SolaceSoul

TIME Magazine: How This Black Gay Politician Is Standing Up to the Far-Right Government in Brazil

• Members

I am quite fond of David Miranda, but am not a fan of Glenn Greenwald, not in the least. But I do love how Glenn Greenwald somehow always seems to get the press to gloss over the circumstances of their meeting. David Miranda was a 20-year-old Ipanema Posto 9 beach hustler high school student living in a very poor favela and Greenwald was a 38 year old rich Harvard-educated attorney American tourist trolling the gay beach, while staying in an Ipanema penthouse. You know exactly what this was about!

“His life changed, he says, one day in 2005, when he was playing volleyball on Ipanema beach and accidentally knocked over an American tourist’s drink. That tourist was attorney Glenn Greenwald, better known today for his journalism. Miranda and Greenwald got to talking, fell in love and moved in together after just five days. “We’ve been together constantly since,” Miranda says. Greenwald, now 52, helped support Miranda going back to school. In 2014 he graduated from ESPM, a publicity and marketing school in Rio de Janeiro.“

http://time.com/collection-post/5584910/david-miranda-next-generation-leaders/?xid=fbshare 

• Members
8 minutes ago, sanddunes said:

A tale as old as time :lol:

Do I detect a hint of jealousy regarding Glenn Greenwald?  lol

1. David Miranda is a handsome garoto, but he isn’t my physical type at all. Maybe he is yours. One could certainly do worse. 

2. Greenwald looks like a toad that jumped out from under a pond rock. What you’ve mis-detected is disgust for his physical appearance and disdain for his role in politics. He (and David, and kids and dogs) have a nice place in Gavea, though. 

• Members

I’m kind of surprised to see that Greenwald has 1 million twitter followers?  I didn’t realize he was that influential.

David Miranda is definitely a handsome guy...and must be pretty good in bed if Greenwald wanted to marry him just 5 days after meeting lol

A96C7CA3-0A7D-4D70-AE1F-785DB84491EF.jpeg

Edited by sanddunes

• Members
31 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

Where can I meet someone who is sexy, younger, strong and interested in politics and changing the world? I might be able to assist.

Just go to Ipanema beach and wait for someone to accidentally knock over your drink ;)

Edited by sanddunes

• Members
1 hour ago, sanddunes said:

Just go to Ipanema beach and wait for someone to accidentally knock over your drink ;)

That’s their story and they’re sticking to it!

BTW, anyone who’s a semi-regular at the beaches along Posto 8 and 9 (especially the gay section) already knows that it would be almost logistically impossible for a volleyball game to interfere with where the beach dwellers are sitting / laying down having drinks. Unless that beach dweller is trolling really, really close to the volleyball net, cruising the players!

• Members
3 hours ago, sanddunes said:

I’m kind of surprised to see that Greenwald has 1 million twitter followers?  I didn’t realize he was that influential.

David Miranda is definitely a handsome guy...and must be pretty good in bed if Greenwald wanted to marry him just 5 days after meeting lol

A96C7CA3-0A7D-4D70-AE1F-785DB84491EF.jpeg

You might appreciate this photo more. I wouldn’t exactly throw him out of bed if he ended up there, but I wouldn’t chase him down on the beach and offer to upgrade him, either. Face is A* but body is meh. I’m sure that’s the absolute best that Greenwald will ever get, though.

I say, good for David, for working it. This is the kind of story that many posters here dream would happen to them. All it takes is some good luck, great timing, and the bank accounts of a senior partner in a litigation law firm that cashed out his millions, started blogging and moved to Rio!

C177605F-7AE7-4E0E-9A1E-1E170442EFCD.jpeg

Edited by SolaceSoul

• Members
50 minutes ago, SolaceSoul said:

I wouldn’t exactly throw him out of bed if he ended up there, but I wouldn’t chase him down on the beach and offer to upgrade him, either.

I’m kind of curious what your type is or who your celebrity crush would be..it seems like hardly anyone can live up to your incredibly high standards lol

• Members
1 minute ago, sanddunes said:

I’m kind of curious what your type is or who your celebrity crush would be..it seems like hardly anyone can live up to your incredibly high standards lol

Curiosity killed the cat.

You’re right. Hardly anyone can “live up to my incredibly high standards”. However, I have found a number of them to keep me company. Especially, but not necessarily limited to, Brazil.

