• Members
1 hour ago, caeron said:

Got one towards the end of the evening who was smoking hot, but a dud in the sack. clearly wanted me to get off in <5 minutes so he could collect his money and go. Is a stopwatcher worse than a clock watcher 

Unfortunately this is all too common at 117, especially if they think you are only in town for a few days and aren’t likely to be a long-term client.  

Did the garotos ask you how long you plan to stay in Rio?

• Members
1 hour ago, caeron said:

I am liking my time here so far, but I am also thinking that I might have picked a more convenient part of town. I can afford the cab rides back and forth to Copa, but since I'm not really a beach person, I'm not sure it is where I should have actually booked a place.

I stay in Flamengo, the middle distance, and it is convenient in many ways. I consistently walk places or take the Metro underground. The beachwalk there is fine. I do not spend much time exposed to the sun.

But I think it makes sense on your first and relatively short visit to stay in a more iconic district, as you have done.. 

On 8/4/2018 at 8:45 AM, sanddunes said:

Yes, indeed.  Bar Fama is rough trade.  Just make sure the drugged out guys who suck you off don’t have a knife to stab you after..

I agree it’s rougher trade but “guys who suck you off don’t have a knife to stab you after..” is a little over the top! it is a bar with security, and you taxi uber to the place and back! no problem!

• Members
2 hours ago, Tomcal said:

I agree it’s rougher trade but “guys who suck you off don’t have a knife to stab you after..” is a little over the top! it is a bar with security, and you taxi uber to the place and back! no problem!

Yes it’s a little dramatic...but some of the hustlers there have what I would call “crazy eyes.”

It’s a little bit of a walk on the wild side.  For some, that’s what makes it thrilling...

I just think any discussion of Bar Fama should come with a strip of yellow caution tape, especially for first-timers to Brazil and those traveling alone.

• Members

Stabbed by a knife..., I think somebody is watching "Cruising" a few times too many, I agree, not for the faint of heart, not recommended for someone that arrived in Brazil the day before, but a welcome walk on the wild side.  Among the rough trade, some occasional boy-next-door allowing to be sucked for R$50,00. A must have!

Just a reminder: the whole Bar Fama thing started on this forum when somebody mistakenly said that I wrote about a platform of guys standing with their dicks in their hands waiting for blow jobs and ensured a furious debate with members, until then unaware of the existence of the place, claiming they could not find such platform. I had to ask people to go back to my post and see that although I did write about the bar, I never wrote about such platform. I was finally cleared, it was all good for a while, and now all of a sudden, a knife! Bar Fama, always controversial, what are you waiting for?

• Members
17 minutes ago, Riobard said:

I think he/she/it is saying to the guy whose ballcap shows bottom frame, "Blowie for 30, half'n'half 50?"

Lol.  She did disappear into the blackout room later in the night, perhaps taking advantage of total darkness to suck off unsuspecting guys..

• Members
7 minutes ago, Riobard said:

could just as easily be depicting a master class in Brasilian drag. 

Indeed, the queens of Bar Fama are true masters of their craft.  One can hardly believe the elegance, class, and charisma they exude, all the while maintaining total sobriety.

• Members
On 8/5/2018 at 2:40 PM, caeron said:

I am 2 blocks off Copacabana beach, about 3, maybe 4 blocks up from the fort.

Lovely area, but seems like I keep taking 30 minute ubers to get to stuff. at R$30 or so, it isn't breaking the bank or anything, but seems counter productive. 

Why aren’t you taking the Metro subway? You’re close enough to a few stations, it is cheap, and it’s relatively safe, especially during the day.

• Members

So what's the recent status of Bar Fama in SP, @Tomcal?

I went there last November and it wasn't the best experience. Some really high guys are waiting for clients to use the bathroom so they can flash their dicks. I would have been fine if not for the pushy attitude and the tight space. But maybe it was also because that was my first time. I'm willing to give it another shot!