Tomcal

Mexico this week

• Members
11 hours ago, Tomcal said:

...then today the soccer player from Porto Alegre(one of the cousins) messaged me and said he is vacationing in Cancun for the next two weeks and is going to come by for a few days! So looks like there will be 3 Brazilians  staying with me...almost like Rio! :-)

"One of the cousins" fond memory of the good time and good boys in POA ...

"3 Brazilians ... almost like Rio" yes but for the whole stay ! 

:-))

5 hours ago, paborn said:

Tomcal, You say Mexico and mention a new bar. Giving your location as 90 minutes from Cancun, is this Merida?  When you get a chance give us the lay of the land, I remember it as a charming colonial city.

Yes it is Merida, the capital city of the Yucatan of over 1,000,000 people. The city is one of the oldest in the Western Hemisphere with work starting on the Cathedral in 1540 and it location is the center of Merida where many events take place in the park across the street(including hustling)!

I went the first time because FloridaRob had moved there several years before and invited me down. I landed at the airport got to his house and literally 15 minutes later pocked up a guy at the park who spent the night!  3 months later i owned a house in the historic part of town! :-). After almost 2 years i still really like it here, it has a small but international airport with direct flights to Houston and Miami and Atlanta.  The house i bought is 150 years old although as with most of the homes in the Historic section the Outside walls(18’ tall) have to remain the inside 9 years ago was completely demolished to the ground and rebuilt in Mexican/Yucatan style.  attached is some photos of 

AF6E71C4-4366-4ED6-9E44-13C1B6699E5E.jpeg

Edited by tomcal

Depends on what part of town and how nice/luxurious you want it to be.....to live with the locals in some areas, you can buy a house for 25k usd.....Centro or one of the nicer neighborhoods plan on 100k -250k. USD

I paid my Taxes last week, they were $12usd...insurance was about 800 usd, maint---depends on the type of house you get , but labor is VERY cheap and plumbers, electricians are ridiculously cheap compared to US & Canada.

Many people hire housekeepers either full time or just 1 or 2 days a week....some of the bigger houses hires full time staff , cleaners, gardeners , maint people, nanny, depending on how much money you have ...avg wage for full time people is 10 usd a day, if they are casual help that come once a week or so they charge about 15-20 usd a day.

• Members
19 hours ago, floridarob said:

Depends on what part of town and how nice/luxurious you want it to be.....to live with the locals in some areas, you can buy a house for 25k usd.....Centro or one of the nicer neighborhoods plan on 100k -250k. USD

I paid my Taxes last week, they were $12usd...insurance was about 800 usd, maint---depends on the type of house you get , but labor is VERY cheap and plumbers, electricians are ridiculously cheap compared to US & Canada.

Many people hire housekeepers either full time or just 1 or 2 days a week....some of the bigger houses hires full time staff , cleaners, gardeners , maint people, nanny, depending on how much money you have ...avg wage for full time people is 10 usd a day, if they are casual help that come once a week or so they charge about 15-20 usd a day.

Thanks.  Sounds like heaven.

I agree totally with Rob!(extremely rare occurrence).  My house is in the historic center and was originally built over 120 years ago but was gutted to the ground 9 years ago except for the outside walls which the historical society makes you retain, they are 18’ tall.  inside the house is new but retains the mexican style.  i paid $345,000. for it 2 years ago.  

i have been here 3 days and the weather is perfect, Sunny with daytime temps 82/84 and nighttime around 62!  We went to the newer gay bar and it was full and had various dancers walking on the oval bar dancing and removing their clothes until they were naked, at the same time another 10+ guys were working the room!

The Brazilian who is staying with me was asked by the manager and then later by a waiter if he wanted to dance on the bar! he politely refused.  the other Brazilian who is staying gets here today, he was suppose to get here Friday but the travel agency he works for in Cancun had asked him to work the last 2 days because of a influx of Brazilian tourists(Cancun is the new hotspot for Brazilians). 

Had a small party last night and one of the Americans invited a guy off of Grindr over and another local i know showed up and by the end of the night they were flashing their dicks(with the encouragement of FloridaRob)Everyone who wasn’t staying here left at 3:30 this morning!

• Members
18 hours ago, Tomcal said:

I have been to Blue several times never had a problem but there were 4 to 6 of us each time I was there.  Not really my type of place so I usually go to of the other 4 clubs in Centro that I can walk to!  Blue you have to Uber to

Hi Tom:

He was overcharged at the end of the night.  He has a tendency to get too inebriated and is an easy mark.

2 hours ago, Ojibear said:

Hi Tom:

He was overcharged at the end of the night.  He has a tendency to get too inebriated and is an easy mark.

It is easy to be overcharged the way the system is set up, always check your bill after each order! Also if you buy one of guys who work a drink there,  you are charged more for a watered down drink! Best to only buy them bottled beers!