If we are never going to sleep together, why does it matter to you what I like? Are you a professional matchmaker? If you’re comfortable with your preferences, and I’m comfortable with mine, and neither of us have any issues landing what we like, then that’s all that should matter. Right?

On 6/2/2019 at 12:15 PM, SolaceSoul said:

I am quite fond of David Miranda, but am not a fan of Glenn Greenwald, not in the least. But I do love how Glenn Greenwald somehow always seems to get the press to gloss over the circumstances of their meeting. David Miranda was a 20-year-old Ipanema Posto 9 beach hustler high school student living in a very poor favela and Greenwald was a 38 year old rich Harvard-educated attorney American tourist trolling the gay beach, while staying in an Ipanema penthouse. You know exactly what this was about!

“His life changed, he says, one day in 2005, when he was playing volleyball on Ipanema beach and accidentally knocked over an American tourist’s drink. That tourist was attorney Glenn Greenwald, better known today for his journalism. Miranda and Greenwald got to talking, fell in love and moved in together after just five days. “We’ve been together constantly since,” Miranda says. Greenwald, now 52, helped support Miranda going back to school. In 2014 he graduated from ESPM, a publicity and marketing school in Rio de Janeiro.“

http://time.com/collection-post/5584910/david-miranda-next-generation-leaders/?xid=fbshare 

Great article but not too sure of this guy is really considered black....

Also, 20 yrs old and 38 yrs old...very interesting....A rich Harvard Educated Attorney decides he wants a 20 r old poor Carioca....How cliche....

• Members
6 hours ago, Badboy81 said:

Great article but not too sure of this guy is really considered black....

In Brazil, it’s highly probable that he would not self-identify or be identified as black. In the USA, however, he would definitely fit under the umbrella of “black” (like most Afro-Latinos in America) — our “one-drop rule” here.

Also, 20 yrs old and 38 yrs old...very interesting....A rich Harvard Educated Attorney decides he wants a 20 r old poor Carioca....How cliche....

And the circumstances not only of their age / class differences, but also of their meeting somehow strangely always seem to get glossed over and made to seem so romantic and magical. My conclusion is that my it’s because it’s two males. Had David been a barely 20 year old favela high school girl named Daniella, you just know that every reporter and gossip blogger would be commenting on it and investigating.

• Members
45 minutes ago, Riobard said:

Greenwald is an amateur cradle-robber. I go for guys younger than me by 2.5 times their age difference. 

And you’re boasting? That’s 45 years. A 45-year age difference is seriously disturbing. For your sake as well as theirs, I hope they are all, at the very least, of legal age (as defined in the USA — 18).

But still. Ewww.....

That’s a 25 year old with a 70 year old.

26737434-81DE-47E9-A1AC-C0AABC866467.jpeg

• Members
51 minutes ago, Riobard said:

And Herbert was not a Pervert in his 40s?

IMG_1172.PNG

Was there a 45 year age difference? Was he hooking up with boys 45 years younger than him when he was 46? So Herbert liked 1 year olds?

Rationalize away.

C765E07E-AD41-4F70-A02B-871E62A94A78.jpeg

• Members
3 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

And you’re boasting? That’s 45 years. A 45-year age difference is seriously disturbing. 

That’s a 25 year old with a 70 year old.

What do you plan to do when you are 70?  Just be celibate?  While it is somewhat cringe-worthy, I can’t say for a fact that I won’t be using garotos when I’m 70..

Edited by sanddunes

• Members
21 minutes ago, sanddunes said:

What do you plan to do when you are 70?  Just be celibate?  While it is somewhat cringe-worthy, I can’t say for a fact that I won’t be using garotos when I’m 70..

But a 45 year age difference? Come on! Isnt there a 50 year old, even a 40 year old. Hell, a 30-something!

Not necessarily this poster, but what’s seriously icky are the posters who reject much younger garotos because of their age (too old, like in their 30s) —- and these fuckers are around 70 themselves! 

• Members

If you are 45-50 and getting with 21--25 year olds, you are clearly old enough to be their father.

Beyond that, the notion of a gradient of age difference based on the breadth of that spread representing progressively greater pathos is nothing more than desperate denial. An attempt to set oneself uniquely apart from all the other aging farts peppering the gay graveyard yet still sucking back oxygen. 

As if there is an arbitrary upper limit to how many generations apart is respectable. Once that differential between legal age and the added average age of first-time parent is reached it is a level line of silly (or not). 

