TotallyOz

House of Cards minus Kevin Spacey

I loved the Season 6 of House of Cards. I thought Robin Wright did a fabulous job.  I did miss Kevin Spacey and wish his character had not been written off but this season was great even without his great writing. 

https://www.salon.com/2018/11/03/michael-kelly-on-how-robin-wright-made-house-of-cards-go-on-you-want-to-be-on-the-robin-train/

• Members

I have not loved House of Cards for quite some time. For me, the show jumped the shark a long time ago. Hate when that happens.

The creative team is very good at building suspense and weaving useless plot devices. They know how to create well-dressed, soap opera drama.

Robin Wright has always been a serious talent. The role of Claire is a dream job for a good actress. Her wig in Season 6 drove me crazy. As did the Stamper character, who would have been killed early on if the story wanted to make any sense.

For me, it would have made more sense to make Stamper a closeted homosexual, who was obsessively in love with Frank. Frank did dabble with men. Perhaps that could explain Stamper's unbridled devotion. Otherwise, you do all this shit for a man's "legacy?" Made me laugh out loud.

Yes, I read this and found the whole thing odd. The boy was also 18 at the time. I am sure this is much more press and attention than he wanted. I do remember there were other questions about Spacey's past in the UK but not sure if any charges have been filed anywhere other than this case.