Tomcal

New Sauna in Rio

• Members

Oh this is bad.

I'm in Rio the week after the new place opens - which night should I go to the different saunas!

The new place though seems just a walk away from both 117 and New Meio Mundo (I'm a quick walker!).

Any ideas on what nights will be busy at each sauna after this place opens?

2 hours ago, Riobard said:

Tom, you mean Cinelandia Metro stop ... Candelaria is the VLT stop near New Meio Mundo. The nearest VLT stop to 215 Beira Mar is Antonio Carlos if you are hitting the club after sights further north on the VLT line. 

Anyway, interesting. 

You are right Sorry. it is about 3 blocks from CINELANDIA metro stop!  thanks!!

• Members
3 hours ago, redxs said:

Any ideas on what nights will be busy at each sauna after this place opens?

That would require a Cristal ball. A new place might completely throw a spanner in the works of our well oiled Monday at 202, Tuesday at 117, Wednesday back at 202, etc.

Or it might not at all, and Manhattan Rio might be busy on a slow day in the other 2 places.   

You are asking for something than I don’t think can be predicted!

• Members
27 minutes ago, Tartegogo said:

That would require a Cristal ball. A new place might completely throw a spanner in the works of our well oiled Monday at 202, Tuesday at 117, Wednesday back at 202, etc.

Or it might not at all, and Manhattan Rio might be busy on a slow day in the other 2 places.   

You are asking for something than I don’t think can be predicted!

Hmmm is anyone on the ground and able to provide regular reports from Friday... lol

• Members

One thing I do predict, though, is that the first week will be unrepresentative of future weeks, as the boys come in in large numbers for the opening party, and only after that has settled down, they will decide if they like the place and if there are enough customers to get them some business.

1 hour ago, Riobard said:

But NMM will be shuttered, no? Tom?

Meo Mundo will continue but it will be operated by Acir’s business partner and i think more as a bar, drag queen shows and the rent boys still there on a small scale!  Whether it will suceed to me is doubtful.

Acir will operate the new sauna as a sole owner.

• Members

An idea for now that the sauna scene in Rio will again be a cut- throat business: somebody should bring back the "boys nus" nights, the once legendary and heavenly night of totally naked garotos at 117. Some 202 boys already do it on occasion, just have to make it mandatory, once a week, either there or elsewhere, competition will be fierce. Survival of the fittest, pun intended.

Gotti that was actually started at Meo Mundo and then 117 started but on the nights they did it they had Blue lights strung up so it was more limited viewing after a few months they found out that it didn’t change much or add revenue! the boys that run around naked or with their towel in hand did it naked whether it was no towel night or not!   ! 

• Members

This is regarding Tomcal reply to the "naked boys" post:

Another era another trial! Plus is a way to differentiate from the others. Can anyone stand to the same 5 drag-queens rotating from one sauna to the next?

There are those who feel that the sight of boys wandering around in the buff is akin to paradise. A harmless fantasy when there are some pretty sick ones that have (deservedly) their own space!

• Members
28 minutes ago, Tomcal said:

nope those are details i never worry about. if i am in town i am going to the saunas, regardless if they have a promotion going on or not

LOL tomcal ;D... The problem is not the entrance fees or the free rooms... I never worry about that too, but since it is a new sauna, promotion days will surely attract much more boys than in normal days when it will be a hard to compete against the 2 main saunas in Rio. 

This one is big... But the increased distance from the Zona sul compared to 117 and the unsafe area will not attract a lot of guys and customers. 

I really don't like that neighborhood... Especially at night. 

1) the location is closer to where the boys live then Copacabana and it’s a very safe area!!  you are practically in the entrance of the airport!

2)there are guys that go to 117 who won’t go to Pointe and guys who go to pointe that won’t go to Meo Mundo, etc. and guys that go to all 3! having been going to the saunas for 17 years now i have seen the number 1,2 and 3 change many times! 

i have been there when there were 2 saunas and as many as 6!  you just can’t predict

• Members
7 hours ago, likeohmygod said:

LOL tomcal ;D... The problem is not the entrance fees or the free rooms... I never worry about that too, but since it is a new sauna, promotion days will surely attract much more boys than in normal days when it will be a hard to compete against the 2 main saunas in Rio. 

This one is big... But the increased distance from the Zona sul compared to 117 and the unsafe area will not attract a lot of guys and customers. 

I really don't like that neighborhood... Especially at night. 

I agree that the location is a concern, hopefully I'm wrong, but walking around in that area after 10 PM is not that secure, specially considering that the competition, in both cases, is pretty close to the subway.

I also agree that promotion/special offers are gonna be key for a successful run. Free suites on week nights will be a challenge, bound to overlap with the others, maybe a free suite combined with a "boys nus" will have a chance. Is there a space for 3 major saunas with garotos in Rio? Hopefully there is.

• Members
8 hours ago, Tomcal said:

1) the location is closer to where the boys live then Copacabana and it’s a very safe area!!  you are practically in the entrance of the airport!

2)there are guys that go to 117 who won’t go to Pointe and guys who go to pointe that won’t go to Meo Mundo, etc. and guys that go to all 3! having been going to the saunas for 17 years now i have seen the number 1,2 and 3 change many times! 

i have been there when there were 2 saunas and as many as 6!  you just can’t predict

It is close to the airport true and it is the building next to the italian consulate. But the only 2 times i've been on that road after 10PM, have been enough to show me to don't go to centro at night :D. Once the road Av. Mal. Câmara (just behind the new sauna) was closed because of a shooting occurred between police and criminals. The second time a worker at the italian consulate got nearly killed during an attempted (and failed) assault.

I'm not saying that this cannot happen in Copacabana or Gloria....i'm saying that it's in the beginning of the wrong side or Rio. If i'm not wrong SDU closes at 11PM. I would and i will make sure to leave before that time, since that road already has little to no traffic at 10PM. It's not a very dangerous area, but it's neither a very safe area. I'd say quite dangerous when the airport is closing and the consulates in the near buildings are already empty from hours.

Of course i don't pretend to make a prediction....mine is a guess, since i will anyway go to the new sauna one day. But for some reasons I'm thinking it will have the same boys of NMM; which I don't like. Hopefully I'll be wrong.