lookin

What's up?

• Members

Thanks for the motivation Lookin. I bought this little beauty about a year ago (yes I fell for the infomercial. Like yourself I noticed an immediate boost of energy and sex drive (wink wink). The little dancer boys went crazy, and now, well now I'm a freakin legend. But lately I've been off my game.

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Mb60500285147eea23e126e85bce57705o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

I have a short attention span, and yes, feeding this beast meant being constantly vigilant every time I went shopping. It was a never ending supply of veggies. I eventually lost interest, and Domino's was on speed dial. As of today, it is collecting dust on the kitchen counter..BUT BUT BUT I am suddenly motivated by your post, so I'm going to dust it off and see if the motor will fire up. I just added spinach, kale, carrots, chard, beets (yuck) apples (see Gman's thread on Daddy's) and parsley to my Trader Joe's shopping list. You have to be carefull with parsley. Wonderful addition to the blender but a small amount will over power anything else you add to it.

I think I can already feel a little tingle coming on down there.:P

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/753/20756925244_3577a39649_m.jpg

• Members
7 hours ago, MsAnn said:

. . . feeding this beast meant being constantly vigilant every time I went shopping. It was a never ending supply of veggies. I eventually lost interest . . .

That's where Costco comes in handy.  The power greens are in one bag, carrots in another, tomatoes in a box, and each is about four bucks.  The combo lasts about two weeks, which is as often as I go to Costco.  Even then, as you say, you can start to feel like a greengrocer.

5451168869_b0b0bd619f_b.jpg

Glad to hear that the energy boost wasn't just a figment of my imagination.  I look forward to trying some of your enhancements.

Chase-Mathews-Cocktail-GoGoBoy.jpg

Come here, Parsley-breath!

• Members

Thanks for the info on Costco. Unfortunately the Costco here is two freeway exits away, and I won't make the trip, but Trader Joe's just opened a new store around the corner, and I've always been a big fan. I know I dropped the ball on my diet and i'm anxious to get things rolling again...all the best

1 hour ago, MsAnn said:

Thanks for the info on Costco. Unfortunately the Costco here is two freeway exits away, and I won't make the trip, but Trader Joe's just opened a new store around the corner, and I've always been a big fan. I know I dropped the ball on my diet and i'm anxious to get things rolling again...all the best

You sound like me. :D These days when I drop something, more and more it's a serious calculation whether it's worth bending over to pick it up.

Agree Trader Joe's is great!

• Members

Oh God, all that veggie and fruit shit sounds disgusting.  I would barf.  You guys are trying so hard to be Millenials and have suck-cummed to the propaganda...

Grandma gets her energy from a daily dose of Malomars cookies, and if you want I can also break you off a piece of that Kit Kat bar ?   If I wanted to eat Earths Bounty, I'd live in a field....

Kudos to all of you trying to live a better and healthier life...   I'm just trying to live a TASTIER one, and since not many years left,  Fuck all that Health.   Doctors are putting so much artifical crap in my body trying to keep me alive,  who am I to deny them with Natural stuff ?  :ike:.   

• Members
On 5/29/2018 at 5:29 AM, Suckrates said:

You guys ... have suck-cummed to the propaganda...

Grandma gets her energy from a daily dose of Malomars cookies, and if you want I can also break you off a piece of that Kit Kat bar ?   If I wanted to eat Earths Bounty, I'd live in a field.

Sufferin' suck-otash has no need of a Blendtec ... yet.

Guest leakyleaks
On 9/3/2016 at 7:11 AM, lookin said:

Every day, I started throwing in a big fistful of power greens (spinach, kale, chard), another fistful of baby carrots, a tomato, a handful of frozen berries, a scoop of high-quality protein powder, and enough water to make a shake-like consistency.  Hitting the “smoothie” button produced, in less than a minute, a decent-tasting drink that took care of all the nutritional good stuff that had been missing from my diet.  I then felt free to eat whatever else I felt like during the day, knowing that the basics were taken care of.

I tried doing this but I could never get it just right. It always came out gross - gloppy from the protein powder, tasted awful, etc.  What is your secret recipe?

I gave up on the blender vegetables, and now I get V8's and similar pre-mixed juices. Take a multivitamin pill every day and wash it down with a cup of V8 (or equivalent juice). Tastes a whole lot better.

• Members
On 7/17/2018 at 4:37 AM, leakyleaks said:

I tried doing this but I could never get it just right. It always came out gross - gloppy from the protein powder, tasted awful, etc.  What is your secret recipe?

For the gloppiness, just add more water.

For the taste, there's only one workaround I've found so far.  :rolleyes:

image.png