likeohmygod

Bad news: Bolsonaro will win the elections

• Members
8 hours ago, likeohmygod said:

If he doesn't die after being stabbed, he will 100% win the elections. If he survives the stabbing will make him a martyr. 

Bad news for saunas (even if i don't know if there will be consequences) and gay people in general. 

I just read that he dropped out of the race for president - 

• Members
3 hours ago, mvan1 said:

I just read that he dropped out of the race for president - 

After his stabbing injuries were deemed no longer life threatening, Bolsonaro announced that he will stop active campaigning but that he hopes his followers will keep the campaign going for him.  

Some of the polls show him just behind Lula - 

The "nick name" for this character is "Brazil's Trump" - gads, what a disgusting thought to have another Trump in a place I like, especially in Brazil.

He is more of a racist than Trump and he hates gays also.    

• Members

There are more updated reports about this hateful Trump like bigot. 

Apparently, he lost about 40% of his blood from the stabbing.  

The stabbing might get him sympathy from supporters.  Many will vote just because he was attacked.  

If anyone is interested in reading a little about this bigot, here is the latest:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-45451473

I don't think it will affect the saunas! remember everything in Brazil is corrupt and the police are paid by every business owner protection money, in the case of the saunas they pay depending on the size, from $400. to $750. a week and in the case of Rio there are two different police units paid off the regular patrols and the type of SVU units. As long as they keep paying they will be fine!

• Members
3 hours ago, Tomcal said:

I don't think it will affect the saunas! remember everything in Brazil is corrupt and the police are paid by every business owner protection money, in the case of the saunas they pay depending on the size, from $400. to $750. a week and in the case of Rio there are two different police units paid off the regular patrols and the type of SVU units. As long as they keep paying they will be fine!

Since it is essentially our cash trickling down into those pockets I think we deserve a token annual meet-greet-and-blow-meat mutual appreciation day at those very pockets in the nearby Pedro Américo precinct!

• Members
18 hours ago, likeohmygod said:

He will get the vote from most of the undecided after the stabbing.

Not sure about what he will do when he will become president....saunas survived even to dictatorship so...

The news reports keep changing by the hour.  In the below sited article, the bigot is shown sitting up in his hospital room recovering from the stabbing he got from a protestor. 

The latest reports are that the bigot is now ahead of anyone in the presidential race in Brazil.  

Not a pretty picture for Brazil, if this hateful bigot wins the election. 

He lies incessantly, is a racist and he hates gays  -  What a coincidence - that sounds like Trump - 

Here is the latest on the bigot:

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/08/645882787/brazilian-candidate-recovering-from-stabbing-may-be-gaining-an-advantage?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Members
12 hours ago, Riobard said:

Since it is essentially our cash trickling down into those pockets I think we deserve a token annual meet-greet-and-blow-meat mutual appreciation day at those very pockets in the nearby Pedro Américo precinct!

Absolutely.  Each of us deserves a session with the police.

• Members
27 minutes ago, Walker said:

Absolutely.  Each of us deserves a session with the police.

Is this the kind of session with the police you mean? 

Enlarge the newspaper headline.  You will see clients and garotos standing against a wall in a gay sauna that was raided by the Sao Paulo police. 

Although rare, it does happen - 

The police allowed the clients and garotos to keep their towel around them.  In the meantime,  they were told to stand against the sauna wall while a newspaper photographer took their photo for the newspaper and for the article that was written about the raid. 

No one was arrested.  Only harassed.  

The sauna with garotos, that had been open many years, closed shortly after the raid.  The sauna never reopened.  It was one of the best saunas in Sao Paulo.

Alterosas.gif

• Members
30 minutes ago, Riobard said:

A gay establishment? With floor tiles and tablecloths clashing like that!?

IMG_4874.PNG

You lost me with your comment. 

The partial photo you posted is of a portion of the former dining room/restaurant/bar of the former sauna.  Floor "tiles" were cheap linoleum and the table clothes were plastic.   The cruising area was on a different floor and a different area of the sauna.  The police herded all clients and garotos into that room where the photo was taken.    

The sauna was rather run down.  

• Members

Everything can happen and pools in this election especially for the first round do have some problems when you want to check for the trend.

https://g1.globo.com/politica/eleicoes/2018/noticia/2018/09/10/pesquisa-datafolha-bolsonaro-24-ciro-13-marina-11-alckmin-10-haddad-9.ghtml

Datafolha (Globo) gives Bolsonaro nearly stable during the 2nd round, while Haddad is increasing his percentage while Lula chances of running are approaching the zero. This makes really hard to compare the most recent pools with the old ones, and some are overestimating the stabbing effect. Especially if you consider that a second round win by Bolsonaro, is only forecasted when competing againsta Haddad.

The first round will be won by Bolsonaro without doubts. It all depends on who will reach the 2nd place. Right now it's a tie between Haddad (Lula), Alckmin and Silva. Haddad is shown behind but as i said, it's extremely hard to forecast his 1st round result due to his fate being tied to what happens to Lula.

• Members
13 hours ago, Tomcal said:

It is amazing to me how many of the sauna guys support Bolsonaro! Many on their FB page and Instantgram support him and promote his candidacy!! 

They could be doing that because thats what their family wants and then voting against him in the voting booth. Possible example of "he doth protest too much"

11 minutes ago, wncdemcub said:

They could be doing that because thats what their family wants and then voting against him in the voting booth. Possible example of "he doth protest too much"

i would agree but they are posting long discussions back and forth and everyone of them seem to be supporting Bolsonaro, and they genuinely seem to support him and i don’t know why? 

• Members
9 minutes ago, Tomcal said:

i would agree but they are posting long discussions back and forth and everyone of them seem to be supporting Bolsonaro, and they genuinely seem to support him and i don’t know why? 

Well as we have discussed most garatos are in it for the money. If someone promised them a better life, one where they wouldnt have to  hustle and still make a good living for their families, they would take it. Its a pipe dream but look at trump voters.

Edited by wncdemcub
grammar