That guy in twenty or thirty years be humming If I Could Turn Back Time while navigating his walker on the 117 stairs. Put up to 50 rationalization candles on his cake. 

Horny knows no expiry date. Wake up and smell the café de manhã

In other words, Herbert'll like at 75 what he likes at 45 ... 21 year olds. His arousal template wasn't programmed at birth to defer sex until his middle years in order to maintain a 45 year spread and begin drooling and jacking at the local perinatal unit. Sheesh. 

Edited by Riobard

• Members
22 minutes ago, Riobard said:

If you are 45-50 and getting with 21--25 year olds, you are clearly old enough to be their father.

Beyond that, the notion of a gradient of age difference based on the breadth of that spread representing progressively greater pathos is nothing more than desperate denial. An attempt to set oneself uniquely apart from all the other aging farts peppering the gay graveyard yet still sucking back oxygen. 

That guy in twenty or thirty years be humming If I Could Turn Back Time while navigating his walker on the 117 stairs. 

Horny knows no expiry date. Wake up and smell the café de manhã

You just bragged about a 45 year age difference between you and your pursuits. That’s not “aging”, that’s “aged”. That train has already left the station.

Since we’ve gotten into memes as a viable communication method, there are some pretty funny but true memes posted by those crazy kids on the interwebz that state what kind of mature man they seek for pleasure and profit:

F68594A5-5F2F-4A0E-846A-1B659AB33569.jpeg

Edited by SolaceSoul

• Members
4 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

You just bragged about a 45 year age difference between you and your pursuits. That’s not “aging”, that’s “aged”. That train has already left the station.

Since we’ve gotten into memes as a viable communication method, there are some pretty funny but true memes posted by those crazy kids on the interwebz that state what kind of mature man they seek for pleasure and profit -

There is still available a fiction based movie released in 2015 called - The Age of Adaline - 

Many movies based on fiction are not far off from real life.  

The film is not gay themed.  If it were, it would not have done well in the theaters as it did.   

If anyone has nothing better to do one of these days, you can rent the film on line.  The name of the film is shown in the first line of this post. 

In the film, the main character exceeds the age of one hundred yet is out and about having romantic affairs as countless years go by.  

The film, despite it being fiction, touches on some of real life at least with respect to desires, regardless of age.  

• Members

8 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

Since we’ve gotten into memes as a viable communication method, there are some pretty funny but true memes posted by those crazy kids on the interwebz that state what kind of mature man they seek for pleasure and profit

We are all programmed by nature who we find attractive and desirable.  We do not make a decision to choose a specific type of sexual partner or the age of a sexual partner.  The only real choice factor in the matter would be abstinence or insufficient funds to pay the prostitute. 

Through this forum,  many forum users recounted their travel experiences.  Most of the reported travel experiences included meeting young men (legal aged) prostitutes in foreign destinations. 

Many from this forum travel mostly to South America or to Asia where gay men of any age can hire prostitutes that are satisfying.  At the same time, the prostitutes earn money and earn opportunities they would not otherwise have.   

Who sets the rules for who is too old to enjoy young, legal aged prostitutes that are available for a price?

There are no signs on any sauna door that says anything about age except that those who enter must be at least 18.  

Thus, if a 50-year-old man hired a 25-year-old man for sex, is that 25 years age difference something terrible?

The age difference in the above question is a quarter of a century!   Many would agree that a quarter century age difference is okay while many would think that a quarter century age difference is unacceptable.  

However, what if a 60-year-old man or a 70 year of man or older hired the same 25-year-old prostitute, would it be so terrible as implied in the quoted post?

Aversion therapy was unsuccessfully attempted on gays for years.  Some unorthodox places still practice aversion "therapy" but it never works.   Again, we are programmed by nature to be who we are and programmed by nature as to who we find attractive, regardless of our age. 

It was not until 1973 that being gay was considered being mentally ill.  Prior to that, many gays were either sent to mental hospitals if arrested for "lewd conduct" as an alternative to going to jail.  

Renowned psychiatrists now agree that nature programs a certain amount of life to be born gay.  They also agree that no "therapy" can change who we find attractive, regardless of age.   

But going back to the original subject, who decides how many years difference is permissible for a young male prostitute to engage in a contract with an older man and vice versa?

I generally agree with your posts but this one jumped the train tracks unless I am reading it incorrectly.