mvan1

Lagoa - Sao Paulo - packed (cheio)

• Members

Over the past decade or so, I have visited Sao Paulo's sauna Lagoa hundreds of times.

Until tonight, I never saw Lagoa so busy and filled with so many absolutely gorgeous guys as there were tonight - there were dozens of them!

I realize that Brazil has a high unemployment rate and that the economy in Brazil is "in the pits" so to speak. However, I never realized that the lack of work would result in countless gorgeous hunks choosing to make a living, albeit temporary, being garotos (rent-men) at a gay sauna. Not that I am complaining, mind you.

The newer guys on the scene at Lagoa readily admit they are there because they recently became unemployed and have bills to pay and families to support and, they have to survive.

The only negative aspect of the place tonight being so crowded was the necessity to wait for a private room to visit with a chosen garoto.

I left Lagoa around ten-thirty tonight. I would have stayed longer except I was with friends who had to get back to their hotel to meet with garotos who planned to spend the night with them or at least visit with them at their hotel.

Although it is sad that Brazil's terrible economy caused high unemployment and put people out of work, one garoto I talked with tonight told me that he and several of his friends don't mind losing their jobs because they make more money at the sauna and they work less hours.

The Brazilian government recently raised the minimum wage to R$880.00 monthly (roughly $220.00 monthly U.S. equivalent).

Considering the low earnings in a traditional job compared to what a garoto makes at a sauna, the choice for the garoto is not difficult.

• Members

looks like you had better luck than me or you were just too easy to please. LOL.

I was at Logoa tonight from 7 PM till the show ended at arond 11 something.

IMHO, although it was packed, but there were more customers than boys. And the boys, lets just say , I think the boys in Rio are in better shape than Sao Paulo. There were probably only 3 boys that I would consider having sex with, the rest I would not touch them even if they pay me. Many of them are definitely way over 30 (and they looked more like customers than boys, lol). It is a depressing scene. And they speak ZERO English. Thank god I have my Google translator. I asked one boy his price with gozar, he wanted R300, then came down to 200 and would not do less. I walkwd away and did not counter his price as I see no point of doing that. I pay 100 or 120 the most in Rio for gozar.

BTW, the boy who wanted R300 still stood there without any customer when I walked out the door.

BTW, I wanted to order beef steak sandwich, but they were out of beef steak, so I ordered chicken instead. The meat wass hard and dry, just terrible.

I arrived in SP on Thursday night, it has been raining and grey. very depressing climate. I cant believe people wear long sleeves or even jackets here in summer. This is my first time in SP, and I have to say I am not impressed.

• Members

The style here Rio de JAneiro now is too wear button-down, long-sleeved shirts (camisa social) rolled up to the elbow if one wants to appear well-dressed, in contrast to those from poorer neighborhoods or the favelados.

Cheio is full. True. Estomago cheio. Full stomach.

But a much better word would be "lotado" for a packed sauna.

• Members

I was referring to people wear long sleeves because of the cold summer temperature in SP, not the style.

I am sure you love to wear botton down long sleeve shirts and long pants at Ipenema beach posto 9. And you sure can dress up to impress the boys at suana too if you like. ????????????

BTW, I went to Bubu lounge after Lagoa, and had a blast, lots of shirtless eye candies!!! Everybody was happy. ????????????

• Members

looks like you had better luck than me or you were just too easy to please. LOL.

I was at Logoa tonight from 7 PM till the show ended at arond 11 something.

IMHO, although it was packed, but there were more customers than boys. And the boys, lets just say , I think the boys in Rio are in better shape than Sao Paulo. There were probably only 3 boys that I would consider having sex with, the rest I would not touch them even if they pay me. Many of them are definitely way over 30 (and they looked more like customers than boys, lol). It is a depressing scene. And they speak ZERO English. Thank god I have my Google translator. I asked one boy his price with gozar, he wanted R300, then came down to 200 and would not do less. I walkwd away and did not counter his price as I see no point of doing that. I pay 100 or 120 the most in Rio for gozar.

BTW, the boy who wanted R300 still stood there without any customer when I walked out the door.

BTW, I wanted to order beef steak sandwich, but they were out of beef steak, so I ordered chicken instead. The meat wass hard and dry, just terrible.

I arrived in SP on Thursday night, it has been raining and grey. very depressing climate. I cant believe people wear long sleeves or even jackets here in summer. This is my first time in SP, and I have to say I am not impressed.

Scott, are you mostly into very young looking twinks? If so, Lagoa would not be the place for you. That sauna is a Mecca for masculine muscle studs.

Also, it's not cool to hold the fact that Brazilians don't speak any English against them or the local business establishment. Brazilians speak Portuguese. Unless you want to come across as an "Ugly American", it should be your responsibility to try to speak the native tongue of Brazil when you are a guest in the country -- not vice versa.

