Lucky

Signed Out...Not

• Members
2 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

It is pretty easy to understand. Lars wanted a thread split. He posted in more than one place that I was not doing my job. I asked him where he wished to have the thread split and would have assisted. He refused to make an effort but kept going after me saying I was unfair and that he would be OK with a timeout. In 12 years, I don't remember giving many time outs and never for one week. But, when you ask for one and can't let something go, it often happens. That said, I was find with the debate but can only be pushed so far.  Lars felt I was unfair. I disagreed.  That all said, I truly value everyone's input on the site. But, I will not spend two hours of my day, any day, arguing with someone who tells me to do my job but will not make a suggestion. Read the closed thread and this one. Feel free to debate whether it was right or wrong.  I'm OK with that.

I read it all, and knew the detail, but just didnt feel the punishment fit the crime.... But I understand both sides and its a case of "be careful what you wish for" .   As I told Lars,  I would have just responded to you that his thread was derailed when Bucky introduced the "racism" component.. But he was already frustrated at that point... Bad timing.   A week goes by quickly.

Let's put it to bed.  

• Members
1 hour ago, AdamSmith said:

I still don't understand this neurotic need to show online as 'signed out.'

If you don't want to be here, just don't view the site.

I disagree...Certainly many of us here develop cyber relationships that are not always as easily managed, as say a friend in our personal lives would be. It is much different having this kind of friendship., when communication is simply a written word. I have become very fond of more than one poster here, and on the MF, that I've never met, nor possibly ever will meet. Communicating to someone in this cyber environment, your frustration, a desire to step back from the edge, or to just go and take "10'  for awhile, seems to be a natural instinct.

I did not see Lars exit as a neurotic "show" in his departure. I don't think he wanted a parade or sympathy, or even desired support. I don't follow every thread, nor read every post, so I appreciated his acknowledgment that things had gone off the rails. His good bye was appropriate here.

200w.gif

• Members
3 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

All that agreed to...I still don't understand this neurotic need to show online as 'signed out.'

If you don't want to be here, just don't view the site.

Lars' kerfuffle was not about being here or not.  It was about "equality" for all IF you choose to be here.   Now he may not have handled it the best way,  but he felt he had followed the NEW rules and his "action" request was being ignored.  AS as I tried to explain to him, admin is not just sitting around watching a screen and able to give you instant gratification.  I think Lars is one of those who has shown his passion for the site, is a consummate contributor, and stays true to who he is....   So his "roots" may have grown a bit deeper into the Boytoy soil ?   And ultimately HE was the one that suggested the Ban to Oz first, and Oz was at wits end and just said "OK, you are Banned for a week"   or something like that ..... All in all, everything was transparent, often UNLIKE getting Banned elsewhere when you have no clue what the hell is going on.   I am certain Oz and Lar will kiss and makeup, once they have both cooled down and shot their loads ?  

Cumming is usually a good remedy for stress !   :thumbsup:

• Members

I just tried that and the problem remained.

I have bookmarked the forums, but I did tried logging in through the main website instead, unsuccessfully. 

I can try it again, and it may work. Part of the problem is that it is not consistent. There are days where the navigation is spotless and then there are days like the last days.

• Members
3 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

If you log in from the main site each time, you should not have these problems. What page do you have bookmarked?

I just tried it once again. It seems to fix one of the issues: when I sign uo through the main website and then go to the forums, I am not logged out from the forums home page, which does happen when I do not sign up in the main website.

However, the new issue remains. When I click in the Clubs menu, I am still logged in. As soon as I click in the Mexico/Brazil club, poom back to be logged out.

• Members

I m back to the situation where if I look at the main forums page, I am not signed in. If I go to a forum, I am signed in. My latest post does not show up on the menu page or the recent posts page. That's why I posted this stuff in the first place (June 13) and it is still the same.

On 7/19/2018 at 5:34 AM, Lucky said:

I m back to the situation where if I look at the main forums page, I am not signed in. If I go to a forum, I am signed in. My latest post does not show up on the menu page or the recent posts page. That's why I posted this stuff in the first place (June 13) and it is still the same.

I can't seem to replicate this. Are you logged out every 6 hours?  Are you logging into the main site?  Once logged into the forums, if your name does not appear, hit refresh a few times and it should be set to go.  If none of the above work, I need to know if you are using an older browser.