotel?

The fact is that I don't like Pattaya so much. I enjoy the gay beach at Jomtien, and occasionally I meet a lad who inspires my erotic nature. I could just stay in a luxury hotel in Bangkok, but I am already doing that.

Pattaya is known for the youthfulness of its available boys. That's a problem for me as I like collegiate guys, and you can find one or two there. (Obviously I am not staying long.) And frankly, the boys can be generally categorized as scrawny. But, I enjoy the search for pearls as much as the next guy.

If you can help me, I will photograph the cutest guy I hire and post it here, just for you.

• Members

I've only changed planes in Bangkok, so may I ask you for your advice please. I too like collegiate guys, say 21+ who have fit, muscled bodies. Are they more likely to be found in Bangkok than elsewhere in Thailand? And what good luxury hotel and area would you recommend in the city?

• Members

Sawatdee is strictly a message Board and only provides personal opinions. Go to www.gaythailand.com if you want both a comprehensive listing of Gay Businesses and a message board.

Lucky your list of the Top 15 on Trip Advisor is way too restrictive. There are far more wonderful and luxurious hotels in Bangkok then 15.

I just spent a 2nd stay at the CourtYard by Marriott which is a delightful place to stay and I am sure is not in the top 15. And once again as in 95% of the Hotels in Bangkok I paraded boys into the Hotel with nary a glance from anybody and certainly no additional charges.

In Jomtien you could try The Avenue or East Suites which as 99% of the Hotels in Pattaya would have no problems with visitors.

Some friends stayed at "The Classroom Hotel", just opposite The Penthouse.

The Classrooms is a small place above a very straight hotel, but the rooms were nice, spacious and clean. Of course no problems bringing boys back.

Guest Paragon

Sawatdee is strictly a message Board and only provides personal opinions. Go to www.gaythailand.com if you want both a comprehensive listing of Gay Businesses and a message board.

Lucky your list of the Top 15 on Trip Advisor is way too restrictive. There are far more wonderful and luxurious hotels in Bangkok then 15.

I just spent a 2nd stay at the CourtYard by Marriott which is a delightful place to stay and I am sure is not in the top 15. And once again as in 95% of the Hotels in Bangkok I paraded boys into the Hotel with nary a glance from anybody and certainly no additional charges.

In Jomtien you could try The Avenue or East Suites which as 99% of the Hotels in Pattaya would have no problems with visitors.

Based upon what firecat said, I recommended the Courtyard to my sister, who is in Bangkok for the first time. She is thrilled with the hotel, so thanks firecat.