• Members

I am simply stating they dont speak any English and I thank god I have Google translator. Nothing against them, In fact, I think I should find a way to learn Portugese. I have met some boys at 117 who can speak a little English.

As I said previously, Lagoa boys are not in good shape, most of them are just slim or average body, and average looking too. Only very few muscular type. Most boys are not young. I don't know where you get that muscular Lagoa studs from?

BTW, 117 boys may show their meats to you when they approach you. At lagoa, many boys even wear boxers under their towls. Nobody was showing their penis, its a very uptight group of boys, in my opinion.

I do find Scott456 observation interesting, because while i have never been a big fan of Lagoa and in fact from 2001 - 2008 probably only went there 6 or 7 times, but then starting in 2009 started flying out of S.P. back to the states each trip so would go there the night of my flight back home, and while they always had way more muscle guys then any other sauna and more guys older then 25 , they always had a fair number of guys 20-25 and definitely most in very good shape. The last two trips I made this past September and December i spent 2 and 3 days there and was impressed with not only the number of guys but the number of them between 18 -23 and the fact they were "athletic" type builds rather then muscle/steriod guys.

I do realize that any of us can look at the same guy and have totally different opinions, this happens with a couple of my good friends who i travel with, one of us will look at a guy and say "wow, he's hot" and one of us will say "really? you think so, i don't"! lol

but i have never heard anyone say on a busy night there that there was only 2 or 3 guys they would do and have never heard anyone say most were not good looking or just average! if anything people would say most guys there are muscular or too muscular. I would say the last two trips it was split 50/50 between muscular and athletic builds. the nights i was there on Friday and Saturday there were over 30+ guys each night. but i have been going long enough to the saunas that things can change regarding the types off guys that frequent the saunas and with the economic troubles Brazil is having i can see where maybe a lot of guys who are more average have decided to try making extra money working at the sauna, who knows? I will be back in a little over a month and will be spending a weekend in SP and will find out.

A guy who i met there last trip is actually coming up to spend the week with me in Rio and i have never done that before, so i guess you could say i found Lagoa good that night! :rofl:

• Members

I have to agree with TomCal. It just seems to me that perhaps Scott is allowing his unsuccessful night at Lagoa dimly color his view of the quality of the garotos there. It's one thing to say that you didn't find what you were looking for (when you may be primarily interested in very young, barely-legal-looking skinny twinks), or that the deals couldn't be consummated. However, it's a completely different thing to say that the guys there were disproportionately average, out of shape and not muscular -- when the sauna is notorious for having very handsome and muscular garotos. When you say the latter, you're asserting that the sauna is no longer supplying what it is famous for -- and that's a fairly serious charge.

• Members

I am simply stating they dont speak any English and I thank god I have Google translator. Nothing against them, In fact, I think I should find a way to learn Portugese. I have met some boys at 117 who can speak a little English.

As I said previously, Lagoa boys are not in good shape, most of them are just slim or average body, and average looking too. Only very few muscular type. Most boys are not young. I don't know where you get that muscular Lagoa studs from?

BTW, 117 boys may show their meats to you when they approach you. At lagoa, many boys even wear boxers under their towls. Nobody was showing their penis, its a very uptight group of boys, in my opinion.

-

I am wondering if you intended your posting about Lagoa as a joke, that most of us missed. I wonder this because your statements about the physical attributes and behavior of the garotos are erroneous.

It is not surprising that Brazilians do not speak English. There is little, if any, need for Brazilians to learn a foreign language, considering their small percentage of exposure to foreigners. Remember, you are visiting them in their country, not vice versa.

"Lagoa boys are not in good shape?" This statement is certainly in contrast with most prior posters who described the garotos at Lagoa. Unquestionably, your opinion of Lagoa is in the minority who have reported here about Lagoa garotos.

As to your statement "Nobody was showing their penis, its a very uptight group of boys, in my opinion." I must ask you where you were last night? In the newly remodeled area right next to the area where food and beverage is served, there is a sitting area where many garotos were sitting and masturbating, attempting to attract clients. How could you have missed that? Also, upstairs there are two areas where guys remove their towel and masturbate while hoping to attract clients. Again, how could you have missed that?

Please tell us that you were joking and that you did not miss all the above described activities that happened at Lagoa last night. In short, tell us that your statement "Nobody was showing their penis, its a very uptight group of boys, in my opinion." was a big joke.

-

Guest sean77030

Ok I don't usually posted here, but I am thankful for Scott post because I felt the same like Scott when I was there in december..Scott maybe you and I have the same taste in guy. I booked hotel for 5 night, after 3 might I went back to rio.

