kjun12

DO YOU BELIEVE JUSSIE SMOLLET

• Members

I know of no constitutional way that an innocent man's bond can be forfeited just because he caused a lot of paperwork or overtime for the police. He's technically innocent and the same rights to his bond that anyone else has. Being unpopular is not grounds for confiscating bond. We are not being told the truth here.

• Members
9 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

One’s judgment evolves, sometimes very quickly, with new info. Something wrong with that?

That's possible, yes. But you seemed convinced that time was needed to judge. Clever of Oh Please to make those connections, wasn't it? Especially since he's a "new poster" here.

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

That's possible, yes. But you seemed convinced that time was needed to judge. Clever of Oh Please to make those connections, wasn't it? Especially since he's a "new poster" here.

I make plenty of errors.

There seems to be some second meaning in your quotation-marked term “new poster.” Could you spell it out for the benefit of us slower wits?

• Members
1 hour ago, AdamSmith said:

I make plenty of errors.

There seems to be some second meaning in your quotation-marked term “new poster.” Could you spell it out for the benefit of us slower wits?

I do not think of you as a slower wit.

13 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

I would pay that money right now, and get out of town today.

I don't think he should. But, that is because I don't know the full details. To me, it sounds like he is taking advice from his lawyers. And, if they are the ones calling the shots, he may be listening to people who have the need to draw this out. Always good to seek advice but then set your own course. I am not sure he is mentally capable of calling his own shots. He may be in post traumatic stress and things have just built up to the point where he can make good decisions. Hell, the president is calling him names and belittling him. 

45 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

I don't think he should. But, that is because I don't know the full details. To me, it sounds like he is taking advice from his lawyers. And, if they are the ones calling the shots, he may be listening to people who have the need to draw this out. Always good to seek advice but then set your own course. I am not sure he is mentally capable of calling his own shots. He may be in post traumatic stress and things have just built up to the point where he can make good decisions. Hell, the president is calling him names and belittling him. 

He is delusional, and being very badly advised legally.

• Members
14 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

I would pay that money right now, and get out of town today.

I agree.  He does not need any more of this type of publicity when most believe he got away with something...  How much do you think future legal bills are going to be?  $130,000 is cheap.  He should have his high priced legal help negotiate a lesser amount which could be viewed as a win considering he's guilty as hell.

6 minutes ago, BigK said:

I agree.  He does not need any more of this type of publicity when most believe he got away with something...  How much do you think future legal bills are going to be?  $130,000 is cheap.  He should have his high priced legal help negotiate a lesser amount which could be viewed as a win considering he's guilty as hell.

When a business or personal problem occurs, pay it off at the present and leave town now!

50 minutes ago, BigK said:

considering he's guilty as hell.

I am still just not so sure. Maybe I misread something, but the check seems to be a point of contention and the brothers said they charge 12 UDS per hour for personal training. That can't be the right amount. I know of no trainer in any big city who charges so little.

• Members

OZ, you have taken on a defense of Smollet from the get go but now I have no doubt that this man did what the police say.  He is a damn criminal and is very lucky to have escaped conviction and a jail sentence.  As Adam Smith said he should pay up, shut his mouth and move on.

1 hour ago, kjun12 said:

OZ, you have taken on a defense of Smollet from the get go but now I have no doubt that this man did what the police say.  He is a damn criminal and is very lucky to have escaped conviction and a jail sentence.  As Adam Smith said he should pay up, shut his mouth and move on.

And, you may be 100% correct.  However, whenever the orange orangutan gets involved, it turns my stomach. 

But, I still have my doubts that everything is as open and shut as you seem to think. Perhaps it has to do with the countless lies I have seen police make to clients. I am not a believer in anything deep blue. Having spent time in NYC legal aid clinics, I know the shit that happens. And, Kjun, he is cute. :)

On 4/12/2019 at 12:43 AM, kjun12 said:

The City of Chicago has now filed suit against Smollet to recover the money spent in investigating his claim.

Now the interest is by what numerical factor they jack up the amount owed.

Justifiably, from having to involve & congest the court system even further.

The kid is so stupid & unaware.

Guest OhPlease
On 3/30/2019 at 10:39 PM, Lucky said:

I am not accusing you of anything, seriously. Nothing.

I remember a time when you accused,  demeaned and dismissed Adam Smith of being nothing more than a worthless drunk.  It’s actually people like you who want to exclude participation on these forums unless they meet your high standard of purity and cleanliness from participating hear further.

You’re the poison  here not others.

You may think of yourself as being who you once were, but you are no longer that at all.  And you haven’t been for a long time.  And many people maybe celebrate that as being a good thing. 

No–one in their 70’s should be dictating dialogue anywhere. 

Edited by OhPlease

Guest OhPlease

I think One of the greatest qualities and celebrations of ones own self - awareness in life is about one’s own self knowledge about themself and to realize how  people like lucky who choose to dismiss and demean our differences with hatred and dismissal of us are reflected in this video. It’s just perfect. 

2 hours ago, OhPlease said:

I remember a time when you accused,  demeaned and dismissed Adam Smith of being nothing more than a worthless drunk.  It’s actually people like you who want to exclude participation on these forums unless they meet your high standard of purity and cleanliness from participating hear further.

You’re the poison  here not others.

You may think of yourself as being who you once were, but you are no longer that at all.  And you haven’t been for a long time.  And many people maybe celebrate that as being a good thing. 

No–one in their 70’s should be dictating dialogue anywhere. 

I don’t agree at all.

@kjun12 and I have arguments and even verbal fistfights here all the time.

But they are, mutually, honest. As most all converse here is. Productive to new thinking.

The point being that someone who thinks completely opposite of you might just have a very good idea you yourself had not thought of.

Guest OhPlease
10 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

I don’t agree at all.

@kjun12 and I have arguments and even verbal fistfights here all the time.

But they are, mutually, honest. As most all converse here is.

The point being that someone who thinks completely opposite of you might just have a very good idea you had not thought of.

Strangely enough, this was never about kjun12 nor even mentioned. Perhaps because I’m only knitting with one needle, contributed to your confusion to whom it was directed. 

Edited by OhPlease