TotallyOz

Loy Krathong 2008

Don't forget this amazing holiday on the first full moon in November. I have made it to many and the beaches are packed with party goers and revelers. Fireworks are loud and in abundance. I hope that everyone gets a little piece of this amazing holiday.

I have always enjoyed the Pattaya Loy Kathong and the beach. The fireworks are fun and the boys seem to have a blast. If your boy special has a "special" boy or girl, it is also nice to invite them along as it is an important holiday for them. I always take a group to the beach and treat them to dinner and fireworks and then they go off with their friends for the night. Sadly, I go home almost alone. :)

Guest lvdkeyes
I don't see how that's possible. Loy Krathong takes place on only one day per year anywhere in Asia.

You might want to have a look at the following web site:

http://nyenoona.wordpress.com/2008/01/22/k...thong-festivals

This is not entirely correct. I was in Chiang Mai for Loy Krathong last year and it lasted for 3 days with loads of people send krathongs down the river and sending up the lanterns. The last night was with a fabulous street parade with huge beautifully lighted krathongs.

I will be in bangkok that night. Is there somewhere we could go to launch a candle?

My advice is to skip whatever may be going on down by the river. Instead, go to Lumpini Park. There will be a pleasant crowd and many different krathong on sale. Enjoy walking around the lakes and pick a spot where the breeze is taking them out from shore. I went last year and thought it was very romantic.

My advice is to skip whatever may be going on down by the river. Instead, go to Lumpini Park. There will be a pleasant crowd and many different krathong on sale. Enjoy walking around the lakes and pick a spot where the breeze is taking them out from shore. I went last year and thought it was very romantic.

Perfect, I know where that is. :D Thank you.

Guest MonkeySee

Lumpini Park would be a nice place, but you will see young couples launching lighted rafts all over the canals of Bangkok.

Loy Krathong is a very beautiful holiday. The Thais believe floating the raft will bring good luck. It symbolizes letting go of your grudges and angers. It also, not only honors Buddha, but also the Goddess of Water that provides the rain so that the land will produce food to feed the people. I hope a few people will post some pictures of this memorable holiday.