Guest Guest Pooper

Anonymous

Guest Guest Pooper

The site now allows anonymous posting where you don't even have to be a member to post. You can attack registered posters without  giving a clue to your identity.

That's not very classy. But is it the new Boytoy?

Guest Prophet

It will be the downfall of this site if it is allowed!  Everyone know the nasty queens on here that will not be able to stop their fingers from flailing away at the keys!

BTW: Thank you Lucky for starting this thread even though I told you we were looking into it.  And, thank you Tomcal for replying to Lucky.  So, yes, there is a bug in the system. We are still able to check IP's from anonymous posters and we do not plan to allow this to continue. However, as I told Lucky, we are looking into it and trying to resolve it. But, the issues a bug with Invision Software and will be fixed in the next release. 

• Members
53 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

BTW: Thank you Lucky for starting this thread even though I told you we were looking into it.  And, thank you Tomcal for replying to Lucky.  So, yes, there is a bug in the system. We are still able to check IP's from anonymous posters and we do not plan to allow this to continue. However, as I told Lucky, we are looking into it and trying to resolve it. But, the issues a bug with Invision Software and will be fixed in the next release. 

Well, I am glad that it is being fixed. However, I can not find any message to me from you about the matter. Could you direct me to that message? Thanks.

• Members
12 hours ago, kjun12 said:

I don't see that we have many "nasty queens" on the site.

Oh there's plenty of nasty lurking. Lots of angry, lonely haters out there.

2 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

It is a bug in the forum software. We are working on it. 

Thank you for the response, Oz. Bugs are almost as irritating as trolls.

Frankly, I thought the first few Guest posts were a bit hysterical, like a screaming Jack McFarland, a total sexual turn-off. Most of the major forums on the internet got their start without requiring memberships. Some amassed a fortune by doing so. In the end, what's the problem? Most of us are anonymous, aren't we? What's the difference if we hide behind a membership name or we hide behind a name beginning with Guest?

Yes, a membership name may offer more credibility, depending on your opinion and your writing skill. A membership name can also link an IP address to a known entity, but the entity can still remain anonymous.

However, if I happen to see a username with Guest in it, I'm an adult. I know how to dismiss a post and ignore a comment, much like I did on this thread before Oz spoke up. I'm really not seeing the "downfall" that someone else imagined.

Today in New York City Spring is in the air. Another day at life seems pretty good. Moving on.

Edited by RockHardNYC

3 hours ago, Lucky said:

Well, I am glad that it is being fixed. However, I can not find any message to me from you about the matter. Could you direct me to that message? Thanks.

Sure. Go to the reported post that you asked to be removed that was from a guest.  View Moderator Comments on that Report.

2 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

Thank you for the response, Oz. Bugs are almost as irritating as trolls.

Frankly, I thought the first few Guest posts were a bit hysterical, like a screaming Jack McFarland, a total sexual turn-off. Most of the major forums on the internet got their start without requiring memberships. Some amassed a fortune by doing so. In the end, what's the problem? Most of us are anonymous, aren't we? What's the difference if we hide behind a membership name or we hide behind a name beginning with Guest?

Yes, a pain for sure! Anyone who has been on this site for more than 2 months knows we take care of issues as fast as possible. That is why we sometimes ask for patience from others.

• Members
3 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

Patience is a virtue. So is generosity. It can be difficult to find a gay man who possesses at least one of these.

That's quite a knock on gay men. Anyone who lived through the AIDS crisis saw the vast generosity of the gay and lesbian community. We see it still today in the support social programs receive. Gay men volunteer, they donate, they show care. Don't knock them. Knock those pompous fools who think they know so much more than anyone else.

• Members
2 hours ago, Lucky said:

Anyone who lived through the AIDS crisis

The AIDS crisis was almost three decades ago. Crisis has a way of bringing out the best of mankind. Today, it's bareback on Grindr, endless selfies, and PrEP. Not feeling much community among the serial narcissists. Luckily, I haven't lost hope.

• Members
On 3/14/2019 at 6:04 PM, kjun12 said:

I don't see that we have many "nasty queens" on the site.  Most posters appear to be nice people in contrast to some posting on other sites.

The only nasty poster I've encountered has been planetime.

It would be nice to see more posting, more interesting topics. RockHard is always interesting, even if I recoil at much of what he says. But planetime? A nasty queen? Not in my experience. Since he is coming to Bangkok soon, why not meet up and see what you have in common? I'll bet it far outweighs any differences.