• Members

Ok I don't usually posted here, but I am thankful for Scott post because I felt the same like Scott when I was there in december..Scott maybe you and I have the same taste in guy. I booked hotel for 5 night, after 3 might I went back to rio.

Again, there is another large sauna with garotos in São Paulo that might have had garotos that are more to your liking. It is called Fragata. If you were there for 3 nights, you should've checked it out and done some comparison shopping.

• Members

I think it is great that different people have different opinions about the same or similar facts or incidents.

Quite simply, as the famous philosopher Plato said “Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder” which simply means we each see things in our own manner.

I have just one question of you. Do you also agree that the guys at Lagoa did not show their penis, as Scott said? And that they are "an uptight group of boys?"

Just curious.

• Members

Again, there is another large sauna with garotos in São Paulo that might have had garotos that are more to your liking. It is called Fragata. If you were there for 3 nights, you should've checked it out and done some comparison shopping.

Fragata closes at 8 pm on weekends...WTF!!

Good thing that I Googled before I headed out.

I had such a good time at Bubu lounge last night, I didn't get up until 6PM today. LOL.

btw, the bathroom at Bubu lounge was fun too. I was pulled by a muscular pardo guy, but his penis is the size of a 3yo boy. I was horrified and I rushed out of the bathroom. LOL

On my way to dinner this eve, I saw a big lady singing opra on Avenida Paulista, which is nice. Sao Paulo indeed has some culture. I gave her R5,00.

• Members

I do find Scott456 observation interesting, because while i have never been a big fan of Lagoa and in fact from 2001 - 2008 probably only went there 6 or 7 times, but then starting in 2009 started flying out of S.P. back to the states each trip so would go there the night of my flight back home, and while they always had way more muscle guys then any other sauna and more guys older then 25 , they always had a fair number of guys 20-25 and definitely most in very good shape. The last two trips I made this past September and December i spent 2 and 3 days there and was impressed with not only the number of guys but the number of them between 18 -23 and the fact they were "athletic" type builds rather then muscle/steriod guys.

I do realize that any of us can look at the same guy and have totally different opinions, this happens with a couple of my good friends who i travel with, one of us will look at a guy and say "wow, he's hot" and one of us will say "really? you think so, i don't"! lol

but i have never heard anyone say on a busy night there that there was only 2 or 3 guys they would do and have never heard anyone say most were not good looking or just average! if anything people would say most guys there are muscular or too muscular. I would say the last two trips it was split 50/50 between muscular and athletic builds. the nights i was there on Friday and Saturday there were over 30+ guys each night. but i have been going long enough to the saunas that things can change regarding the types off guys that frequent the saunas and with the economic troubles Brazil is having i can see where maybe a lot of guys who are more average have decided to try making extra money working at the sauna, who knows? I will be back in a little over a month and will be spending a weekend in SP and will find out.

A guy who i met there last trip is actually coming up to spend the week with me in Rio and i have never done that before, so i guess you could say i found Lagoa good that night! :rofl:

• Members

As usual Tomcal has the perfect insight on all things Brazilian. If you like pretty boys (muscular or not) Lagoa is the place to be, boys that you don't see in any Rio sauna. Lots of attitude,should be added and Rio boys are warmer, other than that Lagoa all the way. Full disclosure: I was not there THAT night.

• Members

As usual Tomcal has the perfect insight on all things Brazilian. If you like pretty boys (muscular or not) Lagoa is the place to be, boys that you don't see in any Rio sauna. Lots of attitude,should be added and Rio boys are warmer, other than that Lagoa all the way. Full disclosure: I was not there THAT night.

• Members

I have said this before. But, unless you speak Portugese, there would be a lot of awkward silent moments. After all, you can't have sex every minute you are awake, or maybe you can. LOL.

I have said this before. But, unless you speak Portugese, there would be a lot of awkward silent moments. After all, you can't have sex every minute you are awake, or maybe you can. LOL.

Well i have to disagree! My portuguese is limited but i always do overnights and dinners every night i am there with the guys and i cant really recall any "awkard silent moments" i actually took a video (which a 1/2 dozen or so members on here have seen that suhows me and 4 guys at a bar in Ipanema having a great time) and with a few key words and gestures its amazing what you can communicate! But you may have more experiences then me so i will defer to your opinion!

Fragata closes at 8 pm on weekends...WTF!!

Good thing that I Googled before I headed out.

It closes at midnight.... the google listing is wrong, should've gone to their website instead.

I have fun at both saunas but have a preference for Fragata, I like the regular guy on the street look and younger.... however, their rooms suck. Been told they are going to do a huge renovation, so hopefully the rooms will improve.

• Members

Yesterday afternoon, I saw a large older white man and a young pardo garotos sitting at the outdoor chair/table by Farme and Vuscinde. There was no conversation going on. The young guy obvious has a bored look on his face.